RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

18 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

What do you think ...whats your holier than thou pollyana view or do you think your anonymous view will be scorned by us 'nutters' that read race cafe !

You"ve got a bit lathered up there fella,.

Holier than thou view. Maybe your right- I do think I have higher morals that you. 

Pollyanna view-that means positive,optistic view does it not. Thanks for the compliment.. I didin"t realise you knew me so well..

Nutters that read racecafe-well I never said that. I  read it and  I'm certainly not a nutter,well as long as I take my medication that is.

I"ve always thought you came from the Auckland area,just guessing, I may be wrong,but it sure sounds like you have written that reply while stuck in traffic for 2 hours.   I suggest Deep breaths. 

Just to clarify it for you.My point about what I have read on racecafe as being eye opening related to the views of  what many deem as acceptable, or behavior that they deem as not worthy of investigation or the resources used.  I do put you in that category . 

4 hours ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

Name Suppressions in place on Harness Racing prosecutions. Details in the Stuff article below:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/106978548/racing-figures-in-operation-inca-due-in-court

Granting of name supression in these types of cases is damaging in my opinion as it allows rumour and speculation to cast mud on a much wider range of people than should be.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Have to agree Chevy. This will disrupt some lives and bring about some changes but no more angst than, for example, the Messara Report and the closure of tracks in the long run.  Things will carry on little noticed by the rank and file. How do I come to this conclusion? Well, only the converted watch Trackside, have a bet or three, go to the trots or gallops or take the odd share in a horse. It will cause few ruffles because there is no- repeat NO- marketing done outside of a few narrow channels to educate, inform or encourage even those mildly interested in horses to become interested in Harness racing. Never any advertising in Mainstream press, on TV! or whatever the most popular TV or radio channels may be.Kidz Karts is just one small faction. Important, yes, but just one faction. Why can Pony Club pages on Facebook not carry harness racing adverts, pics or information. There is sooooooo much more that could be done to promote harness racing and to appeal to the next generation of participants cannot be done by 60 -70 year olds set in their ways. 2018 thinking is different from 1980 and the apparatus needed to reach and gain the attention of new and younger people is actually not fully understood by oldies. It needs young, vibrant people to kick this thing in the guts. Wasn't it refreshing to see a younger brigade with some lateral thinking promoting the Jewels this year? I don't see a huge exodus from athletics worldwide just because of a few drug cheats. If you always do what you've always done................

You’re correct but you need to fix stakes, tracks and how owners are looked after before you promote ownership.

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

Tasman man has forgotten more than u have ever known.owned close to 300 winners had a placing in a Melbourne cup ?top sportsman and administrator.i would never 5ake his opinion lightly on anything.just saying.

Impressive achievements.  

The part of his post that I originally quoted was      Behaviour" that has long been done playing silly buggers at some low grade harness meeting"

To me that displays a level disdain and disrespect towards  those who punt and compete at these meetings and expect fair play.      I assume he says what he thinks otherwise why else say it.   

I expect fair play if i'm putting my hard earned $ on in every race,irrespective of the stake,or what class of meeting. You can't differentiate just because it suits you.

Many other posters have referred to it happening in the past. Its as if its just part of the game. Well it was dishonest then, and its dishonest now. That's the way I see it. Getting annoyed with Who investigated it,what it cost. Whats that about. 

1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

Judge sensors NZ Police and media - especially Stuff

28319914-6B26-4C61-B56A-28A7C445A1BB.png

Judge Raoul Neave has a history of calling out the media based on his "personal opinion". The "Dud Judge" has had calls for him to step down in the past for his lack of "judgement"

The Police absolutely did the right thing by holding a press conference after the raids. The public needed to be infrormed to alay any fears/concerns;  after a large police presence, during property raids as part of Operation Inca. No persons of interests were named in the Press Conference.

Chastising the Press for doing their jobs with live updates in this age modern age of technology and reporting also continues to show how out of touch he is with society. None of the accused rights were breached with the live updates!

5 hours ago, LongOwner said:

I disagree - the media - Stuff & Informant- have been way over the top and definitely not balanced .

What happened to innocent until proven quilty !

Some of those involved chose to respond to the media questions about the investigation.

Surely that gives said media the right to report on those responses - or are you saying those people are naive enough to think things would be "off the record"? 

Edited by Taku Umanga
Posted twice

6 hours ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

Judge Raoul Neave has a history of calling out the media based on his "personal opinion". The "Dud Judge" has had calls for him to step down in the past for his lack of "judgement"

The Police absolutely did the right thing by holding a press conference after the raids. The public needed to be infrormed to alay any fears/concerns;  after a large police presence, during property raids as part of Operation Inca. No persons of interests were named in the Press Conference.

Chastising the Press for doing their jobs with live updates in this age modern age of technology and reporting also continues to show how out of touch he is with society. None of the accused rights were breached with the live updates!

Agree with you 100%. He gives the impression he is only interested in the defendants. That said he is in a difficult position as he will be criticised  no.matter what he does in terms of pubic perception/reaction 

The Fourth Estate - which some above are members of or supporters of - has today totally lost its ability to report independently and are no better than the keyboard warriors we complain about .

Murderers , child molesters , armed robbers and meth cooks get more even reporting and police conferences than this witch hunt !

Did they ask what the firearm was - a toy battery powered lighter - no reported on both sides as loaded firearm , drug dealing quanity - no never - is it one pill or suitcase full and shall I go on .

The media should be charged with contempt of court - i bet Eaton has a lot more skill than police and media and he raised the issue .

Let everyone have a fair trial but by condoning over zealous behaviour before the matters get to court is impeding the justice system and fairness of these cases .

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

The Fourth Estate - which some above are members of or supporters of - has today totally lost its ability to report independently and are no better than the keyboard warriors we complain about .

Murderers , child molesters , armed robbers and meth cooks get more even reporting and police conferences than this witch hunt !

Did they ask what the firearm was - a toy battery powered lighter - no reported on both sides as loaded firearm , drug dealing quanity - no never - is it one pill or suitcase full and shall I go on .

The media should be charged with contempt of court - i bet Eaton has a lot more skill than police and media and he raised the issue .

Let everyone have a fair trial but by condoning over zealous behaviour before the matters get to court is impeding the justice system and fairness of these cases .

One pill wouldn't be enough to substantiate a supplying charge.

Can't be in contempt of court if those reported on haven't appeared in court.

They named parties while they were still being charged and applying for name suppression - they had to take down the article by order of judge .

Supefying case with drugs and unlawful sex gets 5 sentences and no names and remanded on bail until mid  Nov .

Example of witch hunt journalism in Inca investigation v’s a worse case today reported in The Press Stuff.

I guess people don’t accept fairness & innocent until proved otherwise - very sad to read .

16 hours ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

Well their names were mentioned in the live updates and the applications of suppression had been submitted which the judge was still ruling on so I would argue a pretty big breach of rights

3 hours ago, LongOwner said:

They named parties while they were still being charged and applying for name suppression - they had to take down the article by order of judge .

Supefying case with drugs and unlawful sex gets 5 sentences and no names and remanded on bail until mid  Nov .

Example of witch hunt journalism in Inca investigation v’s a worse case today reported in The Press Stuff.

I guess people don’t accept fairness & innocent until proved otherwise - very sad to read .

You are confusng Media Law with Media Ethics. There was no judge order to take the live updates down. The judge in "His" opinion chastised the media on being unethical.

Name suppression just prevents the media from reporting on the Name of the accused. You'll find that the media are still able to report on the age and sex of accused, and also the summary of the charge(s) unless the judge also suppressed details of the charges.

Also you will find that Name Suppression was refused by the judge and ONLY because the accused expressed an intention to appeal that ruling, that they were given Interim Name Suppression.

15 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Well their names were mentioned in the live updates and the applications of suppression had been submitted which the judge was still ruling on so I would argue a pretty big breach of rights

Actually only the names of Stuart and Wall who didn't have name suppression were mentioned in the live updates. All others were by age and sex only.

4 minutes ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

You are confusng Media Law with Media Ethiics. There was no judge order to take the live updates down. The judge in "His" opinion chastised the media on being unethical.

Name suppression just prevents the media from reporting on the Name of the accused. You'll find that the media are still able to report on the age and sex of accused, and also the summary of the charge(s) unless the judge also suppressed details of the charges.

Also you will find that Name Suppression was refused by the judge and ONLY because the accused expressed an intention to appeal that ruling, that they were given Interim Name Suppression.

Summary of charges was also suppressed