RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Bosson Group One Day?

What is going on ?

Group One Day at Hawks Bay  and no declared rides for this amazing rider. .

Owen Patrick Bosson  Rode the  Champion 2 Year old Male  " Sword Of Osman " at Trials and other Te Akau  Group performers recently .

He must have been so over  weight     .... No rides for Te Akau at Hastings tomorrow.

So what is going on ? 

Is Opie   the next Darren Beadman consultant to a major stable ?

No

Beadman has mana and charisma.

2 hours ago, puha said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s finished  riding just a hunch .

I mentioned this earlier in the year when he had overweight problems. I guess the old adage "weight will stop a train" applies to jockeys as well as horses eventually.

11 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

What is going on ?

Really? This post must have been written by someone who has had zero personal contact with Opie. Call me sensitive but I find your uninformed insinuations about him to be a "cheap shot" and rather offensive. Everyone seems to be doing that these days so why not?

Your flippant remark in closing regarding a lack of mana and charisma could not be further from the truth. IMHO Opie should be held in the highest regard by us mere mortals, both as a professional and especially as a special human being. He deserves admiration not only for for his god given talents, but also for his contribution and commitment in a tough industry over many years. What he does next is surely his own business and good luck to him whatever that may be.

He has this contributors total respect ( I consider myself a tough judge)and best wishes for the future anyway. Just saying.

Think i read somewhere that he's not going to rush his return as he wants to get his weight stabilised first.A shame that a guy with his skills does have issues with the weight.I just hope that his health doesn't start to get affected by all the wasting etc.I guess in the meantime Te Akau have an able replacement in Shafiq Rusof who's riding well and produced a couple of peachy rides at Ashburton yesterday.