RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

32 minutes ago, MAJESTIC said:

Interesting to note that no drivers notified for the R J Dunn horses for Addington Friday night. With driver engagement notification down for 1.00pm today was the trainer awaiting some devine intervention. Also notice other horse(s) without driver engagement. Does a fine get imposed for no notification by the set time of 1.00pm as set out in the programme conditions on the HRNZ site? There have been updates to the fields since 1.00pm close off.

Might have been waiting for Mike Godbers weekly bumble on trackside radio. The matter was kind of addressed but for most it would require further translation.

6 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Might have been waiting for Mike Godbers weekly bumble on trackside radio. The matter was kind of addressed but for most it would require further translation.

As we all know some of them are not the 'SHARPEST TOOLS IN THE SHED"

What a sad situation.  For me personally,  I will not bet on Harness racing until this is sorted. Instead of making excuses,  why not just call it what it is,  a bloody shambles.  I feel gutted that this sort of thing is happening. I love the trots,  but I feel like I've been taken for a mug.  I thought there would be universal condemnation. But there seems to be a lot of empathy for them.  

31 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

What a sad situation.  For me personally,  I will not bet on Harness racing until this is sorted. Instead of making excuses,  why not just call it what it is,  a bloody shambles.  I feel gutted that this sort of thing is happening. I love the trots,  but I feel like I've been taken for a mug.  I thought there would be universal condemnation. But there seems to be a lot of empathy for them.  

I've seen no evidence yet to suggest that anyone is guilty of anything other than stuff related to extasy - and that's nothing to do with Harness Racing. Yet these people have lost their income and had their lives and that of their families and loved ones turned upside down. That's part of the empathy.

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

I've seen no evidence yet to suggest that anyone is guilty of anything other than stuff related to extasy - and that's nothing to do with Harness Racing. Yet these people have lost their income and had their lives and that of their families and loved ones turned upside down. That's part of the empathy.

If  the allegations  are true,I have far more empathy for the thousands of punters who have been taken for mugs.They had an expectation of fair play. It appears they may have been treated like faceless fools. I guess its easier if you can't identify with who it is you are taking for a ride.. Is that how the support of those who help put food on industry participants tables is repaid..

I originally had  sympathy for those involved and the self made situation they found themselves in, however the blinkered support they get from many on here,  who only see it from those charged points of view,  just polarizes and hardens each differing point of view. 

8 hours ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

It's bloody amazing alright as to the number of industry people who are just brushing the matter aside and going into bat for those who are before court.

Brings to mind the ageless old say.

It's only a rort if your not involved 

11 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Interesting to note that no drivers notified for the R J Dunn horses for Addington Friday night. With driver engagement notification down for 1.00pm today was the trainer awaiting some devine intervention. Also notice other horse(s) without driver engagement. Does a fine get imposed for no notification by the set time of 1.00pm as set out in the programme conditions on the HRNZ site? There have been updates to the fields since 1.00pm close off.

Based on the fact the Club never closes nominations on time you would guess not B)

16 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Only two have claimed innocence publically,a not quilty plea is jus,t eating up time,if ban dropped cases won,t b heard til may

19 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

That seems to be sorted.

9 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Based on the fact the Club never closes nominations on time you would guess not B)

What is with NZ Metro and how they always extend nominations out? Why do they always do this? If trainers can't nominate their horses for the races before the cutoff time, forget about them. Hardly fair on the others that make the effort to do it on time. Makes the whole cutoff time a bit of a joke really.

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

What is with NZ Metro and how they always extend nominations out? Why do they always do this? If trainers can't nominate their horses for the races before the cutoff time, forget about them. Hardly fair on the others that make the effort to do it on time. Makes the whole cutoff time a bit of a joke really.

So would you rather see six horse fields or ten horse fields.  The clubs carnt win. They get carted for small fields and then went they try to get bigger fields which is what most  people want they still get slammed. I would rathr they open the fields again when there are few noms  and get a decent field then run around with under 8 starters which few  people want to bet on. Sometimes trainers forget sometimes they dont nominate because they think they have no chance.  Fair enough when the clubs have full fields but I say good on them for being pro active  in trying to  make up a competetive field.

2 hours ago, harewood said:

Sometimes trainers forget

Haha really?! How unprofessional if so.

Sorry Mr/Mrs Owner, but I forgot to nominate your horse this week, so it's not racing. Yeah sorry about that. Just didn't get round to it, as it slipped my mind. 

Imagine that.

"Sorry miss, I forgot to do my homework." 

9 hours ago, harewood said:

So would you rather see six horse fields or ten horse fields.  The clubs carnt win. They get carted for small fields and then went they try to get bigger fields which is what most  people want they still get slammed. I would rathr they open the fields again when there are few noms  and get a decent field then run around with under 8 starters which few  people want to bet on. Sometimes trainers forget sometimes they dont nominate because they think they have no chance.  Fair enough when the clubs have full fields but I say good on them for being pro active  in trying to  make up a competetive field.

I’d be for that if they let the punter know who the late nominations were that made up the field, maybe an ‘L’ by their name, may have some bearing on the result.

Enjoying a great night at Addington tonight, turned around and low and behold who should be standing there but none other than John Dunn. I along with others was / am under the impression that he along with others were forbidden to set foot on race courses for the mean time. Have I missed something in the media if so could some one please point me in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, MAJESTIC said:

Enjoying a great night at Addington tonight, turned around and low and behold who should be standing there but none other than John Dunn. I along with others was / am under the impression that he along with others were forbidden to set foot on race courses for the mean time. Have I missed something in the media if so could some one please point me in the right direction.

John Dunn - yeah I thought I saw him there tonight in the grandstand. 

I just thought he was covering the meeting for 3ZB. 

10 minutes ago, MAJESTIC said:

Unbelievable - I haven't seen anything contrary to them being barred. Was he disguise hehe. Seems like a totally disregard of the penalty imposed. But obviously if found guilty they think they are above the rules and regulations.  

Will now be interesting to see what the RIU has to say about this. Are they not the organisation that imposed the ban. We will see who has the balls to stand up to these people who seem to think that they are above the law (so to speak)

23 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Maybe technology lets them down ,an emergency crops up , one partner thought the other one was doing it.

I read so often on here that some don't know what day of the week it is ,while others are in LaLa land ...on another planet !

Maybe its all the class b drug use causing the above??????

8 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Contact the RIU (0800 number) and ask the question - I haven't heard of any change to the attendance bans

4 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Contact the RIU (0800 number) and ask the question - I haven't heard of any change to the attendance bans

I have heard of no change either so most puzzling like I just can't visualise John Dunn flipping the bird at the RIU.

0800 line for is for narks I think not really for Q & A