RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

"Police were at Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen's All Stars harness racing stables on Tuesday morning. Unmarked police cars were seen leaving the property about 12.20pm.

Addresses have been cordoned off and occupants were seen leaving with police. Computers were seized."

Police visited the property of champion trainer Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen's All Stars Harness Racing stables at Rolleston just outside Christchurch this morning.

He was not extensively questioned or arrested and is not believed to be a suspect in any of the race-fixing allegations.

Purdon told the Herald that he had not been questioned by police.

"They [police] had a look around here but they weren't that interested in me," he said.

Purdon said he had no issue with them looking over his property.

He was unaware that a major investigation had been underway.

Police officers left the property shortly after midday.

"They drove to their main aim, but I'm quite confident… well, they seemed quite happy when they left. I'm quite confident there's nothing there that I need to worry about," Purdon said.

Rasmussen was still being spoken to by police this afternoon, Purdon said.

But he added: "As far as race-fixing goes I know there's nothing involved there, but I'm quite comfortable. But as I say, they weren't that interested in me."

NZ Heraild

One can only wonder where this ends up.I hope that everyone on here does not get sucked in to all the bullshit that's likely to be flying around in the future over this episode. Let the facts speak for themselves when they eventually are revealed by the authorities

26 minutes ago, bus stop said:

Yes all three codes again in the media for all the wrong reasons just shows what greed and egos does to people IDOITS

More a likely case of a few bad apples and this has been the situation since gambling began. That said this will not be good for Harness Racing's image no matter what the official outcome.

2 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

It's strange to see photos of the only stable not implicated in race fixing. no photos of the ones arrested. Is this the first time there has been a rort into racing?

Probably just a case of their stables photos being held on file given their status in the industry.

Am hearing that J Dunn's Woodend stables were also visited

Christchurch car industry king pin, racehorse owner and major punter Graham Beirne, speaking to Stuff from Bali where he is on holiday, said he had heard about the raids on Canterbury trainers and knew police wanted to interview him.

"I'm a suspect put it that way. The police have been to our place this morning but I'm not there. All I have to say is one word: nonsense.

"I don't know where it's coming from. If they are talking race fixing, it's nonsense. It doesn't happen, so we'll see what they come up with but they are obviously taking it seriously because they have raided stables all over the place."

Four police cars and 12 police officers had come to his Fendalton house to execute a search warrant on Tuesday morning and apparently seized computers and devices, he said.

"There is nothing to worry about. 

"I am a big bettor. They would pick on me probably because three or four years ago there was an article in the Sunday Star Times which said I was the most successful punter in New Zealand and they couldn't beat me, and that was true at the time.

"But I haven't made any money in the last two years. The TAB records will show that."

Race fixing may have occurred in the distant past but checks and balances in the current system made it too difficult, he said.

The other issue in the industry was doping but he didn't know anything about that.

Beirne said he would not return immediately to New Zealand and planned to come back as scheduled on Saturday.

"By all accounts they are going to meet me at the airport."

He said he was "flippant" about the investigation but "I feel sorry for the trainers involved. I feel bad for the guys and the people they are interviewing. It's their livelihood. It's terrible for them".

"It tarnishes all their reputations even if nothing is found which there won't be."

He didn't know if any other big punters were part of the investigation. "I'm a reclusive creature so I don't know who else.

"It's a game for me although you always need the money. I like beating the system. It's only pacers and trotters."

He had about 30 horses that were trained by a number of trainers, he said.

"I don't need to race fix. I've got the pension now."

13 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Probably just a case of their stables photos being held on file given their status in the industry.

Am hearing that J Dunn's Woodend stables were also visited

The first photo was taken this morning. But no photos of other 9 stables.

22 minutes ago, lonestar said:

guerin tweeting that Blair orange has been arrested and bailed on race fixing charges

hunterthepunter

• hunterthepunter
  • Members
  • 309 posts
33 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Police executed search warrants on stables in Canterbury, Invercargill and Manawatū. Figures interviewed included Natalie Rasmussen, John Dunn, Blair Orange and Nigel McGrath.

john blair nigel all clean

Someones wrong, its not the first time and it wont be the last on this matter , the rumour mill is working overtime.

Lets leave it to the police to announce who has been arrested and who hasn't.

13 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

The standard of journalism in this country is at rock bottom. To publish pictures like this is gutter "stuff"

I see mat kermeen's name on it so not surprised... he is an absolute Muppet... you could ring him up tomorrow and tell him from now on there gonna race right handed at forbury. He would have it on stuff within the hour... wouldn't know how to check a source of his life depended on it....loves righting on rumours not facts.

Should get a job delivering pizza's, that's about all he'd be good for

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

hunterthepunter

• hunterthepunter
  • Members
  • 309 posts

john blair nigel all clean

Someones wrong, its not the first time and it wont be the last on this matter , the rumour mill is working overtime.

Lets leave it to the police to announce who has been arrested and who hasn't.

Lets get the facts before we all start jumping to conclusions everyone is innocent until proven otherwise...there is enough rubbish elsewhere being thrown around..not in here please.

11 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Lets get the facts before we all start jumping to conclusions everyone is innocent until proven otherwise...there is enough rubbish elsewhere being thrown around..not in here please.

Apologies Scoobie but thats the point my post was supposed to make. You have 1 person saying BO had been arrested and then another big fan Hunter saying Orange and McGrath were clear

2 hours ago, brenrox said:

"Police were at Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen's All Stars harness racing stables on Tuesday morning. Unmarked police cars were seen leaving the property about 12.20pm.

Addresses have been cordoned off and occupants were seen leaving with police. Computers were seized."

Only interested in gathering up those magic nasal strips:rcfe-laughing: