RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

International racing

Big weekend of international racing. Arlington Million, Beverley D Stakes and the Secretariat  Stakes at Arlington won  by Adelaide and Highland Reel recently.Also  the big mile race from Deauville with Alpha Centuri running , plus the Curragh.

Was having a look at trip advisor and street view  out of interest to see what Deauville looked like for a spectator. The course and area around  look fantastic.I didn't realise Clairefontaine was only two kms away from Deauville. That course looks a beauty. Has anyone been any of these courses if so what were they like.

While iam at it , I  personally like visiting different courses in different countries . I haven't been racing in South America or Caribbean,  some amazing looking courses there like Gavea under shadow of Chrst he Redeemer and plan is head South America at some point.I would enjoy reading anyone's experiences of going racing in South America or anywhere off the beaten track from the dust bowl of Birdsville to the Snow Turf of St Moritz.  And if anyone on here has been to the Baghdad Turf Club  I'd be very impressed.

49 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Saw this on twitter for the most remote or unusual place to visit a track, Turkmenistan

https://twitter.com/markanowell/status/1029796738935259142?s=12

Brilliant, love this stuff. Looks really nice . Will have to dig some more and see what's what. Never heard of the place. Be great if more of this stuff added . Will see if anything on you tube later. I know the Chechen leader a Ramzan Kadyoff I think  his handle is , is a big owner. Had Mourilyn placed in Melb Cup I think and owned  good ex Coolmore calied Mikhail Glinka.Races a lot in Dubai.

9 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Mark is definitely seeing some unique places and people.  Looks like the H&S brigade have not got here yet...

Great stuff Shane , is this bloke a racing journo or an intrepid traveller with a love of racing. What's in the middle of the course , looks like paper cut outs , cannot work it out. Stand looks new , background to course looks like waste ground.  If he's a journo hope he writes a book. Couple guys from Australia did a big book few years back racetracks of world, got good reviews at time  , keep meaning to buy it.

Find when I see this stuff on you tube from out the way places , they just rip and tear full bore whatever the distance . The poor buggers behind eat dust , Birdsville style.