RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Bounding's half brother

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Affirmed had Alydar

Black Caviar had Hay List 

Frankel had Excelebration 

Winx had  Hartnell. 

Take all those champions away how good would the other four horses records look. 

Hit nail on head there about accelerator jammed on , was going quicker than the  fighter jets at the bases nearby .

and Secretariat had Sham

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

eating humble pie today Berri? LOL

No not really. The form assessment in the Derby Trial was what it was. You can only assess everything that's presented and the rating of 120 for a Derby winner is as I thought. Something's got to win the Derby and it was his turn. His form was exposed and he's been rated equivalent to a Happy Clapper. The purist in me likes to see a Derby winner at 125 or greater. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he hits the older horses.

12 hours ago, Berri said:

No not really. The form assessment in the Derby Trial was what it was. You can only assess everything that's presented and the rating of 120 for a Derby winner is as I thought. Something's got to win the Derby and it was his turn. His form was exposed and he's been rated equivalent to a Happy Clapper. The purist in me likes to see a Derby winner at 125 or greater. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he hits the older horses.

I've had a look at the Oaks on youtube ...seems the winner simply had the most economical trip and best ride but isnt the best horse in the race? Ryan Moore copping some flak for going too soon...

3 hours ago, weasel57 said:

I've had a look at the Oaks on youtube ...seems the winner simply had the most economical trip and best ride but isnt the best horse in the race? Ryan Moore copping some flak for going too soon...

Like Cross Counter she  kicked off career on sand in back end December maiden at Wolverhampton. Finished well back but no problems since then.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:46 AM, weasel57 said:

eating humble pie today Berri? LOL

The seriously good horse is Sottsass, the winner of the French Derby. I know how good Persian King is (didn't quite get the trip) but this horse made him look pedestrian. Siyouni....what a good sire.

Was impressive Berri!Also his win on soft ground before  hand and winning the Derby on unusually quick  ground for the  French ,was a great effort.I wouldn't give up on P K (a gutsy run)as I thought  the ride was pretty average being posted 3 and 4 wide for most of the race and then ask to go and win it!

7 hours ago, weasel57 said:

The pedigree of Sottsass below ...French Derby but still all that Galileo and Sadler's Wells blood in there. Impressive.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/sottsass

Winning Ways Queensland Oaks  winner  Saturday ,  bred as AVD was by Orpendale which I understand is a Coolmore offshoot . Out of Skip Along trained to win 12 furlong maiden at Newmarket by John Gosden for Coolmore out of two starts . Skip Along you've guessed it by Galileo .