RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
La Zip

Another Issue of integrity!

Jockey Ms Johnson issued with a warning in R1 @ Ruakaka today. The ride from the top of the straight was bordering on dangerous, Ms Johnson showed little concern for her fellow riders and/or the horses. I have no confidence at all in your stewards and as an offshore owner will ensure my horses do not venture north to Dodge City or beyond. The events of this week have bought NZ racing to the attention of an international audience, therefore integrity is paramount.

In the company of several racing people at Sunshine Coast we watched in horror as the race became a dodgem derby in the straight, we were all certain Ms Johnson would receive several weeks to contemplate her actions, and to read the stewards report reminds me of the ineffectual and dysfunctional judiciary you have in NZ. If one of those horses inside of Ms Johnson't mount had of clipped heels, anything may have arisen, if this is condoned, we want no part of it.

The area of integrity is another section that needs total root and branch reform.  I'm sorry JM missed this area as its a major point of contention with all participants.  Sometimes I wonder whose side they're on...because as sure as hell freezes over, I don't have any faith in them.  I'm sure there are many others that feel the same way.  

They're not hard enough on jockeys....they have no consideration for the owner that has to pay regardless of the quality of ride....and in the majority of cases, its not worth the $165 or so...they need to be rubbed out and hit in the pocket...that's one way to lift the quality...I will not put up with it for much longer....

I'm an Australian, been in the industry for 50 years+, I've never seen what go's on in NZ ....here........Danielle at no time stopped riding to straighten her mount......if the Dalghar horse had of been travelling just that little bit better he may well have clipped heels and/or the horse inside him......then, oh then, you would have had a whole different outcome, the stewards are not up to it, and the racing reflects that, more's the pity as the horses are fabulous.

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

Do you struggle reading a race? it laid in under pressure under hard riding. Green first starter.

Zero wrong with it, a be more careful in future was all thats reqd.

I don't read a race I watch them......it was carried out by the chestnut inside of her, she then in return let her horse wander toward the fence taking those inside her with her!......the rules state clearly BarryB you must stop riding and correct....that didn't happen, simple!......so the stewards don't apply their own rules.....it was a dangerous ride, she showed no concern for her fellow jockeys safety.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

Have you not watched Sky Racing before in Aus?.

I will find a dozen or more incidents today far far worse than this ride where nothing will happen. I think you are having a bit of a laugh or you have a vested interest.

My interest is in safety, and you have no respect for jockeys safety.....they and the horse are my priority!!! You keep quoting Australia, my husband was a metropolitan trainer here and I have raced horses for 40 years....I think I know what I am talking about.

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

My interest is in safety, and you have no respect for jockeys safety.....they and the horse are my priority!!! You keep quoting Australia, my husband was a metropolitan trainer here and I have raced horses for 40 years....I think I know what I am talking about.

I have the utmost respect for Jockey safety & horse safety, you are terribly overreacting to something that was very minor. As I said, there is shitloads worse across Aus every single day.'

If that's the worst you saw yesterday then you didn't see many races.

3 hours ago, barryb said:

I have the utmost respect for Jockey safety & horse safety, you are terribly overreacting to something that was very minor. As I said, there is shitloads worse across Aus every single day.'

If that's the worst you saw yesterday then you didn't see many races.

Barry, you and people like you are the very reason NZ is in the state is it......we have sometimes 10 meetings across Oz on any given day, not counting the night meetings, of course there are some shockers, they are punished.....on the other hand a top jockey in NZ does that and it's an ''advice'' to be more vigilant.....please, there is no integrity in NZ.....look at the recent swab debacle.....don't be so narrow-minded and chip shouldered about NZ....without us, 700K +  Kiwi's would have nowhere to call home.....and that's a fact!

9 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Barry, you and people like you are the very reason NZ is in the state is it......we have sometimes 10 meetings across Oz on any given day, not counting the night meetings, of course there are some shockers, they are punished.....on the other hand a top jockey in NZ does that and it's an ''advice'' to be more vigilant.....please, there is no integrity in NZ.....look at the recent swab debacle.....don't be so narrow-minded and chip shouldered about NZ....without us, 700K +  Kiwi's would have nowhere to call home.....and that's a fact!

Is that you Pauline?

7 hours ago, Trump said:

What you all have to understand is that B.B. has this “everything and anything AUSSIE” is bad. He is biased against anything Oz.

Not at all Trumpie, just gets tiring hearing the “it’s always bigger and better in Aus” 

La Zip made a stupid statement (that came from the 1980s) saying we should be thankful that 700k kiwis live Aus otherwise they would have nowhere to call home. It’s her who should be thankful as those.Kiwis are the most employed Nationality in Aus and pay taxes etc to give her the services and infrastructre she enjoys.  Australian govt figures show that Australia’s population is in excess of 25% born elsewhere, with UKand Chinese rounding out the top 2. ,  Your grandkids will inherit a  truely Asian nation in a couple of decades, might be a good time now to educate them on being a minority in a country.

53 minutes ago, barryb said:

Not at all Trumpie, just gets tiring hearing the “it’s always bigger and better in Aus” 

La Zip made a stupid statement (that came from the 1980s) saying we should be thankful that 700k kiwis live Aus otherwise they would have nowhere to call home. It’s her who should be thankful as those.Kiwis are the most employed Nationality in Aus and pay taxes etc to give her the services and infrastructre she enjoys.  Australian govt figures show that Australia’s population is in excess of 25% born elsewhere, with UKand Chinese rounding out the top 2. ,  Your grandkids will inherit a  truely Asian nation in a couple of decades, might be a good time now to educate them on being a minority in a country.

My sons trying to make his way in Brisbane and it’s a real eye opener the way employees are used and abused  their .Treated with contempt and discarded like throw away items at an employers whim.Sounds abit like the way Mr M and his calculated and cold approach to the country clubs in his slash n burn approach here. 

2 hours ago, barryb said:

What? just like Auckland Barry, or have you not been there recently? My heritage is Italian, we here in Oz enjoy the integration of many nationalities, and the country has benefited by migration, Kiwi's are pro-rata the highest inhibitors of our Prisons, but on the other hand grand contributors also......My husband was born in NZ, and is very happy to be one of the 700K that live here, but most of the Kiwi's we know here don't whinge, they know where their bread is buttered. My time in NZ was shaded by various social issues that saddened me.  I couldn't believe the disparity between rich and poor ....and the levels of obesity in my country town were something I had never seen previously, obviously as the cost of fresh food is beyond the pale. And racism - a lovely Maori guy at our track was treated appallingly but that was only the tip, I have never seen racism on a scale that I witnessed in our town, we have it here but nowhere near as blatant and vicious as what I saw......but most of all, it was the lack of accountability....truly breathtaking...in every walk of life, not only racing. I'm not sorry to tell it how it is, because, that's how it is.

2 hours ago, puha said:

My sons trying to make his way in Brisbane and it’s a real eye opener the way employees are used and abused  their .Treated with contempt and discarded like throw away items at an employers whim.Sounds abit like the way Mr M and his calculated and cold approach to the country clubs in his slash n burn approach here. 

Puha, why doesn't your son leave Brizzie and head to Sydney? to Mr Waller, he's on the Coast as well.......most of his staff are Kiwi's...or Indian's on special visas, he pays well above the award, and your son will never lose his accent.

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

Puha, why doesn't your son leave Brizzie and head to Sydney? to Mr Waller, he's on the Coast as well.......most of his staff are Kiwi's...or Indian's on special visas, he pays well above the award, and your son will never lose his accent.

Sorry he’s not into the horses  5’10 just experience with employers in general