RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

34 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

You are 100% correct B. Does anyone think 2 footballers can fix a football match? An ex-driver who probably features in the top 10 all-time winning drivers said exactly the same thing it would take more than 2 drivers to fix a race.

Rubbish - if those two drivers were on favored runners and conspired to make sure those runners did not finish in the first three it would be easier for a trifecta punter to get a healthy dividend by excluding them if that punter was "in the know".

Surely you understand that fixing a race needn't mean winning that race?

2 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

Rubbish - if those two drivers were on favored runners and conspired to make sure those runners did not finish in the first three it would be easier for a trifecta punter to get a healthy dividend by excluding them if that punter was "in the know".

Well at Blenheim one of those favourites named in the race fixing, won the race. So?

1 hour ago, Taku Umanga said:

Oh sorry, How many times could you slaughter the two favorites before the owners and trainers would wake up maybe 18 months? and would they be forbidden to watch the replays?

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

The one thing I do wonder about, how can you have race fixing involving only 2 drivers in the race? What about all the other starters? There is no guarantee that one of them isn't going to come along and win. It seems rather odd to me. Race fixing presumes that most of the drivers would be in on it. Otherwise it's nearly as much a gamble as betting on a straight race anyway.

May not necessarily relate to the outright winner of a race. 

It may relate to a betting option where two horses are nominated as a betting option that is a head to head market within the same race.

So horse number 5 and horse number 7 may be selected as the two horses (out of a 10 horse field) by the TAB. 

The horse that beats the other horse home is declared the winner. 

So in theory, if one horse runs 4th and the other horse runs worse than 4th, the 4th placed horse is the winner. I.e they are racing against eachother, for the better result. 

1 hour ago, Lee270744 said:

Oh sorry, How many times could you slaughter the two favorites before the owners and trainers would wake up maybe 18 months? and would they be forbidden to watch the replays?

How many times?  It only takes one for a race-fixing charge.

Not hard to make a horse look unlucky and come up with some bullshit excuse for the owners (and stipes) ....

4 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

You are 100% correct B. Does anyone think 2 footballers can fix a football match? An ex-driver who probably features in the top 10 all-time winning drivers said exactly the same thing it would take more than 2 drivers to fix a race.

Playing devils advocate here - if another horse or driver stuffs up the plan of two (or more) people to fix a race - does that make the conduct of the 2 (or more) people involved ok ?

A couple of the races highlighted clearly raise questions - and not trying, or aiding another runner etc are definitely punishable offences - whether or not they come off.

21 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Did you hear the discussion?

Didn't think so.

Did you see it smartarse ? Having a chat over your shoulder with a driver on your outside ? Who then went on to win the race ?

Even the cameras zoomed in on it....asking the same question.

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Did you see it smartarse ? Having a chat over your shoulder with a driver on your outside ? Who then went on to win the race ?

Even the cameras zoomed in on it....asking the same question.

I did see it and if you want to get mouthy two can play that game. He handed to the favourite who went on to win. Would have been a poor drive to hold it out. He stopped. No-one but those two know what they said.

No story here.

1 minute ago, Sickopunter said:

I did see it and if you want to get mouthy two can play that game. He handed to the favourite who went on to win. Would have been a poor drive to hold it out. He stopped. No-one but those two know what they said.

No story here.

I didn't say there was. It wasn't a good look given what's happening right now. Ok with you smartmouth ?

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

I didn't say there was. It wasn't a good look given what's happening right now. Ok with you smartmouth ?

You implied it. And I don't think it even slightly relates to whats happening now. And that's two strikes now so I think I am well within my rights to give some back. Dumb arse.

17 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

You implied it. And I don't think it even slightly relates to whats happening now. And that's two strikes now so I think I am well within my rights to give some back. Dumb arse.

Guys come on...is there really any need for the personal agro...:rcf-thinking-1:

19 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

WTF ??! Did anyone else see the discussion between McCormick and Gavin Smith in Race 1 tonight....??

Not smart given what's going on...:rolleyes:

As far as I know it is not illegal for drivers to talk to each other during a race.   

Fair enough though if you want to have a discussion about whether it should be legal or not.  .