RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Frankel, Canterbury today

A really interesting 3 runner maiden kicks off Canterbury today. Two beautifully bred runners Inc Miss Fabulous  ( Frankel Samantha Miss) and Ranier (Lohnro Kanzan) . Outsider of 3 a Waller runner on debut. Veranillo returns in the last race. 

I like Darabad at Sandown today  for bit of each way interest though. Seems big odds in that field with nice 3 kg claim, and way he runs he makes own luck.Just a throw at the stumps really.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Don't go spending that quinella all at once RR.....:001-embarrassed-4:

Haha OM Cost neutral, just watched that one had  no money on , I normally follow outsider of three rule. Winner will be worth a tidy sum. Not best bred Frankel though , Aga Khans got a 3 year old filly by Frankel out of Zarkava , finished 3rd in group three at Deauville Sunday.

Talking Aga Khan , Darabad ex Aga Khan owned  gave me a good run for my money at big odds. Boxed on OK,  there's a big divi in that horse at some point if I  don't go broke first. It's never gonna be boxed in with 200 to go.

59 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Haha OM Cost neutral, just watched that one had  no money on , I normally follow outsider of three rule. Winner will be worth a tidy sum. Not best bred Frankel though , Aga Khans got a 3 year old filly by Frankel out of Zarkava , finished 3rd in group three at Deauville Sunday.

Talking Aga Khan , Darabad ex Aga Khan owned  gave me a good run for my money at big odds. Boxed on OK,  there's a big divi in that horse at some point if I  don't go broke first. It's never gonna be boxed in with 200 to go.

In one post you’ve highlighted the two most influential breeders in the world today...Khalid Abdullah and HRH Aga Khan...where would our industry be without these two gentlemen?  We seem to hear constantly from the huge multinational breeders/agents and those spinning their latest stallion coup... but these two just keep breeding and racing without any great fanfare but with amazing success...willing to take a risk I.e. Enable by Nathaniel and  Vazirabad by Manduro are great examples of thinking outside the square and not confirming to commercial trends. perhaps we can take a leaf out of that book and consider the unconventional ...? 

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

In one post you’ve highlighted the two most influential breeders in the world today...Khalid Abdullah and HRH Aga Khan...where would our industry be without these two gentlemen?  We seem to hear constantly from the huge multinational breeders/agents and those spinning their latest stallion coup... but these two just keep breeding and racing without any great fanfare but with amazing success...willing to take a risk I.e. Enable by Nathaniel and  Vazirabad by Manduro are great examples of thinking outside the square and not confirming to commercial trends. perhaps we can take a leaf out of that book and consider the unconventional ...? 

The list of top class horses both have produced are very very long. As for Khalid Abdullah when a horse such as  Rainbow Quest is arguably not in his top 10 hit parade it says a hell of a lot. When horses like Foreteller and Harlem are surplus to requirements it shows the quality they can call on. They run the same plan year in year out , shift few not quite Euro group 1  stateside to Bill Mott  to mop up some  decent turf events and sell those surplus horses . Zacinto doing a decent job here , the Juddmonte blood is worldwide.I still find Frankel's 2000 Guineas win scarcely believable. 

Was a real sad day  when the Aga Khan pulled out of UK after Aliysa tested positive, back now in smaller way. Shergar was so dominant in the 1982 Derby and won by so far  John Mathias who rode the second a decent horse in Glint of Gold said after the race  when he pulled up he thought he had won the Derby as he didn't see Shergar in the distance. 

38 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

I see Te Akau have sold Torcedor to some Germans for megabucks after his second to Stradivarius.

Some speculation they will bring him to Melbourne. When was the last Fastnet Rock two mile winner...?

The principal could sell ice to eskimos, just ask B Lindsay

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I see Te Akau have sold Torcedor to some Germans for megabucks after his second to Stradivarius.

Some speculation they will bring him to Melbourne. When was the last Fastnet Rock two mile winner...?

Torcedor Dam side stamina packed. Magnolia Lane is  a full sister to the mighty Yeats 4 time Ascot Gold winner.Torcedor had a year younger full  sister trained by Dermot Weld who raced twice,  over mile and 5 and two miles but is now deceased. A half brother Vigil  earns  his keep as a reasonable staying handicap  hurdler  with Weld as his trainer . Another half brother King Bountiful is a stayer in HK or what goes for staying races up there. If she was matched with likes of Coolmore's  Milan  the offspring would likely race from London to York like Dick Turpins  Black Bess no problem.

Torcedor won Sagaro Stakes over 2 miles  , although looked a poor renewal in May at Ascot . A crude line through likes of Marmelo would see it maybe 57kgs  to 58 kgs I would guess in Cup.  Once Stadivarius has broken his heart again next week in the Lonsdale , after a long season IMHO it would be a kilo or two too much against some of the lightly weighted imports set for the Cup as a primary objective.

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Marmelo going for his second Prix Kergolay at Deauville on Sunday. 

Will be a cracking weekend then,  with Melb and Sydney followed by up north. Geoffrey Freer off at 125am Sunday morning hopefully on trackside  . Hamada and Walton Street both in for Appleby. Walton Street got to the start at Goodwood two weeks back but balls up by Godolphin crew  missed applying checkpieces so starter withdrew it.Shown as early favorite around 11/4 mark with Doyle up. Algometer a good horse in the Freer has been behind Marmelo last two outings so will be a decent yardstick form wise. Like it how the French races uploaded to you tube with 3 or 4 hours.

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Ran second so will be interesting to see if they still come...

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/marmelo-beaten-in-prix-kergorlay-20180820

Had a look at Deauville races this morning . Just love the look of that course.I think Marmelo went ok , incidently Kitesurf who was forth to him earlier in season at Longchamp hosed up in Prix de Pormone later in day.Algometer who was second that day got towelled by Hamada at Newbury Saturday. If he is healthy he has earned enough this season to pay for trip and keep. I read few weeks back Hughie Morrison reckons he made a mistake running in Caulfield Cup last year and he was flat a Flemington. Maybe he left him slightly short yesterday , then quarantine then wind him up to a peak at Werribee for Cup .Just a theory.

Hamada was at 107 on Saturday , started at Wolverhampton this season on 87 and got to think handicapper will go around  113 odd to level him up with likes of Marmelo type horses, just below top rung of stayers in Europe.Charlie Appleby then has luxury of knowing he's likely to make  Cup field without a run in Aussie if he does not want to. Nakeeta (peak rating 108 now 107 ) made field last year and has nothing pattern race wise.

Looking forward to seeing Avilius  Saturday as he's entered up at Rosehill. James Cummings also has Moonlight Magic ( Mr Moonlight Magic ) . A serious ex Jim Bolger horse. Could they be the left field challengers to Winx ?

On 8/16/2018 at 3:41 PM, Red Rum said:

Torcedor Dam side stamina packed. Magnolia Lane is  a full sister to the mighty Yeats 4 time Ascot Gold winner.Torcedor had a year younger full  sister trained by Dermot Weld who raced twice,  over mile and 5 and two miles but is now deceased. A half brother Vigil  earns  his keep as a reasonable staying handicap  hurdler  with Weld as his trainer . Another half brother King Bountiful is a stayer in HK or what goes for staying races up there. If she was matched with likes of Coolmore's  Milan  the offspring would likely race from London to York like Dick Turpins  Black Bess no problem.

Torcedor won Sagaro Stakes over 2 miles  , although looked a poor renewal in May at Ascot . A crude line through likes of Marmelo would see it maybe 57kgs  to 58 kgs I would guess in Cup.  Once Stadivarius has broken his heart again next week in the Lonsdale , after a long season IMHO it would be a kilo or two too much against some of the lightly weighted imports set for the Cup as a primary objective.

Just to bring you up to date with the story about Torcedor’s sale...the horse has been sold to Jamie Lovett of Australian Bloodstock for a sum  they believe was under the odds...he will be trained by Andreas Wohler who handled Protectionist for the syndicate. The horse will come down with the first lot of contenders but his program will depend on Wohler’s assessment of his progress. 

5 hours ago, La Zip said:

Just to bring you up to date with the story about Torcedor’s sale...the horse has been sold to Jamie Lovett of Australian Bloodstock for a sum  they believe was under the odds...he will be trained by Andreas Wohler who handled Protectionist for the syndicate. The horse will come down with the first lot of contenders but his program will depend on Wohler’s assessment of his progress. 

Sounds like both parties are happy seller and buyer...thats what it normally takes to get a successful sale....:rcfe-like:

On 8/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Red Rum said:

Had a look at Deauville races this morning . Just love the look of that course.I think Marmelo went ok , incidently Kitesurf who was forth to him earlier in season at Longchamp hosed up in Prix de Pormone later in day.Algometer who was second that day got towelled by Hamada at Newbury Saturday. If he is healthy he has earned enough this season to pay for trip and keep. I read few weeks back Hughie Morrison reckons he made a mistake running in Caulfield Cup last year and he was flat a Flemington. Maybe he left him slightly short yesterday , then quarantine then wind him up to a peak at Werribee for Cup .Just a theory.

Hamada was at 107 on Saturday , started at Wolverhampton this season on 87 and got to think handicapper will go around  113 odd to level him up with likes of Marmelo type horses, just below top rung of stayers in Europe.Charlie Appleby then has luxury of knowing he's likely to make  Cup field without a run in Aussie if he does not want to. Nakeeta (peak rating 108 now 107 ) made field last year and has nothing pattern race wise.

Looking forward to seeing Avilius  Saturday as he's entered up at Rosehill. James Cummings also has Moonlight Magic ( Mr Moonlight Magic ) . A serious ex Jim Bolger horse. Could they be the left field challengers to Winx ?

Yes will be interesting to see if Avilius backs up that first up performance RR.

I see Robert Hickmott has picked up a German 3yo named Schabau who has won his last two starts impressively and intending to race him in Australia with a view to the big races down the track if he measures up. Not sure if Lloyd Williams is involved in this. Nice turn of foot in this win.

16 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes will be interesting to see if Avilius backs up that first up performance RR.

I see Robert Hickmott has picked up a German 3yo named Schabau who has won his last two starts impressively and intending to race him in Australia with a view to the big races down the track if he measures up. Not sure if Lloyd Williams is involved in this. Nice turn of foot in this win.

Looked very impressive OM, was on German Derby day so likely to be hot race. Mainly German pedigree and sire Pastorius top class international runner.  Interesting the article mentions price they are asking up there for Stakes performers so he was bit cheaper . Probably explains Darren Weir sourcing horses with Pontefract maiden and Ludlow hurdles form though they paid 310000 guineas for The Statesman.  Back in day owners hoped for good bid at Tatts HIT sale at end of 3 year old season from jumping yards for half decent horse  , now it's a bonanza for them with Aussie and Middle East competing. Most decent jumpers in UK and a lot even in Ireland French bred now.Martin Pipe did alright 20 odd years back venturing into German market for jumpers though.