RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

5 hours ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

How?

Did I every say they shouldn't be held to account and punished for their actions??....No

Did I defend anyone or claim their innocence??....No

Also never said that you don't have a right to have an opinion on the situation..... 

Keep demeaning people thou mate.... Hope it makes ya feel better.

Thou will and maybe Thou won't 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

According to that report, yes, on Tuesday, where name suppression was granted. A bit pointless, the horse had already bolted.

They only started raiding them on Tuesday and hadn't charged some of them till Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, Booby Bec said:

Does anyone ACTUALLY know who the others are with name suppression?  I hear a trained at Russley is one of them

I don't want to Bag anyone, but Orbiter and Gentle George (I think he won on all four days of the Cup Carnival 1978), are related to this issue. 

30 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

Where is Edward Renell in all of this I see that Garrick Knight has plenty to report, can anyone elaborate if it is any more than a couple of races and a few disco lollies?

what about NZTR making a statement about their own - Wall race manager from Aweapuni. Is he still working in the office or has he been stood down pending court hearing?

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

If you look at HRNZ site you will see that counseling services are being offered to all license holders. Very smart move.

This should be made compulsory for members of other particular social media sites along with access to calming goats preferably neutered ones.

10 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

I don't want to Bag anyone, but Orbiter and Gentle George (I think he won on all four days of the Cup Carnival 1978), are related to this issue. 

I hope not TJ, they were neighbours of ours and I would be very surprised if involved in this.

51 minutes ago, HarryHindsight said:

Only 1 alleged fixed race and they are giving the drugs to the humans . Is this bad ?

Only one? They are investigating at least 10 races. The NZ Derby is part of the investigation, but not from a race fixing point of view. However, a lead up race the week prior is. 

49 minutes ago, HarryHindsight said:

Only 1 alleged fixed race and they are giving the drugs to the humans . Is this bad ?

I think there is more than one race in question HH - but your point that there are a number arrested here "just" on drugs charges. The media trumpeting race fixing and then saying the number of  arrests does paint a bit of a misleading picture.

Nonetheless none of it reflects well on the industry - irrespective of the fact I there are plenty of people in professions, other businesses etc with drugs issues..

We're talking a class B drug. If people took x instead of alcohol the country would likely be a better place. And its not addictive in the way most of the class A ones are. Its not something I do or endorse but I think people are getting badly wrapped up in the drugs in racing thing. Partly that horses might be involved and partly that people are bad or have serious problems. At least google it before making assumptions or shooting from the hip.