RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Counties Gone

Counties Meeting Abandoned

After a Tuesday morning inspection by RIU, track staff and trainers the Counties meeting for Wednesday 5 September has been abandoned due to the extremely wet and inconsistent nature of the track. NZTR have added a Mdn 2000m to the Waipa programme on Friday 7 September and will look to divide a race if necessary.

What a joke. This track had been shut down to do work on it to sort the racing surface out. It is about time that the person or persons overseeing the remedial work on tracks got up skilled or sacked. They could have transferred it to Avondale as they did say they were going to be more pro active around these weather conditions. Once again the poor owners miss out. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Why then isn't this meeting being transferred to Avondale.

C'mon Avondale put a strong case forward to host the meeting and accentuate your niche in the Industry. 

Don't tell me no-one considered this option, plenty of warning, would have known yesterday meeting was in jeopardy 

I'm sure they probably would have be keen to take the meeting if you'd asked them this time last week, wouldn't blame them a bit if they weren't currently interested.

More of this nonsense to come.

There was a lot of money spent on Counties, new drains, they haven’t worked obviously.

I certainly hope Ellerslie has more success with their drainage project, said to be done along the same lines as Counties.

Still say they should have gone for industry financial assistance and gone for a Strath Ayr, proven surface, the Board seemed to know better, so let’s hope it is a raging success!

25 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

There was a lot of money spent on Counties, new drains, they haven’t worked obviously.

I certainly hope Ellerslie has more success with their drainage project, said to be done along the same lines as Counties.

Still say they should have gone for industry financial assistance and gone for a Strath Ayr, proven surface, the Board seemed to know better, so let’s hope it is a raging success!

Boards are always right Chris, you know that.....;)