RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ridiculous

Messara report

10 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Ill have to check my facts and get back to you on this one, but I am under the impression that the land has been identified as future residential or something along those lines. 

But in saying that I think for the future of greyhound racing auckland and waikato should combine into one club....resite at suitable site and have a 2 turn track and 1 turn track like Melbourne.....build there own sports bar grandstand  like cambridge and run it with pokies and have it open 7 days...also provide a straight track for training and breaking in purposes .

On 8/31/2018 at 8:52 PM, Hound Fan said:

Have to ask...you might of thought it was ridiculous....but you were there ..so what did you ask?

Not really sure how it’s relevant wether someone was there or not? Or wether they asked anything or not?

There could be a myriad of reasons as to why one wasn’t there or didn’t ask a question, I thought it was a very strange question to ask in relation to the report but each to there own.

Whoever it was seemed to just rile Winston up. It was like he was being challenged. FIrst an awkward moment of silence and then he responded saying he established GAP which leans towards pets. That will be what he takes away from his announcement, a representative of the greyhound code got under his skin and asked a ridiculous question when the industry is at a significant crossroads.

I wasn't there but I would have asked about whether or not we can have one turn tracks at each new venue. The timing is good.

Pet or working dog question.

While some will be questioning asking this question due to lack of qualification, it is relevant on more than one level.

1. Council dog registrations fees: These vary across the country and need to be standardised. Some councils charge per dog, others a flat kennel fee. The charges for any registered grey older than 3 months should be the same, raced, unraced, or retired. Example, dogs awaiting adoption after being deregistered are being charged higher fees by some councils. Dogs never named also incurring higher fees. Greyhounds do not cause issues for councils and that should be reflected in any fees charged.

2. When dogs, in general, were reclassified as sentient beings, we drew a raft of criticism from our detractors. The public with no knowledge of the sport jumped on the "all dogs" should be pets bandwagon. While greys can be pet capable and rehomed, they are for the first part of their lives working dogs. Some continue to work after race retirement. They need to be classified correctly and promoted as such.

3. There needs to be more public education around the life of a working grey. A grey doesn't care whether it sleeps in a warm dry kennel or on a couch. It just wants to sleep in a safe environment. The idea that a kennel environment is somehow detrimental is a fallacy and should be challenged at every opportunity. Our detractors will say that greys make fabulous pets, and they can, but the part we play in creating these wonderful pets is never promoted by our sport. That needs to change.

4. MPI animal welfare legislation. While we needed to overhaul our own rules and regulations, and have done so, some will argue that the new MPI regulations have not taken our specific needs into account. I'm not going to go further into this subject.

On 9/1/2018 at 4:45 PM, Hound Fan said:

Were did you hear that....the club still has years left on there lease and it is zoned recreational..so will never be housing..

I heard last week that the current lease has , I think 4 years to run, and that the site is indeed earmarked for high density housing.

Even if it is currently zoned recreational,  do you really think that would be hard to overturn?

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

I heard last week that the current lease has , I think 4 years to run, and that the site is indeed earmarked for high density housing.

Even if it is currently zoned recreational,  do you really think that would be hard to overturn?

The current lease has a right off renewal for a further 10yrs....that would need to be bought out....and unless it was big money why would you do it....also to change zoning is a major not just the strike of a pen...resorce management comes into play as does public opinion.....greyhounds are safe there for at least 15 years unless as I say are bought out which in a meeting with council last year was not a option......more a dream from our president and his followers..

DC9 - now there's a name from the past lol - that is exactly what's happening at Pukekohe harness training complex.    Goff  - perhaps it even started by his sucsexer - changed the zoning there too.       And I hazard a guess it wont be too long before the ATC puts their land on the market.      Most of the trainers adjacent that own their own dirt have sold out and re-leased it back for periods of up to 10 years I think.    And the ATC will make a poultice I imagine when they sell up after paying Franklin a pittance for the land.

Mauro is going to Wanganui tonight at 6pm. He will be telling us about how it will work for the Greyhounds.

He will be telling us how they are going to put more money in, for the OZ dogs coming over for our big races, like the NZ cup , $120k , silver collar $100k.

Bev

12 minutes ago, POPA GAS said:

Mauro is going to Wanganui tonight at 6pm. He will be telling us about how it will work for the Greyhounds.

He will be telling us how they are going to put more money in, for the OZ dogs coming over for our big races, like the NZ cup , $120k , silver collar $100k.

Bev

Hi Bev what do you think he would say if , someone asked him to stop all imports from coming into race ? And only allow ones coming into have a litter ? I don’t have facts or figures but I’d say most if not all would be on the gap list after they finish racing ? To me if they are not there then more race for Nz dogs , also what are your thoughts on this question. Thanks 

2 hours ago, POPA GAS said:

Greg said yesterday that 1/2 the dogs coming in from OZ have a ticket. So how about the one with 1st ticket pays $1k , 2nd ticket $2k. and we do not take 3rd,one. As he said we have to send them to GAP, this is our problem not the OZs. 

Can anyone explain why there are only 17 dogs on the gap list in the CD?