RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

85 year old Ivan Schwamm did not renew his Drivers Licence this season. If this match fixing scandal gets any bigger he might have to come out of retirement and drive again to make up the numbers in the Canterbury area.

That's funny I saw Bob Cameron in Hornby mall with a pair of white trousers and I said taking up lawn bowls Bob he said be buggered I'm getting ready for a comeback no drivers left.

3 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

When the M mob and B power get caught flogging P to children are they afforded councilling and crying rooms it hasn't hurt their business and this will not affect harness racing. Did the Melbourne cup get canceled because of H Haitana and Fine Cotton no, so pull yourselves together nobody overdosed or died and if your panicking about a race being fixed get out of the game because every time you have a bet and it gets beat you will tell all it was rigged? 

BTW do the courts suppress names before they appear?

Black power and harness trainers supplying drugs,, interesting comparison.  Haitana got a life ban,is that what your advocating.  Telling people to get out of the game if they are concerned about fair play?    Mate....    Stick to your udr comparisons

5 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

If this is right that it took 80 police 18 months to arrive at this is it any wonder they couldn't get a conviction in the Kahui twins murder and must be burdened down with cold cases.I hope I am wrong with the actual number of police working in this.

Approx a small select group of about 4 were working on the case. When the raids were conducted Police are called in from other areas to assist for the operation and are only breifed just before the raid. That is were you are getting your no. 80 from. So the answer to you question is yes you are incorrect.

5 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Am I correct in my assumption that the original raids were not drug related?.  One of the accused charged was found in possession and it has snowballed from there with regards to the drugs side of the issue.

The raids were for match fixing and drugs related.  Operation Inca was set up to investigate alleged Match Fixing. The drug charges have come as a result of surveillance for Match Fixing.

Of the 10 persons charged, only Matt Anderson has been charged with both Match Fixing and Drug related offenses.

4 minutes ago, jimbob said:

why are the TAB taking bets on the  thieves on wheels  tonight, should be shut down until investigation finished

Because it is not just the trainers and drivers making a living on Harness. Tote operators, bars and restaurants relying on the people betting to continue to operate, media and a myriad of other sub industries relying on the harness racing.  Shut down harness and you take away the livelihoods of thousands of people not directly connected to the industry.  

30 minutes ago, mike28 said:

there's a lot more juice still left in this lemon

There must be a hell of lot more to be exposed yet.

Ok Nelson race accounts for 2 people.

Manawatu accounts for 1 only as J Curtin hasn't been charged.

So they must have many more races where those others charged have had an involvement in.

What I have trouble believing is how they could actually make enough money off the punt to 1. make it worthwhile and 2. how the accused were tempted to take part in it.

Most of those involved wouldn't be strapped for cash unless they had a huge drug problem. 

At least with J Mac in Aussie it was just plain stupidity and he wasn't cheating Joe Bloggs.

Munce and Rawiller in Hong Kong a lot more serious and in Rawiller's case (after what happened to Munce) insanity

59 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Munce and Rawiller in Hong Kong a lot more serious and in Rawiller's case (after what happened to Munce) insanity

Reported yesterday that Beirne said he often rang trainers to get the oil on their runners and if he had a good punting result would often give them a sling. Would all be rubbed out in Hong Kong obviously but just "business" here?

4 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Reported yesterday that Beirne said he often rang trainers to get the oil on their runners and if he had a good punting result would often give them a sling. Would all be rubbed out in Hong Kong obviously but just "business" here?

Where was that reported?

Clear rules about that in HK. Are there here?

7 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Where was that reported?

I doubt it - it's called professionalism vs a bunch of amateurs.

But ethically I feel it is wrong for trainers to be telling Beirne (and for him to be asking) about other stable runners - typical "she'll be right mate" attitude. 

12 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Where was that reported?

Can't remember, Herald or Stuff , may have been Guerin because it concluded with comment that slings used to be commonplace  here in racing but not so much nowadays. It was an article referring to Beirne arriving back from Bali on Saturday morning and cops I think will be catching up with him at the airport. Auckland?

1 minute ago, chevy86 said:

Can't remember, Herald or Stuff , may have been Guerin because it concluded with comment that slings used to be commonplace  here in racing but not so much nowadays.

You sure you arent misreporting/misquoting that? Be good if you had the link?

8 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Graham Beirne comments to the Otago Daily Times:

Beirne said he was a prolific punter who often rang trainers and drivers seeking their opinions on races.

But he said he never paid them for information and had never offered inducements or rewards for what he was told.

Beirne said he had been told by police he would be detained for questioning when he lands in Auckland tomorrow.

"Initially when I heard about all this I thought it was a joke but now I see a lot of people being charged I am taking it far more seriously.

"But I will defend myself with everything I have as I haven't done anything wrong."

more at: https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/racing/charged-trainers-free-start-horses

14 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Pretty sure that was the gist of the story. Herald yesterday. Clarification--he said he gave an employee a sling, not the trainer or driver, but says he enquires about horses other than his own. Make up your own minds about ethics and confidentiality regarding horses somebody else is paying the bills for.

P.S. I'm a simple beast with techo so just Google  and easy to find.

12 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I hope not TJ, they were neighbours of ours and I would be very surprised if involved in this.

8 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Name suppression will probably be dropped on Tuesday next... then you might be surprised?

One of 10 people arrested following a 17-month investigation into alleged harness race-fixing and drug offending is fighting to keep his name secret.

Appeal papers have been filed for a 30-year-old Christchurch man wanting to keep his name suppressed after his arrest as part of the police's Operation Inca investigation.

No date has been set for the hearing of the appeal.  Suppression already applies to the nature of the charges the man faces, but the judge said general details could be reported. They relate to supplying, conspiring, and offering to supply a class B controlled drug, and possession of a restricted weapon.

The man has been remanded on bail to Wednesday September 26, without plea.