RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

dream about Tim

just a break from rreports!!:rcf-injured:!! getting back to more matters of greater concern. The drive on Dream About me Friday Addington r6 by Tim Williams appeared strange given that the mare was now tuned for a winning effort. She sat in the perfect 1/1 on aslow pace which meant a fast last quarter then when all competitors sprinted he lost around 2 lengths before Tim "woke up" and set off to close the gap .the damage had been done and despite being wiling the others could not be caught. poor drive in my book/pocket. nothing said of course.

6 hours ago, john legend said:

just a break from rreports!!:rcf-injured:!! getting back to more matters of greater concern. The drive on Dream About me Friday Addington r6 by Tim Williams appeared strange given that the mare was now tuned for a winning effort. She sat in the perfect 1/1 on aslow pace which meant a fast last quarter then when all competitors sprinted he lost around 2 lengths before Tim "woke up" and set off to close the gap .the damage had been done and despite being wiling the others could not be caught. poor drive in my book/pocket. nothing said of course.

Hi John

If you take a look at the StrideMASTER sectionals it very much explains why the leader and parked horse were impossible to run down.

Captain Dolmio's times for his last 800m/400m/200m splits were - 56.16/25.90/12.66.

Thefixer produced 800m/400m/200m splits of - 55.98/25.69/12.49

Dream About Me - 55.89/25.75/12.57

Alta Orlando - 55.97/25.72/12.70

Forgotten Highway - 55.91/25.67/12.50

Off the front the 2nd to last quarter (800m to 400m) was run in about 30.25 - aka a walk and sprint affair which are always tough to get into - and the mare would have had to have gone about 24.5 home to run them down.

Dream About Me actually ran the fastest last 800m in this race with her 55.89 but thefixer ran his last 800m in 55.98 and he was a spot in front.

If you compare that to the start prior where Dream About Me sat parked - they ran their 2nd to last quarter in around 27.50 and got home in 26-26.34.

Hope that clears it up - I don't personally think it was a bad drive - TIm was just a victim of the speed set in front - if there was pressure down the back and they run a 27.50-28 then he would have had a big chance at getting over top of them - but when the leaders break the 26 mark its basically impossible to run them down.

(I actually backed Dream About Me - but once i saw the 30.25 down the back i knew she couldn't catch the leaders)

Thanks

Andrew

1 hour ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi John

If you take a look at the StrideMASTER sectionals it very much explains why the leader and parked horse were impossible to run down.

Captain Dolmio's times for his last 800m/400m/200m splits were - 56.16/25.90/12.66.

Thefixer produced 800m/400m/200m splits of - 55.98/25.69/12.49

Dream About Me - 55.89/25.75/12.57

Alta Orlando - 55.97/25.72/12.70

Forgotten Highway - 55.91/25.67/12.50

Off the front the 2nd to last quarter (800m to 400m) was run in about 30.25 - aka a walk and sprint affair which are always tough to get into - and the mare would have had to have gone about 24.5 home to run them down.

Dream About Me actually ran the fastest last 800m in this race with her 55.89 but thefixer ran his last 800m in 55.98 and he was a spot in front.

If you compare that to the start prior where Dream About Me sat parked - they ran their 2nd to last quarter in around 27.50 and got home in 26-26.34.

Hope that clears it up - I don't personally think it was a bad drive - TIm was just a victim of the speed set in front - if there was pressure down the back and they run a 27.50-28 then he would have had a big chance at getting over top of them - but when the leaders break the 26 mark its basically impossible to run them down.

(I actually backed Dream About Me - but once i saw the 30.25 down the back i knew she couldn't catch the leaders)

Thanks

Andrew

Good factual summation Andrew. Sectionals don't lie.

Points taken.... 25 quarters at end of a distance race would leave most horses standing !! however,, with agood run in the 1/1 Tim did lose the back of the fixer on the turn before a great finish making up the 2 length gap. Just some facts though to make my case. DAM., has wonover 1 million and 19 races and holds 4 nz records. and has 125 rating

The fixer $100000 and8 wins and no records and a113 rating

capt Dolmio $100000 nd 7 wins no records and a102 rating

I know the times explain WHAT happened but the 100 metre splits would   show Tim Was caught out in the straight  then finished the fastest and would have won if the length lost was eliminated. For The fixer to fight like he did he is a budding champion,absolutely .I just feel the quality of DreamAbout Me  with the benefit of the lead up race and her freakish ability should have been sufficient to win if coming straight off the hat she was stalking. thanks for the discussion  lets not get too hung up on new betting aids as we know the same race run under exact same conditions will produce different results. 

I'm a big Dream About Me fan and my previous posts will show this. I think it's a bit harsh to be critical of Mr Williams' drive however. In the one-one is a good spot usually and often the winning and losing of a race will come down to the run of the race and the times being run off the front.

To suggest team driving is nonsense. And to suggest the stablemate has now qualified for the cup is irrelevant. He would have gained a start even if he didn't win the other night. It's not like the old days when horses had to be open class to go to the big dance. They dam near let any horse start in it these days. Ask Dream About Me about that useless non-open class horse that buggered her chances in the cup last year. 

20 hours ago, john legend said:

THey did get the right horse qualified for the Cup but I am not a team driving conspiratist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or am I ? )

John - Thefixer was always going to qualify for the cup on his previous run. - His ability would have seen him in the top 15 of the qualification list.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, john legend said:

Points taken.... 25 quarters at end of a distance race would leave most horses standing !! however,, with agood run in the 1/1 Tim did lose the back of the fixer on the turn before a great finish making up the 2 length gap. Just some facts though to make my case. DAM., has wonover 1 million and 19 races and holds 4 nz records. and has 125 rating

The fixer $100000 and8 wins and no records and a113 rating

capt Dolmio $100000 nd 7 wins no records and a102 rating

I know the times explain WHAT happened but the 100 metre splits would   show Tim Was caught out in the straight  then finished the fastest and would have won if the length lost was eliminated. For The fixer to fight like he did he is a budding champion,absolutely .I just feel the quality of DreamAbout Me  with the benefit of the lead up race and her freakish ability should have been sufficient to win if coming straight off the hat she was stalking. thanks for the discussion  lets not get too hung up on new betting aids as we know the same race run under exact same conditions will produce different results. 

200m times are provided via StrideMASTER. Take a look below.

The Fixer 1000/800/600/400/200m - 15.27/15.43/14.86/13.20/12.57

Captain Dolmio 1000/800/600/400/200m - 15.50/15.51/14.75/13.24/12.66

Dream About Me 1000/800/600/400/200m - 15.44/15.43/14.71/13.18/12.57

The mare run splits the same or faster then the fixer from the 800m till the 200m and was unable to drag him back.

Thanks 

Andrew

On 9/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, Rusty said:

I'm a big Dream About Me fan and my previous posts will show this. I think it's a bit harsh to be critical of Mr Williams' drive however. In the one-one is a good spot usually and often the winning and losing of a race will come down to the run of the race and the times being run off the front.

To suggest team driving is nonsense. And to suggest the stablemate has now qualified for the cup is irrelevant. He would have gained a start even if he didn't win the other night. It's not like the old days when horses had to be open class to go to the big dance. They dam near let any horse start in it these days. Ask Dream About Me about that useless non-open class horse that buggered her chances in the cup last year. 

1 trainer of police investigation says enquiry will clear him,but other training partner accused of possession of a class B drug.Maybe she forgot that she was supposed to let Tim win this time.Or maybe she thought the $5-60 F/O was juicier in her bag.They both have similar form to these charges.Ban the two for life in NZ.I work hard for my gambling,not to be cheated by others who can't play fairly an win on ones own ability.

What a load of rubbish. What should Tim have done? Pulled out at the 800 to ensure a faster last half and look like a dickhead, or come out before Nats did (as he did the previous week) and got run down again. If there were any suspicions look at the two who were controlling the race and what they are alleged to have in common.

34 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

What a load of rubbish. What should Tim have done? Pulled out at the 800 to ensure a faster last half and look like a dickhead, or come out before Nats did (as he did the previous week) and got run down again. If there were any suspicions look at the two who were controlling the race and what they are alleged to have in common.

Dead bloody right Spike. 

Clearly you can read a race and also driving tactics. 

Other people can't do either and blame drivers when they lose their money cold.

2 hours ago, Nicky47 said:

1 trainer of police investigation says enquiry will clear him,but other training partner accused of possession of a class B drug.Maybe she forgot that she was supposed to let Tim win this time.Or maybe she thought the $5-60 F/O was juicier in her bag.They both have similar form to these charges.Ban the two for life in NZ.I work hard for my gambling,not to be cheated by others who can't play fairly an win on ones own ability.

Stop gambling it's affecting your judgment read the post above yours it might give you a clue why she won dah.

3 hours ago, Nicky47 said:

As MP has not be charged with anything your post makes no sense. He is already in.the clear.