RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

National Handicap

I'm reslly looking forward to seeing Dream About Me stepping back out on the track, but really it is nothing more than a glorified trial at the end of winter.

Handicap races (are we still allowed to call them handicapped?) with one starter off the front are hardly handicaps I reckon. But anyway, good to see a few genuine open class horses dust a few cobwebs off this week.

15 hours ago, Rusty said:

I'm reslly looking forward to seeing Dream About Me stepping back out on the track, but really it is nothing more than a glorified trial at the end of winter.

Handicap races (are we still allowed to call them handicapped?) with one starter off the front are hardly handicaps I reckon. But anyway, good to see a few genuine open class horses dust a few cobwebs off this week.

You can call them whatever you like Rusty. I'm thinking the RIU boys might like to pay attention to see who is  fair dinkum as it's likely only a trial for some..However the punter needs protecting. 

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Eg. "Off the scene since (enter number of months here), and fitness told over the final furlong". 

The punter would be better off sitting back and observing on Thursday night. 

Exactly. I'm thinking no one will be done with excessive use of the persuader from this race. 

Speaking of which good to see RIU  enforcing the whip rules at Kurow last Sunday. No use having rules unless you enforce them.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:22 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Run this Thursday at Met. Small but not unexpected field of tighter graded pacers.

For most the beginning of their NZ Cup campaigns but what a poor stake in comparison to maidens on the night.

I'm on AS pair with Dream about Me on top

It's good to see Captain Dolmio back racing. I don't think he is a NZ Cup winner but should still be competitive in open ranks. 

15 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

It's good to see Captain Dolmio back racing. I don't think he is a NZ Cup winner but should still be competitive in open ranks. 

FYG he is fixed odds fav with Ozzie bookies at 2.25. The fixer next at 2.75 and then Dream about me drifting to 6.10.

I've taken The Fixer odds with Nat on board 

Race pretty much run good pace the last mile. Half in 54 was satisfactory and the AS team went very well. The winner having it's first start in 9 months

Not sure about  the 4th horse. Thought it wa entitled to run 3rd with.the run it had but maybe 1 short

Maurice Holmes Vase this week over 2600 with basically the same field as National. Only difference is they are running for twice the stake. Tactics to play a big part of the contest with Dunn's having accepted with 3 and Purdon 2. Not being critical here but would be nice to see J Dunn show some patience for a change. Seems determined to find the front at all costs with a lot of his drives. Not sure its the best option with The Captain

Dolmio pasta sauce is overrated for mine. Will definitely need a lot of luck and the blue army to be unlucky for him to win, or go close this week. 

Same quinella as last week I'm tipping, maybe DAM ahead of The Fixer this time round. Those two are lengths better than the rest in this line up. 

9 hours ago, Rusty said:

Dolmio pasta sauce is overrated for mine. Will definitely need a lot of luck and the blue army to be unlucky for him to win, or go close this week. 

Same quinella as last week I'm tipping, maybe DAM ahead of The Fixer this time round. Those two are lengths better than the rest in this line up. 

Im thinking the same outcome as well with probably the draws dictating who finishes where. I would drive Dolmio with a bit more patience before condemning him

Agree Fartoomuch re: Classie Brigade. 

Unfortunately unless there are more than 3 genuine, battle hardened, grand circuit, open class horses in a race they will only ever be glorified trials. Even the trackside presenter used the term "glorified trial" last night, like I called a similar race 2 weeks ago. Bit of shame really, but still always good to see the good horses put in an appearance. 

I underestimated Thefixer. He looks to be a serious horse going places. Despite it only being a glorified trial!

43 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Unfortunately unless there are more than 3 genuine, battle hardened, grand circuit, open class horses in a race they will only ever be glorified trials. Even the trackside presenter used the term "glorified trial" last night, like I called a similar race 2 weeks ago. Bit of shame really, but still always good to see the good horses put in an appearance. 

I underestimated Thefixer. He looks to be a serious horse going places. Despite it only being a glorified trial!

Obviously something not quite right with the horse and someone suggested trainer may well be suggesting to owners about selling it offshore.There seems to be Fartoomuch of that going on only to see horse improve under another trainers guidance. Bit of a Legend and Tiger Tara being obvious recent examples. What does that tell you????????

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

A non event of a race last night. 3.18. Classy Brigade another rank failure

Disappointing horse, but not unusual for the McGrath stable. He is a very good trainer of younger stock gets them going early but few of his horses seem able to take the next step up to the big time. 

51 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Yes, The Fixer impressive did it easy last night, jogged it and was not extended. 

4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Obviously something not quite right with the horse and someone suggested trainer may well be suggesting to owners about selling it offshore.There seems to be Fartoomuch of that going on only to see horse improve under another trainers guidance. Bit of a Legend and Tiger Tara being obvious recent examples. What does that tell you????????

Well it tells me the horses are better suited to racing in those countries.  More opportunities to race against horses of similar ability and they both seem to enjoy shorter distance racing.

Bit of a legend & TT were both trained by excellent horsemen in NZ. 

17 hours ago, lamour said:

Well it tells me the horses are better suited to racing in those countries.  More opportunities to race against horses of similar ability and they both seem to enjoy shorter distance racing.

Bit of a legend & TT were both trained by excellent horsemen in NZ. 

Is that the trainers version of " its met its mark" and i can get you owners this less my 10%

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Is that the trainers version of " its met its mark" and i can get you owners this less my 10%

It’s the common sense approach. No point racing here if you are always up against two or three horses that will always beat you.  In Aussie there are so many more opportunities with group one races regularly in 4 different states so a lot easier to place a horse. 

The path to NZ Cup continues for some  this weekend  with Hannon Memorial.

Very solid field of 11 lining up and looks to be the best field in ages IMHO

Race 8 [3:47pm] AIRPARK CANTERBURY HANNON MEMORIAL PACE (STAND) (Gr3)  $30,000, FFA, 2600m    Racebook    Gear    Front Line Limit   Bet now
  Race History  
For all pacers.
Book Form Age Sex     Name   Rating Draw Hdcp Driver Trainer  
1 7X4477 6 g     Don Domingo   R88 1 Front Stephen McNally K M Barron  
2 621516 6 g     Go Davey   R72 2 Front Samantha Ottley D A Taylor  
3 146118 5 g     Billy Badger   R101 3 Front Gavin Smith R J Dunn  
4 1333X2 5 g     A G's White Socks   R103 4 Front Ricky May G P & Mrs N M Hope  
5 2P4X23 6 m     Dream About Me   R125 5 Front Tim Williams M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen  
6 681112 6 g     Zadaka   R88 6 Front   R J Dunn  
7 6655X9 8 h     Locharburn   R102 7 Front Matthew Williamson K K Chapman  
8 32X325 7 g     Captain Dolmio   R102 8 Front   R J Dunn  
9 4X1681 6 g     Letspendanitetogetha   R99 9 Front Jim Curtin R J Dunn  
10 692X16 6 m     Queen Bee Bardon   R75 U1 Front Craig Thornley B A Waldron  
11 121X46 7 g     Alta Orlando   R116 U2 Front Ross Houghton R J Dunn  

Notifiable Gear Changes:    No Gear Changes

On 8/28/2018 at 3:23 PM, Newmarket said:

Maurice Holmes Vase this week over 2600 with basically the same field as National. Only difference is they are running for twice the stake. Tactics to play a big part of the contest with Dunn's having accepted with 3 and Purdon 2. Not being critical here but would be nice to see J Dunn show some patience for a change. Seems determined to find the front at all costs with a lot of his drives. Not sure its the best option with The Captain

Captain went way better on Sunday when driven more patiently. Hope they stick with same  driver and tactics from here on in

10 minutes ago, Amati Nidol said:

Great to see Nathan in charge of Captain Dolmio. Has had a win on him, and their best result is a 2nd in the Easter Cup behind Heaven Rocks.
Paced a touch rough at times, so still some improvement in Captain Dolmio.

Showed a lot more patience than J Dunn which is what Newmarket was alluding to in an earlier post.

Good to see you supporting your region with that post