RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Bump.

Yes a very sad day all round...hate to say I brought the race fixing to attention of this forum when I saw it...and got negative responses from some but I didn’t care. I thought there was a total lack of integrity and justice going on in the industry and pleased at last the crooks are being brought to justice!

16 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

Surely  Stuff must have misreported Cran  Dalgety  in  saying  Dexter would have no worries as he is a big punter on his drives. If that was true would be a big foot in mouth moment.

I saw that on stuff. I think they must have got the Dexter Dunn bit mixed in with the Graham Beirne story.

23 minutes ago, tim vince said:

I don't dump mates in bother

. Yup gutted but still a mate.sorry boys not like  u bought up in a different era. U never had friends family in bother.u throw them to the wolves.not me sorry

I take your point Tim - no you don't necessarily dump them. You support them and help them improve if you can.

BUT there is a point where their actions are so difficult to take or reprehensible  that you do walk away. Not sure anyone here has crossed that line - just saying there is a line even for us old buggers 

...and a key point here that I wish to highlight is that our stipes do nothing here in NZ in these situations. Matt should have been taken to ask around his drive....NOTHING???...maybe they were lying in this situation due to the undercover investigation proceeding and they didn’t want people getting wind of it? I don’t know but I think the stipes behaviour or total lack of it as it may be, condones and supports what occurs on the track! The know they can get away with it, especially on the Nelson circuit. I can give you another similar incidence at Nelson by another identified person under enquiry who did similar....again NOTHING! Your NOTHING is wrecking owners and punters confidence and wrecking the industry in general. Take a leaf from Australia and do what you are employed to do!

I just hope that, whatever the outcome, the authorities move swiftly and provide as much accurate and timely information as possible to the public (without prejudicing the accused who have a right to innocence until proven guilty), so that rumour and conjecture does not burden those who have done no wrong.

I would also hope that even those with personal relationships with the accused, are able to recognise objectively that if the charges laid are substantiated and proven, appropriate punishments are paramount to give the sport a chance at continuing and reestablishing itself to its former glory.    

3 hours ago, Crackthewhip said:

Yes a very sad day all round...hate to say I brought the race fixing to attention of this forum when I saw it...and got negative responses from some but I didn’t care. I thought there was a total lack of integrity and justice going on in the industry and pleased at last the crooks are being brought to justice!

Like the man says on the Speights advert; "Good on ya mate". 

And to Diceman too. 

16 minutes ago, Fernlea25 said:

If  there is strong evidence to substantiate the allegations, and serious jail time on the line, it'll be interesting to see how quickly someone flips for a more lenient punishment (and then just how many are implicated as a result).

Indeed. The permutations are endless at the.moment. Who blinks first is the million dollar question.

I'm hearing that DD has now been.invited home. 

Just a little  surprised to read today some driver's joking about  it.  While they have obviously  have  no involvement,  it is still their industry that is under the microscope and currently it would be  " bacteria "  you'd be looking at.

15 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Has been going on for years, this news is not breaking, shut down all betting on this industry until the investigation has finished

So deprive 99% of the industry an income for the next year.... Unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, jimbob said:

Has been going on for years, this news is not breaking, shut down all betting on this industry until the investigation has finished

Seriously.?

So your solution is to cripple every good person in the Industry, leave thousands jobless, put a dent in our economy, which it would do! 

Because dozen odd people made some bad life choices (and will face consequences).

Get a life mate!

While I'm ranting can we stop calling them bad apples etc most of them involved, have for the most part done plenty for the Industry.... they have worked hard and not just for there own benefit, like most in the Industry do. They have helped lots of people out , giving jobs,advice and great racing thrills to many. They are people who will give the time of day to anybody and are very pleasant to be around. You can at least show them a tiny bit of respect as human beings at least if nothing else.

Now I'm not defending any actions. They will be held to account and face the consequences for their mistakes.. but seriously a lot of u need to get of your high horse when talking about them.

Never realised that this was for perfect people only.

PS

If everyone that ever did mdma got charged there would be 100,000 cases before the courts every year. Slot with higher profiles than these

#justsaying

12 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

A mid-winter harness race in Nelson is at the centre of a police inquiry into alleged match-fixing - with allegations at least one of the drivers manipulated the result.

Charges have been laid in relation to Race 11 at Nelson on June 8, which was won by Storm Prince, driven by champion driver Blair Orange.

Another driver in the event has been charged with manipulating the result of the race - and causing losses to the betting public and other race participants.

The charge is laid under the Crimes Act and carries a maximum penalty of up to seven years in prison.

That driver's horse was considered one of the pre-race favourites - he has been accused by police of not attempting to win.

That driver is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court this afternoon.

He is also charged with possessing the Class B drug MDMA for supply and with supplying Class B drugs (MDMA).

There were 11 horses in the race, part of a two-day Nelson racing carnival in June.

Nelson Racing Club immediate past president John McKenzie said today he was "hugely disappointed" at news of the police charges.

"It holds nothing with the Nelson Harness Racing Club. It's [the accused].

"I'm hugely disappointed about the whole thing. It only takes one rotten egg to ruin it for everybody," said McKenzie, a current club committee member.

"I think it is disgusting if the these charges are proved. It's not a nice look into sport, not a nice look at all."

I see Matt's  drive ( fav ) was very poor indeed but thinking that I rated the winner Storm Prince (Orange) ahead of Matt's drive which paid $3.30 and went great time ; still think outcome would have been same.  J Dunn was another in the race and drove like Matt but was in outsider with no chance really. Think if this race was rigged it was only by Matt. Dexter was second,  trying as usual.

There must be other races that have been fixed for  there to be the others named to be involved. Guess the texts , recordings etc will enlighten us to the actual truth.

Nelson Race 11 on June 8 2018 is the one race that has featured in a lot of Media releases , POSSIBLY head to Head betting involved as MA pulled back at start and then couldn't get near BO's drive who set a fast pace with 56.6 last half.MA horse surged off gate and won second day.

The word is that it is taped phone and text messages which are the key to these charges.

Another race is Manawatu R6 22 May ,where BO had long sustained look behind ,possibly waiting for a Stuart horse to come around for lead .

Of course ,maybe his horse didn't want to lead the race !!!!!!! It was new to stable.

There will be others.......sometimes horses just unlucky e.g. Gran Chico in first start on 17 August....at second start he lead and was very green running off at bends.

IMO for years it has been possibly too easy for drivers to 'have a quiet run ' for whatever reason and if asked explain it away BUT when recordings are made and intentions of DECEPTION in betting takes place things go to a much higher level.

Throw in a 'drug culture' and things look as though they out of control.

Drivers must get asked for information from punters all the time ........for years I have wondered what drivers talk about when 4 or 5 of them travel long distances together in cars to race meetings.

Racing has experienced enigmatic performances ,dodgy happenings ,dodgy people ,alcohol and drug use among participants etc for many years and even though the 'policing' of it as stricter than ever some still stretch the boundaries.

Sadly racing/gambling is becoming more and more despised among the general public and the MEDIA becoming more cynical of it it is now hard to see how it can recover from this .

Potentially this could cripple the Industry further and its hard to believe that so many successful participants could risk both their jobs and the Industry by getting caught up in this......they knew whistle blowers were being canvassed publicly .

And over a year ago it was widely known that investigations were being carried out around our two most successful drivers.....it beggars belief !

4 hours ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

Seriously.?

So your solution is to cripple every good person in the Industry, leave thousands jobless, put a dent in our economy, which it would do! 

Because dozen odd people made some bad life choices (and will face consequences).

Get a life mate!

While I'm ranting can we stop calling them bad apples etc most of them involved, have for the most part done plenty for the Industry.... they have worked hard and not just for there own benefit, like most in the Industry do. They have helped lots of people out , giving jobs,advice and great racing thrills to many. They are people who will give the time of day to anybody and are very pleasant to be around. You can at least show them a tiny bit of respect as human beings at least if nothing else.

Now I'm not defending any actions. They will be held to account and face the consequences for their mistakes.. but seriously a lot of u need to get of your high horse when talking about them.

Never realised that this was for perfect people only.

PS

If everyone that ever did mdma got charged there would be 100,000 cases before the courts every year. Slot with higher profiles than these

#justsaying

Seriously ?????

That heart rendering tear jerker of a testimony should get a couple of month's reduction - but only if you cry very loudly in the witness box 

#justsaying

image.jpg