RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jackman

Sky TV Losses

I see Sky TV annouces the loss of another 57000 customers this past 12 months, so this  will no doubt be another big chunk  of viewers not viewing trackside. Maybe it is tme the racing board/Tab took it back over again and while doing so go back to the  old format or at least have one channel soley for NZ races. I certainly dont watch it as much as I used to as I am not particularly interested in aussie racing and cannot abide the cutting short of NZ coverage to watch some obscure race in the back blocks of never never land.

Totally agree Jackman and I think that not too many people that have a slight interest in the racing game would disagree with you.

Of course the actual decision maker(s) disagrees, but they are that far removed from reality they wouldn't know what day it is.

I'm bloody hoping that whoever made this ludicrous decision has now left the organisation and someone else can reverse one of the most stupid decisions ever made in the racing industry. 

The 5 year deal with Sky TV is up next April (no not April the 1st) and word is its back to Free To Air. It should have always been Free To Air but no doubt some bean counter knew more than what their customers really wanted.  Now try and get back the lost customers that the change resulted in. 

TAB executive general manager Glenn Patrick said the organisation planned to revamp its coverage so it could show about 5000 more races, as well as magazine-style features."At the end of the day, this is not a money grab by the TAB," he said. "It's about giving customers what they want". At least this guy is since well gone as he obviously had no idea.