RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Riccarton Results

At a time when many people are talking about closing small tracks and centres wasn’t it great to see the small guys stand up yesterday with horses that would have long been discarded in the horse factories that are proposed .  Waiuku , hunterville, Waipukurau and Opaki all take a bow .Yesterday showcased the beauty and diversity of NZ racing. Let’s not follow the Aussies and have most races dominated by a couple of stables . The people in this great industry are just as important as the majestic horse.

Regrettably, I don’t agree with you. May have a feel good factor, but little else to the overall racing scene.

Wagering at these meetings (which provides much needed income for NZ racing) is a waste of time. These back country trained runners with indifferent form, simply don’t give measured odds to the punters. It’s a lucky dip.

Australia, Hong King is where professionals train AND punt. I wonder why they are flying and we are sinking.

NZ racing simply believes that serving up any old crap will engender both interest and punting. Needs to look inwards and realise that without a professional view, you won’t attract support at any level. Punting, ownership or attendance.

2 hours ago, Phillipe said:

Regrettably, I don’t agree with you. May have a feel good factor, but little else to the overall racing scene.

Wagering at these meetings (which provides much needed income for NZ racing) is a waste of time. These back country trained runners with indifferent form, simply don’t give measured odds to the punters. It’s a lucky dip.

Australia, Hong King is where professionals train AND punt. I wonder why they are flying and we are sinking.

NZ racing simply believes that serving up any old crap will engender both interest and punting. Needs to look inwards and realise that without a professional view, you won’t attract support at any level. Punting, ownership or attendance.

Indifferent form my ass . Not sure what hole your talking out of. Both Dez and Bully Boy were $2.70 shots.

30 minutes ago, puha said:

Indifferent form my ass . Not sure what hole your talking out of. Both Dez and Bully Boy were $2.70 shots.

Not really sure what "form" has to do with it actually. Suppose it depends what you mean by that but I don't know any successful punters that analyse or assess "form".  Anyway, whatever punters assess, I don't see what that has to do with where the horse comes from.