RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

On 9/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, okeedokalee said:

Nothing is new.I was a regular attender at Alexander Park for many years, till I saw Miss Ghana being pulled up so hard the horses head was side ways looking at us in the stand. It was favourite and it's stablemate won.

That night I stopped punting on harness racing and many of the group I was with did too.

and it has survived to this very day

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, tasman man 11 said:

Ive heard from friends of friends ,their neighbours and motherinlaws ,including many who claim to be in the know including inside the TAB ...one race which comes up is the Derby....rumours about team driving ,injecting horses on day of race , conspiring to have the favourite  run out of first 4,quiet lead up runs  etc. For mine ,this was the most competitive race of the season and it was a Group 1.

If the authorities are hanging their hopes on this race ,after 17 months of hiding in bushes and wire-tapping I'd say good luck !

That speculation is why the suppression orders should be lifted.  

48 minutes ago, what a post said:

That speculation is why the suppression orders should be lifted.  

You may get your wish over the next few days.

09 October significant day for those appealing initial suppression order refusal.

One does have longer term suppression.

45 minutes ago, Stables said:

Every person who backs a horse that finishes down the track will never concede that it was poor selection on their part, it's always blamed on they weren't trying or they pulled it up, it's never because the horse simply wasn't good enough

Ive spent some of my gambling career punting horses that did not get anywhere.Its mostly my fault  for wrong selection so i concede Stables and that must make me very different according to you. Does that mean im special or were you over emphasizing your original point

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Every person who backs a horse that finishes down the track will never concede that it was poor selection on their part, it's always blamed on they weren't trying or they pulled it up, it's never because the horse simply wasn't good enough

Aren't many involved in all aspects of the industry punters, including trainers, drivers, owners.   That's a very negative outlook you have .

3 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Is there a preceedence for this ?

I don't know what grounds they are arguing for suppression. Are they arguing that pre trial publicity may cause prejudice,thus preventing the proper administration of justice? Is there personal circumstances that effect certain defendants.   Personally I think those arguments lose when comparing the need for open justice from the publics perspective.    It also prevents unnecessary speculation concerning people and circumstances which have been wrongly implicated.

16 minutes ago, what a post said:

Aren't many involved in all aspects of the industry punters, including trainers, drivers, owners.   That's a very negative outlook you have .

I don't know what grounds they are arguing for suppression. Are they arguing that pre trial publicity may cause prejudice,thus preventing the proper administration of justice? Is there personal circumstances that effect certain defendants.   Personally I think those arguments lose when comparing the need for open justice from the publics perspective.    It also prevents unnecessary speculation concerning people and circumstances which have been wrongly implicated.

Be interesting to see if anyone know of an instance suppression has been refused to prevent unnecessary speculation.

32 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Be interesting to see if anyone know of an instance suppression has been refused to prevent unnecessary speculation.

Your running a very good program on this whole case . You obviously have a little bit of inside so to speak so thanks for your pertinent posts.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

suppression has been refused to prevent unnecessary speculation.

I have shortened your sentence to confuse your message,just as you did mine.How about you quote the whole sentence next time,that way you will include the reasons I gave for expressing an opinion.  

Name suppression or interim name suppression needs to be applied consistently for everyone appearing in court.  Your not a protected species just because you operate in the harness world,just read the court news in your local paper if you want precedents. No doubt everyone appearing in court don't want the public to know. It doesn't work like that though does it.

There were no names on the court lists today that resembled anyone known to the Harness fraternity. Yes i know that most have name  suppression but not sure how it turned out for those who were to attend today.

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

There were no names on the court lists today that resembled anyone known to the Harness fraternity. Yes i know that most have name  suppression but not sure how it turned out for those who were to attend today.

I think today was the expiry day for suppression orders unless appealed to the high court, so no names of interest would be on the court list.

28 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

I think today was the expiry day for suppression orders unless appealed to the high court, so no names of interest would be on the court list.

Don't think any were required to attend today.

For the alleged race fixers their next appearance in regard to "race fixing" is 25 Mar 2019.

05 Dec 2018 is a date for "other" charges to be dealt with.