RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Passing of Monty Baker

wSorry to see passing of Monty Baker. A real good guy of harness racing.. been a family friend since roskill south days. He did tell my Dad when I got a share in my first horse in 1968 that it was a bad move as I will be broke owning trotters.  Well 50 years later he had some real good ones and I have not yet raced a champion and not quite broke but with memories of absolute solid gold... 

11 hours ago, john legend said:

wSorry to see passing of Monty Baker. A real good guy of harness racing.. been a family friend since roskill south days. He did tell my Dad when I got a share in my first horse in 1968 that it was a bad move as I will be broke owning trotters.  Well 50 years later he had some real good ones and I have not yet raced a champion and not quite broke but with memories of absolute solid gold... 

Those memories, are gold, no one can  take them away, and you will take them to the grave, memories and moments that money  can't  buy. 

Sad news to hear of Monty's passing. A real gentleman. Met him at many of the ATC and Caduceus Club functions.

Monty started the Manukau Trotting Club way back and was a Life Member at Auckland.

He did indeed have some very good horses including Directorship, Jacks Legend, Sogo, Insucha, Kliklite and Maheer Lord.

RIP Monty.