RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

1 hour ago, kdt said:

Things are bad enough without this clown making things worse.   If this is the level of his management ability The Met need to move him on PDQ

1 hour ago, kdt said:

Ridiculous move by Addington Raceway. What were they thinking? Banning media was totally the wrong move because it looks like there is something to hide. Whoever devised or authorised this move should be sacked. 

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

Ridiculous move by Addington Raceway. What were they thinking? Banning media was totally the wrong move because it looks like there is something to hide. Whoever devised or authorised this move should be sacked. 

This bloke Jensen used to be at Southern Response, Kitchen Studio and St John Of God Hauora Trust according to Linkedin.

Dealing with the media probably not a strength.

The naivety of some on here is boggling, or perhaps just a symptom of the head in the sand "nothing to see here" attitude which has allowed this to flourish for decades. There is 18 months of investigation here, they have tapes, wire taps, seized computers, phones. I have heard that there could be a couple of dozen other  people who can expect a tap on the door. Friends or not, they deserve not one iota of sympathy, and we just have to hope that they have not done irreparrable damage to our sport. 

10 minutes ago, Prodigious said:

The naivety of some on here is boggling, or perhaps just a symptom of the head in the sand "nothing to see here" attitude which has allowed this to flourish for decades. There is 18 months of investigation here, they have tapes, wire taps, seized computers, phones. I have heard that there could be a couple of dozen other  people who can expect a tap on the door. Friends or not, they deserve not one iota of sympathy, and we just have to hope that they have not done irreparrable damage to our sport. 

I think whats remarkable is how people are all jumping to conclusions. Some of our industry people like taking class b drugs recreationally. They shouldn't do it but there are a lot worse things going on in the world. I'm yet to hear anything substantial regarding race fixing I don't expect the boys in blue to be experts in decoding conversations between drivers about who may want the front or what chance they think their horse is. That and race fixing are very different things. It may be no different in most cases than what we hear in trackside interviews. Maybe we should wait until the facts are out?

You haven't heard anything substantial because you won't until the court cases begin.  If you are just a punter, then you will perhaps be forgiven for the disbelief, but if you have been an owner, then you will not be so surprised.  

8 minutes ago, Prodigious said:

You haven't heard anything substantial because you won't until the court cases begin.  If you are just a punter, then you will perhaps be forgiven for the disbelief, but if you have been an owner, then you will not be so surprised.  

Lets not jump to guilty verdicts until proven shall we... nobody is guilty of anything until its been proven..you would expect the same if it was you in their situation.

3 hours ago, Prodigious said:

The damage these greedy individuals have done won't be terminal but harness racing will never be the same. The worst part is that most of the accused were successful, with the exception of A. Stuart who is an average trainer, the rest especially Orange and J. Dunn are two of the highest earners in the sport.

Edited by Thejanitor
grammar

3 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

I think whats remarkable is how people are all jumping to conclusions. Some of our industry people like taking class b drugs recreationally. They shouldn't do it but there are a lot worse things going on in the world. I'm yet to hear anything substantial regarding race fixing I don't expect the boys in blue to be experts in decoding conversations between drivers about who may want the front or what chance they think their horse is. That and race fixing are very different things. It may be no different in most cases than what we hear in trackside interviews. Maybe we should wait until the facts are out?

The two accused of drug issues are collateral damage from the actions of the race fixers. When it comes to the law, drugs will probably get more serious sentences than race fixing. But make no mistake it is the race fixers, not those charged with drug issues, that deserve everything they get. If the charges are proven they should all face lifetime bans. 

8 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

The damage these greedy individuals have done won't be terminal but harness racing will never be the same. The worst part is that most of the accused were successful, with the exception of A. Stuart who is an average trainer, the rest especially Orange and J. Dunn are two of the highest earners in the sport.

We all know none of these guys 

25 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

The two accused of drug issues are collateral damage from the actions of the race fixers. When it comes to the law, drugs will probably get more serious sentences than race fixing. But make no mistake it is the race fixers, not those charged with drug issues, that deserve everything they get. If the charges are proven they should all face lifetime bans. 

I reckon youll find the opposite. Little or no race fixing and a whole bunch of recreational drug use and supply. Which has nothing to do with harness racing.

13 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

We all know none of these guys 

I reckon youll find the opposite. Little or no race fixing and a whole bunch of recreational drug use and supply. Which has nothing to do with harness racing.

Clearly from your posts you don't have any major issue with the recreational use of class b drugs,or of high profile players being suppliers.   I just cant work out such attitudes.   From some posts on here and media headlines harness racing is full of drug users who see little wrong with their actions and the examples they set to others. 

With such attitudes it makes me wonder what they think is ok to put into a horses system. 

I'm amazed that so many industry participants think drug use and supply thereof is a nothing burger. It does indicate how the current situation has arisen and the thinking of those involved, that they will play by the rules they think is acceptable,stuff everyone else because they know best.

18 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Some of our industry people like taking class b drugs recreationally. They shouldn't do it but there are a lot worse things going on in the world. 

2 minutes ago, what a post said:

Clearly from your posts you don't have any major issue with the recreational use of class b drugs,or of high profile players being suppliers.   I just cant work out such attitudes.   From some posts on here and media headlines harness racing is full of drug users who see little wrong with their actions and the examples they set to others.  

With such attitudes it makes me wonder what they think is ok to put into a horses system.  

I'm amazed that so many industry participants think drug use and supply thereof is a nothing burger. It does indicate how the current situation has arisen and the thinking of those involved, that they will play by the rules they think is acceptable,stuff everyone else because they know best.

My main point is that its about what people do in their personal time, its not something which is specific to Harness Racing or that is really even about Harness Racing. But when people see headlines about race fixing (which I have still never heard anything substantial about yet) and drugs in racing its misleading and unfairly damaging in an unfair way. Im not sure there is a lot of evidence that the recreational use of MDMA is any more damaging to the individual or others around them than that of alcohol. But it is illegal, potentially dangerous?? and as such no-one should be doing it and certainly not supplying it.

I think its totally unfair for you to say "with such attitudes it makes me wonder what they think is ok to put in a horses system".

15 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

My main point is that its about what people do in their personal time, its not something which is specific to Harness Racing or that is really even about Harness Racing. But when people see headlines about race fixing (which I have still never heard anything substantial about yet) and drugs in racing its misleading and unfairly damaging in an unfair way. Im not sure there is a lot of evidence that the recreational use of MDMA is any more damaging to the individual or others around them than that of alcohol. But it is illegal, potentially dangerous?? and as such no-one should be doing it and certainly not supplying it.

I think its totally unfair for you to say "with such attitudes it makes me wonder what they think is ok to put in a horses system".

If you continue to use ecstasy do you not have to increase the amount to get the same effects?. Dont some studies show over 90% of those who take ecstasy use other,often harder drugs.            

You might think it unfair about the reference to drug use on horses,i don't,to me its a reflection of attitudes

Everyone who walks the earth knows or knew that harness Racing is full of thieves,it’s well documented and many have seen it at the track, it’s not rocket science . It’s time this industry is shut down, I really enjoyed the theatre and given my time again I probably wouldn’t change a thing regardless ,but there are far to many variables even without factoring in the  cheating to keep this viable. RIP Thieves on wheels. One things for sure if there’s pearly gates we won’t be seeing to many getting through from this mob:rcfe-happy-2:

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Everyone who walks the earth knows or knew that harness Racing is full of thieves,it’s well documented and many have seen it at the track, it’s not rocket science . It’s time this industry is shut down, I really enjoyed the theatre and given my time again I probably wouldn’t change a thing regardless ,but there are far to many variables even without factoring in the  cheating to keep this viable. RIP Thieves on wheels. One things for sure if there’s pearly gates we won’t be seeing to many getting through from this mob:rcfe-happy-2:

Go back under your thoroughbred rock.