RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crackthewhip

Police Raids

I understand that Class B drugs are 'prescribed' drugs. Someone will know more than I. Doesn't make 'misuse' any lesser but turns it into a less serious offence. Stables must be full of all sorts of potential hazards with regards to drugs, tonics, vitamins etc if wrongly used. Have known someone with such charges (not a horse person) which were not pursued because the law considered it not worth the trouble of court proceedings.They did pull their horns in though. I think the major part of this is the race-fixing and if the Queen's Proctors have been following it for 18 months they're going to want a result or they will end up looking soft. 

12 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Andrew Little has been frothing at the chance to deport somebody to Australia.

Chevy stop stirring please there is enough heat in the topic without you adding to it cheers...thanks for posting but lets all get the facts first before we start assuming anything...cheers.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I understand that Class B drugs are 'prescribed' drugs. Someone will know more than I. Doesn't make 'misuse' any lesser but turns it into a less serious offence. Stables must be full of all sorts of potential hazards with regards to drugs, tonics, vitamins etc if wrongly used. Have known someone with such charges (not a horse person) which were not pursued because the law considered it not worth the trouble of court proceedings.They did pull their horns in though. I think the major part of this is the race-fixing and if the Queen's Proctors have been following it for 18 months they're going to want a result or they will end up looking soft. 

read somewhere it was MDMA

5 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

With the amount of media coverage this has received, all those charged should have their licences suspended until they are proven not guilty.  HRNZ has the power to do so.  That is the only way that the industry will claw back any form of respect in the eyes of the general public.

My thoughts exactly, the decisions and actions by the  leaders of HRNZ and the RIU  concerning those involved will play a massive part in maintaining some credibility in the sport. They have to show some leadership/guts and plenty of it with respect to those involved. If they need any assistance ,precedents just look at previous Cricket cases

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

As posted previously by Newmarket

Class B (high risk): cannabis oil, hashish, morphine, opium, ecstasy and many amphetamine-type substances

Some drug offences and maximum penalties

In the following list, 'indictment' refers to a conviction dealt with in a Crown Court (with a jury); 'summarily' refers to a conviction in a Magistrates Court.

Possession

• Class A 6 months imprisonment and/or $1,000 fine
  • Class B 3 months imprisonment and/or $500 fine
  • Class C 3 months imprisonment and/or $500 fine 

Supply or manufacture

• Class A Life imprisonment
  • Class B 14 years imprisonment
  • Class C Indictment – 8 years imprisonment. Summarily – 1 year jail and/or $1,000 fine

1 minute ago, Fartoomuch said:

Class B (high risk): cannabis oil, hashish, morphine, opium, ecstasy and many amphetamine-type substances

In the following list, 'indictment' refers to a conviction dealt with in a Crown Court (with a jury); 'summarily' refers to a conviction in a Magistrates Court.

Possession

Supply or manufacture

• Class C Indictment – 8 years imprisonment. Summarily – 1 year jail and/or $1,000 fine

MDMA is Class B

2 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Possession

Supply or manufacture

Geez its serious for her IF proven then....

A mid-winter harness race in Nelson is at the centre of a police inquiry into alleged match-fixing - with allegations at least one of the drivers manipulated the result.

Charges have been laid in relation to Race 11 at Nelson on June 8, which was won by Storm Prince, driven by champion driver Blair Orange.

Another driver in the event has been charged with manipulating the result of the race - and causing losses to the betting public and other race participants.

The charge is laid under the Crimes Act and carries a maximum penalty of up to seven years in prison.

That driver's horse was considered one of the pre-race favourites - he has been accused by police of not attempting to win.

That driver is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court this afternoon.

He is also charged with possessing the Class B drug MDMA for supply and with supplying Class B drugs (MDMA).

There were 11 horses in the race, part of a two-day Nelson racing carnival in June.

Nelson Racing Club immediate past president John McKenzie said today he was "hugely disappointed" at news of the police charges.

"It holds nothing with the Nelson Harness Racing Club. It's [the accused].

"I'm hugely disappointed about the whole thing. It only takes one rotten egg to ruin it for everybody," said McKenzie, a current club committee member.

"I think it is disgusting if the these charges are proved. It's not a nice look into sport, not a nice look at all."

57 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

I hate to say it but this doesnt look good on the industry, Everyone under investigation are at the top.

This is quoted from that stuff article:

"Stuff understands the 26-year-old is Matt Anderson, who is widely regarded as one of harness racing's brightest young prospects.

Four men aged 34, 40, 41 and 44 were due to appear in Christchurch District Court on Tuesday next week on match-fixing charges. Stuff understands the men are Nigel McGrath, John Dunn, Blair Orange and Andrew Stuart.

A 41-year-old woman would appear in court the same day on two counts of supplying Class B drugs. Stuff understands she is champion driver Natalie Rasmussen.

A 47-year-old man, who Stuff understands is Brent Wall, 47, has been charged with deception by match-fixing and is due to appear in Palmerston North District Court, also on Tuesday, police said."

Is that the same Brent Wall who is Group Racing Manager at Race....??

3 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

apparently three more stables, two in North Canterbury and one in West Melton were visited by police this morning.

Also, it appears that last years/last seasons NZ Derby is another race involved in this shambles according to stuff

And in the Derby the first 2 horses were driven by BO and DD.

Further to that story

Trainer and driver Matt Anderson, 26, is in custody pending an appearance in the Christchurch District Court on Wednesday afternoon on match-fixing and drug charges. 

Anderson is widely regarded as one of harness racing's brightest young prospects. He has been charged with possession and supply of MDMA (Ecstasy) and jointly charged with Blair Nathan Orange with manipulating the overall result of race 11 at Nelson Harness Racing Club on June 8 2018 by not attempting to win with Johnny White and allowing Storm Prince to win.

The charge alleges he intended to influence the betting outcome causing loss in excess of $1000 to other persons including other participants in the race and the betting public.

And O, how we laughed and pointed the finger and got on our high horse with all those Queensland harness race fixing arrests , now it's their turn , remember we didn't know all the facts but popo must be right , our cuzzies be looking over the ditch assuming exactly the same thing.

Facts getting darker by the hour...

While I agree , may be hard to prove the difference between race fixing and a shit drive Gran Torino sic (Add), and that's not the only case.

Not enjoying this at all, goes against everything we believe in.

Please don't be another G Small episode going on for years and years...and years