RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

3 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

This should be made compulsory for members of other particular social media sites along with access to calming goats preferably neutered ones.

I take it you are referring to the 2 clowns on another site , 1 who said his trainer /driver were clear of any charges but who in fact had been arrested that day. The other going off about a journalist doing his job which is to report the news and believe it or not race fixing and Class B drug arrests are news. Further he suggests that they have done a lot for racing blah blah, of course they have but for whose benefit

43 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

If this is right that it took 80 police 18 months to arrive at this is it any wonder they couldn't get a conviction in the Kahui twins murder and must be burdened down with cold cases.I hope I am wrong with the actual number of police working in this.

the police work has been carried out by the National Organised Crimes Group from Wellington

Hey guys, just my little piece...

I know this site is designed for robust discussion in circumstances such as this. I am in no way defending those accused! However, as most of you would know, the racing industry is a small community and a lot of these people are friends, family or just people you have seen grow up. This is not an easy situation, even for those who are innocent of any wrongdoing. I understand the disappointment from a punters, friend, family or merely racing entusiastes view if these people are found guilty. However, the unfortunate affects from this investigation will be devastating, not only to the industry but to the mental health of those involved or family members around them! These people have obviously made mistakes but who hasn't? Everyone deserves a second chance and i hope that we see those ultimately charged back on the track, whether that be in 5, 10 or 15 years time. 

The blue magic saga resulted in (i think I'm right, a bit before my time) two suicides. So although the people charged may have done wrong, can we try not to speculate too much and think about the mental health of those affected. Any loss of life would be absolutely devastating to the industry. 

As i say, this is just my little piece. Im sure many of you will have a very different view on this from me. 

One last thing, i have been heavily involved in this industry over the past 10 years, watching people i care about (although they've done wrong) and their families endure this tough time has been extremely hard to swallow. A number of my friends in the industry are feeling similar. I myself, have booked an appointment to see a councillor. If any other person in the industry is feeling the same please please reach out for help! 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

that guy has not been charged with race fixing, he is charged with  conspiring, and offering to supply a class B controlled drug, and possession of a restricted weapon.

1 hour ago, Lee270744 said:

If this is right that it took 80 police 18 months to arrive at this is it any wonder they couldn't get a conviction in the Kahui twins murder and must be burdened down with cold cases.I hope I am wrong with the actual number of police working in this.

Its just the beginning of this despicable episode.Only technicalities can save a few of them.

More arrests are likely according to the latest drum beats.

The days roll on and more people connected to what could be darkest days for our great sport. lets hope the harness racing community right through NZ  is not destroyed and we can put this behind us.Was pleased to see counselling offered. Many of us (hardened BSTds)can still reach out to others. 1 minor suggestion is to listen to a version of the song "everybody Hurts". sung by Father Ray Kelly on BGT' google....... father ray kelly  everybody hurts.....  

When the M mob and B power get caught flogging P to children are they afforded councilling and crying rooms it hasn't hurt their business and this will not affect harness racing. Did the Melbourne cup get canceled because of H Haitana and Fine Cotton no, so pull yourselves together nobody overdosed or died and if your panicking about a race being fixed get out of the game because every time you have a bet and it gets beat you will tell all it was rigged? 

BTW do the courts suppress names before they appear?

8 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Unreal the number of Christchurch "Clouseau"s there are on Race Cafe. Any of you thought of offering your services to Simon Bridges to out his mole?

Its been interesting Chevy - the number of phone calls etc etc this week has been unreal.

I don't think I'm the Pink Panther but I do think I could do a screenplay based on what I've heard and seen and read this week

21 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Unreal the number of Christchurch "Clouseau"s there are on Race Cafe. Any of you thought of offering your services to Simon Bridges to out his mole?

Thanks Jacinda for another riveting post. You should apply to Fairfax/Stuff for a poly reporter job and join the rest of the left loonies masquerading as Poly journos

14 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

thanks Jacinda for another riverting post

That would be riveting FTM, but really, haven't you people got a sluggish rebuild to get on with! This case is a triviality compared with Bernie Madoff, Shergar, ISIS, Putin's poisoners, Ted Bundy etc, not to mention whether Meghan is up the duff!

P.S. I just hope  those young alleged transgressors realise their possible offences against the system are more in the realm of stupidity and that they will ultimately be forgiven.

PPS. If any guilty they should plead guilty, get it over with, and prevent unnecessary leakage to those legal advisors.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

that guy has not been charged with race fixing, he is charged with  conspiring, and offering to supply a class B controlled drug, and possession of a restricted weapon.

If it is who we think it is KH, I'll be gobsmacked as I know the family...my worry is the effect on the health of the parents. They will be shattered.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

8 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Anyone else hearing that there is a change of personnel presenting at Addington tonight.

You have your finger on the pulse Newmarket..