RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Bounding's half brother

Bounding' s half brother by Galileo now favorite for Guineas and Epsom  Derby after winning Futurity at The Curragh overnight. Called Anthony Van Dyck he is by Galileo. Coolmore mixing that Galileo blood with Aussie blood again like Highland Reel and Idaho.

Anthony Van Dyck was according to Wiki a Flemish Baroque Artist, bit over my head all that but do like those names for racehorses as I learn a bit from it.

42 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Not a bad win overnight RR?! 

Well spotted. 

They latched  onto that one early Rusty .  Most of those Irish pattern races filled by Coolmore as more horses to run  than pattern races to run in.

Now to double down on the Galileo,  Australian mare connection Cape of Good Hope brother to Idaho and Highland Reel worth a coin ew in French Derby tonight though fav looks a real good one .

Norway ran  a good trial for the Herbert Power in Derby I reckon.

Oaks and Derby winner both won the Lingfield trials , horses for courses punters would have cleaned up.

That win has a lot of people scratching their heads. Be interesting to see how they rate the race because he's no world beater. Wouldn't be surprised to see it rated as one of the lowest in years. On form I thought he was exposed. Let's see how this generation match up with the older boys later on.

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Question...Is the rider of Frankel still riding.

I recall he spent 2/3 months with Rogerson before he hit the big time but he seems to have disappeared.

Saw a bit on Tom Queally a little while back on what he's up to now  , I don't think he's riding anymore . Trying to recall what channel I saw it on might be Racing TV . 

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Question...Is the rider of Frankel still riding.

I recall he spent 2/3 months with Rogerson before he hit the big time but he seems to have disappeared.

Googled it ,it  was a bit about him going stateside based out Golden Gate but that was 18 months back. Haven't seen his name pop up for a while .

A very average jockey that looks like a dog trying to screw a gumboot when he rides out a finish. Many were in awe of Henry having him on the best horse in the game. Can't fault that call but once that great horse was gone, things have got tough.

image.png.f91fc3b0a4cf5ca8b6566ba4fa0000e0.png

3 minutes ago, Berri said:

A very average jockey that looks like a dog trying to screw a gumboot when he rides out a finish. Many were in awe of Henry having him on the best horse in the game. Can't fault that call but once that great horse was gone, things have got tough.

image.png.f91fc3b0a4cf5ca8b6566ba4fa0000e0.png

Brilliant first line. 

He nearly murdered Frankel in the St James Zoffany almost done him , by reports Sir Henry weren't best pleased . But he showed loyalty sticking by jockey .Mind you he stuck by Lester Piggott when Wildenstein spat the dummy over a ride and removed his horses from yard .

21 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

I see he rode a winner at Brighton on 21/5/19.

Looks like he's trucking round the gaffs now then. He fitted in when Sir Henry came out of doldrums  and battled back . Warren Place was close to done at one point and days of top stable jocks gone . He even ran a few in sellers during lean years which was unheard of previously  .Moore was at Stoutes , Dettori still at Godolphin so they were using various jocks . To be fair to Queally he rode Midday , Twice Over , Noble Mission and a few others to decent wins .

In 100 years they will still be talking about Henry Cecil, Frankel and Tom Queally. 

Until the day I die, there will never be a better spectacle than I witnessed in the early hours of a Sunday morning (in my lounge alone) when Frankel took off in front, in the 2000 Guineas and just went further and further ahead. 

In a life time of watching races around the world I had never seen anything like it, and never will again  

Oh, and Sir Henry Cecil, what a reward at the end of a magnificent career as a trainer with wonderful highs and then a low, as low as one of his ability could go, and then come back and handle Frankel the way he did. 

Good on Tom Queally for playing his part in the story that will out-live all of us, by generations. 

3 minutes ago, Insider said:

In 100 years they will still be talking about Henry Cecil, Frankel and Tom Queally. 

Until the day I die, there will never be a better spectacle than I witnessed in the early hours of a Sunday morning (in my lounge alone) when Frankel took off in front, in the 2000 Guineas and just went further and further ahead. 

In a life time of watching races around the world I had never seen anything like it, and never will again  

Oh, and Sir Henry Cecil, what a reward at the end of a magnificent career as a trainer with wonderful highs and then a low, as low as one of his ability could go, and then come back and handle Frankel the way he did. 

Good on Tom Queally for playing his part in the story that will out-live all of us, by generations. 

Henry Cecil     Trainer Of Genius

Is an interesting  read Insider!

16 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Henry Cecil     Trainer Of Genius

Is an interesting  read Insider!

He fell out with Brough Scott over that book. I will have to have a read of it because Brough Scott is brilliant imho and bleeds racing .

I was very lucky to have Robert Eddery try to squeeze some money out of me for a bit of a horse many years ago so got to have a gas with him . He said Sir Henry was gutted when a horse called Kneller died , he was a champion in waiting by all accounts . 

Killer Instinct  sent him nuts , fastest horse ever up the limekilns , lucky to win a maiden.

Do you know much about Richard Spencer , he's bit new on block but seems to have some money behind him, client of his  splashed  out a bit on Outlander to have a GN runner  , be doubtful get quarter that back .

11 hours ago, Insider said:

What about Winx’s 4th Cox Plate? 

On 8/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, Berri said:

Just a win which is as a bit of a joke as 4 of the 6 in the race were trained byO’Brien . Track was off and the win was laboured for a Derby winner 

eating humble pie today Berri? LOL

14 hours ago, Insider said:

beautifully said, Insider...did you not see Secretariat's Belmont Stakes??? I watch it at least once a year on youtube!

Thank you Weasel for your kind comments. 

I was talking about watching something unfold live, right before my eyes. 

Having said that Secretariat was just as spectacular in that Belmont. 

18 minutes ago, Insider said:

Thank you Weasel for your kind comments. 

I was talking about watching something unfold live, right before my eyes. 

Having said that Secretariat was just as spectacular in that Belmont. 

I watch that Frankel race from time to time , I was watching it in disbelief too . Down that dip I thought he won't make it home , amazing horse for and for me poetry in motion  , never get bored watching his re runs .

21 hours ago, Insider said:

Have to agree. It was like the accelerator had got stuck and he just kept going faster and faster. Things you live for in racing. Imagine riding it . 

19 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Have to agree. It was like the accelerator had got stuck and he just kept going faster and faster. Things you live for in racing. Imagine riding it . 

Affirmed had Alydar

Black Caviar had Hay List 

Frankel had Excelebration 

Winx had  Hartnell. 

Take all those champions away how good would the other four horses records look. 

Hit nail on head there about accelerator jammed on , was going quicker than the  fighter jets at the bases nearby .