RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mattski

Messara Racing Review Full Report and 17 Key points

8 hours ago, hedley said:

Well, nearly 150 posts and still no one has commented on the Elephant in the room..that being the City of Suits that have been amassed by NZTR and NZ Racing and the T.A.B.

When will you all learn that these cling-ons are suffocating the industry's coffers.

Clearly, Messara has not had this pointed out to him judging by the 17 point plan divulged last evening.

Just another Mickey Mouse outfit that will result in NZ's racing devolving into Big Business's control..that's Australis not NZ's

Hedley, the costs of operation of the Racing Board have tipped the industry into the position it now finds itself. I believe the Messara Report needs to be implemented in the most part, but there will be flexibility along the way to get the desired outcome.

However, when you hear John Allen stating that a consideration of using an offshore supplier for betting is worthy of consideration (on National radio news at 11am) you have complete confirmation that the Govt employee he was and will always be, has absolutely no idea what he is doing. He wouldn’t be able to empty his boot appropriately at the local recycling centre.

The industry has to adopt change to move forward, the assumptions of the report will be put to the test, as they should, but, and it is a huge but, we have to accept the inevitable, change is required. Clubs need to merge, but the tier system will work, as it does around the world.

Get on with it.

3 minutes ago, Insider said:

The proceeds from those tracks will give sweet fuck all,  if Avondale can’t be sold. 

Rotorua the exception. 

Exactly but it'll make the big boys feel good and they can talk about how stakes are going to double on the back of this.

It amazes me the number of high profile persons who are on board with this, its going to go as good as the last time they had some $ to spend and sent up the top of the chain and ignored the base of the industry.

Listening to some of the fish heads Its seems that many of the problems with NZ Racing have been caused by the small clubs who must sell their assets and gift the proceeds to the industry  as reparation for being leeches on the industry over a long period.

The real truth is that the big clubs such as Trentham who set some sort of record by going bust twice in a few years (as Wellington and then Race) are the real bludgers and reading this morning's Dom Post the CEO of Trentham has the cheek to pontificate about the small Clubs and he is lining up with his hand out for more bludging   

9 minutes ago, bloke said:

Listening to some of the fish heads Its seems that many of the problems with NZ Racing have been caused by the small clubs who must sell their assets and gift the proceeds to the industry  as reparation for being leeches on the industry over a long period.

The real truth is that the big clubs such as Trentham who set some sort of record by going bust twice in a few years (as Wellington and then Race) are the real bludgers and reading this morning's Dom Post the CEO of Trentham has the cheek to pontificate about the small Clubs and he is lining up with his hand out for more bludging   

Yep they are all lining up for a bit of the pie, the same guys that have put this industry in the state it is today, now they'll get another with someone else money.

If this proceeds you've got to wonder whose advising Peters on what amounts to daylight robbery.

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

The problem is John that nowhere in the Messarra report does it have a plan to increase gambling sales / revenue......so how can the model work....it’s just more if the same tired shite from the old pale male set who’ve put us in the predicament we’re in.

The only two salient points I resonate with in that entire report are the abolition of independent directors on the NZRB, they’ve made that entity constipated and dysfunctional, and secondly, if they outsource the Trackside media we might get a better / slicker class of editorial and infotainment show and entertainment package.

That's exactly what all the suckers have gripped on to , double the stakes that all they want to hear double the stakes, put it in a nice little table in the report and its going to happen , how who knows not to mention how is it sustainable in the long term.

12 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Gore not playing the game .

A couple of years ago a committeeman from another club told me this would happen to their asset  if their club was ever forced to sell .

"If we can't race here, we'll disband, sell our assets and give the money to the Gore community," Gore Racing Club president Justine Abernethy said.

gore original constitution stated land and assets have to be returned to local council but messara report sez new laws to enable to legal confiscation of clubs will be passed in parliament

Reading some of the stuff online, when looking at outsourcing of gambling to an overseas operator, consideration needs to be given to the perceptions this will feed to the public about punting. The general public might see it as a sell out of sovereignty and look at gambling less favourably.

I dont understand IF Avondale cant be sold off as it is a greenbelt why not sell Ellerslie AND Counties and make Avondale a state of the art facility, Auckland has the population if its done well to support a state of the art venue. Avondale everyone agrees is the best surface in the region why not work with what you can not with pie in the sky numbers that cant be achieved and will only lead to more tears later.JMO

37 minutes ago, gazza123 said:

gore original constitution stated land and assets have to be returned to local council but messara report sez new laws to enable to legal confiscation of clubs will be passed in parliament

I doubt they can rewrite the Act in any way that overrides the provisions of any other Act, notably the Inc. Societies and Charitable Trusts Acts in the case of most racing clubs. I think they could however refuse to grant registration or dates to clubs if they don't agree to race at another course.

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Because all the content in this report is derived from blokes in suits with NO idea about horses, horse welfare, track surfaces or track safety.

As I said earlier this entire report is sourced from tired old fat stale males with little or no idea about the “actual Racing”.

It’s like the synthetic tracks component.....who bets on synthetic tracks ?....I’ve seen no evidence they’re an attractive betting proposition....on the other hand Strathayr seems immensely popular globally and very reliable.

We have the resources to build six Strathayr tracks nationwide, but no, these retards think they can sub in some shite dirt based option that’ll generate no revenue ( granted it’ll mean less cancellations ) and take us nowhere in terms of industry progress.

I doubt anyone has had that conversation with Peters Leo...to explain the differences and advantages. Someone needs to.

15 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

there is no mention in the report about what sort of synthetic track they are proposing so once again P4P jumps the gun

Stop stirring there is synthetic has been mentioned many times not strathayr as most would like..Reefton is a good spot for you i would suggest...and I think you know what I mean.cheers. Its a good thread dont come here to try and ruin it just because you have nobody to talk to.:rcf-shocked-3:

Just now, drewandjo said:

not stirring at all......but there is nothing that says strathayr won't be considered as an option........

No but they have mentioned other types of tracks all synthetic, no mention of Strathayr,so he is correct...with what he has said to date.

33 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

not stirring at all......but there is nothing that says strathayr won't be considered as an option........what did I say that was "trying to ruin" the thread....I thought this place was about balanced debate

Strathayr is a turf track, not a synthetic and the report refers to synthetics in all cases giving examples that are synthetic, not Strathayr. Read it again.

As to the number of race meetings that could be held on these synthetic
tracks, it is reasonable to assume that anywhere between 20 and 40 meetings
is realistic. On the now 3 years’ old Pakenham Polytrack track at Tynong in
Victoria they race up to about 30 times per year, with 20 scheduled synthetic
track meetings plus transferred meetings. At the one synthetic track in Ireland
(Dundalk) they race almost 40 times per year, and at one of the 6 synthetic
tracks in Britain (Wolverhampton) they race almost 100 times per year.

39 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Strathayr is a turf track, not a synthetic and the report refers to synthetics in all cases giving examples that are synthetic, not Strathayr. Read it again.

As to the number of race meetings that could be held on these synthetic
tracks, it is reasonable to assume that anywhere between 20 and 40 meetings
is realistic. On the now 3 years’ old Pakenham Polytrack track at Tynong in
Victoria they race up to about 30 times per year, with 20 scheduled synthetic
track meetings plus transferred meetings. At the one synthetic track in Ireland
(Dundalk) they race almost 40 times per year, and at one of the 6 synthetic
tracks in Britain (Wolverhampton) they race almost 100 times per year.

Thanks Leggy you better tell poor consumed Hesi nobody is doing anything here to stop anyone posting is full of it...... we are flying and we are the site having the great debate on this issue... so Hesi please keep coming to visit you may learn something as i am sure you are very curious too...:rcf-tongue-2:

Yes they never once mentioned Strathayr at all, cant understand why, its a great surface.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Weigh In Sunday 10am. Peters, Saundry, Allen all being interviewed. Should be interesting.

Oh, God, what will we learn from that discourse, self interest spring to mind? Peters has been seen to be active, that's a start, the other two, what on earth can they bring to the table, if it's to be believed there will be a clean out, so why have Allen and Saundry on?.....surely they are now irrelevant......

Just now, La Zip said:

Oh, God, what will we learn from that discourse, self interest spring to mind? Peters has been seen to be active, that's a start, the other two, what on earth can they bring to the table, if it's to be believed there will be a clean out, so why have Allen and Saundry on?.....surely they are now irrelevant......

Allen is useless from whats been seen to date, as he has been in other roles too, Saundry was very well regarded in Victoria from a good friend of mine. But it is not heading in the right direction, they need a few town halls or something with real stakeholders there, and a board appointed to listen and have the power to make the agreed changes after this.

8 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Pleading their cases no doubt.....:rolleyes:

The subtle Report indications about qualifications and "appointing members" come into focus.