RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

PHOTOS ADDINGTON

So in USA - the home of health  & safety and where they sue everyone for a scratch - they allow every owner , hanger on, sponsor and whoever have a photo with their pride and joy .

Not at Addington though - have to get in the cage to have a photo to hang on the wall . Trouble is photos are now terrible so not worth getting .

6F546E29-3FAA-4F9D-88E5-613F50AE1302.png

FC65D628-2E6C-45BA-9765-E0121380D1CB.png

6680CF45-22E8-4939-A721-F3603684BC07.png

Owners cannot get near their horse they pay dearly for , cannot speak to driver or trainer after win and cannot get a decent photo as the owners are in a cage above the horse - the animal that is the most important part of the whole sport and paid for by the owner .

A joke the whole ugly structure.

The birdcage photos are terrible - check them in Race Images .

Why can we not be like USA , Australia even Ireland ? 

9 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Owners cannot get near their horse they pay dearly for , cannot speak to driver or trainer after win and cannot get a decent photo as the owners are in a cage above the horse - the animal that is the most important part of the whole sport and paid for by the owner .

A joke the whole ugly structure.

The birdcage photos are terrible - check them in Race Images .

Why can we not be like USA , Australia even Ireland ? 

Agree with your thoughts, hard enough  getting a winner, and then to be hamstrung by our laws is such a shame, you can't  even see them geared up, puts me right off, but what can you do.Must chase a few owners away.

8 hours ago, Shad said:

Agree with your thoughts, hard enough  getting a winner, and then to be hamstrung by our laws is such a shame, you can't  even see them geared up, puts me right off, but what can you do.Must chase a few owners away.

What course do you not see them geared up at? , as a owner

14 hours ago, Shad said:

I'm talking pre race, at the stable.

Your talking pre race at which stable, I don't know of any stable in the country where you are denied that oppertunity as a owner , sure if it is a syndicate numbers of tickets are limited but on those ocasions the syndicate manager is asked to manage the tickets.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:06 PM, westview said:

Your talking pre race at which stable, I don't know of any stable in the country where you are denied that oppertunity as a owner , sure if it is a syndicate numbers of tickets are limited but on those ocasions the syndicate manager is asked to manage the tickets.

One thing that drives me nuts at Addington -is the email you get when you have a runner. It pretty much starts out talking about Health & Safety for 3 or 4 paragraphs and then eventually talks about the fun stuff.

Turns me off turning up - perhaps Westview you could get them to change that. I have mentioned it a couple of times and not even got a reply.

Col

PS - I get H&S is a necessary evil these days - but put it at the end of the email in one para like every other club does

Maybe the standardbred code is a little more lenient than the thoroughbred code, they are adamant only licence holders and stable hand have access  to the tie up area, be interested  to hear if there are any exceptions to the rule.

23 hours ago, Shad said:

Maybe the standardbred code is a little more lenient than the thoroughbred code, they are adamant only licence holders and stable hand have access  to the tie up area, be interested  to hear if there are any exceptions to the rule.

Yes  Shad we are pretty lucky in the harness industry as health and safety would have a field day with most of our harness clubs if they wern't run by volunteers and unfortunatly that is why Addington and ATC have far stricter guidelines around the birdcage etc .

On 8/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, LongOwner said:

So in USA - the home of health  & safety and where they sue everyone for a scratch - they allow every owner , hanger on, sponsor and whoever have a photo with their pride and joy .

Not at Addington though - have to get in the cage to have a photo to hang on the wall . Trouble is photos are now terrible so not worth getting .

6F546E29-3FAA-4F9D-88E5-613F50AE1302.png

FC65D628-2E6C-45BA-9765-E0121380D1CB.png

6680CF45-22E8-4939-A721-F3603684BC07.png

If you think photos are bad, the videos we've got as the "owner award"  in recent years at Cambridge are terrible quality.  You get better off recording the TV and making you own file - what you get sent just looks like what you get online. 

9 hours ago, Nelli said:

If you think photos are bad, the videos we've got as the "owner award"  in recent years at Cambridge are terrible quality.  You get better off recording the TV and making you own file - what you get sent just looks like what you get online. 

Do you mean the race replays you purchase  from nzhra of your horse wins. If this so you would expect good quality.