RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Hastings Track.

Currently Dead 4  at 8.46am this morning according to NZRacing website.

Monday and Tuesday were cracker days but forecast is for rain on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but at least Fine on Saturday..

Currently overcast in Hastings (looking out toward Hastings from Havelock North) but I'll provide updates on what's happening with the weather if/when it hits.

Had rain/showers on and off from around 3pm till 6pm. And according to my hi-tech rain gauge ($39 off Trade Me!!!) we had 1.8mm of rain.

(bear in mind this was in Havelock North and I'm approx. 6km's driving distance to the Hastings course).

Now Dead 5 according to NZR website.

It also said 2mm of rain in last 24 hours... so I'm pretty happy with my rain gauge purchase off Trade Me for $39 which gave a reading of 1.8mm:rcfe-happy-2:... think NZR need to update their website so they can show tenths of mm's instead of rounding up.. ha ha...

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

This is better info than we would get from the club... very honest...cheers.:rcf-happy-7:

Bit harsh there Scooby Hastings would have to be one of the most informative clubs when giving out track readings and weather reports . Butch was on the radio last week and Monday giving updates and track readings have been available from at least Monday .

26 minutes ago, puha said:

Bit harsh there Scooby Hastings would have to be one of the most informative clubs when giving out track readings and weather reports . Butch was on the radio last week and Monday giving updates and track readings have been available from at least Monday .

I was meaning that since John McGifford left it has not been as good...but take your point...cheers.It was said a bit in jest too...:rcf-embarrassed-3:

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I was meaning that since John McGifford left it has not been as good...but take your point...cheers.It was said a bit in jest too...:rcf-embarrassed-3:

Thought it was . Will be interesting to see if any rain overnight .

24 minutes ago, Grego said:

Jason Fleming was outstanding with giving updates on weather when he was in charge. Big loss losing him. 

He was the man at weather updates but overall Butch is better not afraid to make descions and get on with it.

If the track starts out on Saturday morning a Dead 4/5 and also likely to improve throughout the day if the sunny forecast comes to fruition, I couldn't see New York Minute finishing in the top half of the field, whereas Francaletta with her good draw would probably be thereabouts. And because she's still first ballot, if there's not other "outside" scratchings I wonder what the chances would be of Baker/Forsman scratching New York Minute to get Francaletta.?

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

If the track starts out on Saturday morning a Dead 4/5 and also likely to improve throughout the day if the sunny forecast comes to fruition, I couldn't see New York Minute finishing in the top half of the field, whereas Francaletta with her good draw would probably be thereabouts. And because she's still first ballot, if there's not other "outside" scratchings I wonder what the chances would be of Baker/Forsman scratching New York Minute to get Francaletta.?

Extremely high I would have thought. :)

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Not so bright now...  not sure what its going to do as looking further afield its pretty similar.

20180831_133620.jpg

Little Joe, my brother in Hastings tells me there was thunder/lightning 30 mins ago--any precipitation??