RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Dreadfully Boring Racing at Present but

Tim Williams passed a notable milestone as a driver passing $5m in stakes earned.

Lazarus goes around this weekend and its on Trackside.

Gore Trots opens Southland racing season and they even gave them a Saturday meeting.

Get the dart board out for another zzzzzzzzzzzzzz meeting at Rangiora

Anyone else got any news to share or comments to make

I wouldn't say it has been dreadfully boring racing at present. The fields have stacked up reasonably well for the time of the year, there have been a few good horses coming through,some good divvies and best of all competitive racing without any domination of any one stable. It might lack the star power of the bigger carnivals but it gives the battlers of the industry their day in the sun (so to speak). As for Lazarus who really cares - he is no longer owned here and I for one would sooner concentrate on what we have racing here after all there are plenty of other good kiwi horses exported to the USA that we very rarely hear about.

I agree it gives the battlers a chance but it costs the same to race a good one as those battlers you refer to.

I also get the amateur component in Harness and participation so i suppose some will get the thrill that owning a winner offers whatever the venue or quality of race.

Any tips for Sunday Malcolm

Gore has never been a good hunting ground for me or any of our syndicate horses and with few workouts down here at the moment there is no real exposed form apart from Forbory Park however I have heard nice things about The Croupier in Race 2 and Chilli Franco in Race 8 is pretty smart on his day.

7 hours ago, MalcolmH said:

As for Lazarus who really cares - he is no longer owned here and I for one would sooner concentrate on what we have racing here after all there are plenty of other good kiwi horses exported to the USA that we very rarely hear about.

Since you asked.... I care for Lazarus. Plenty of his fans still do too. We don't really care too much that he is no longer owned by the previous owners, although I would suggest a lot of his fans still wish that he graced our racetracks in Australasia. Sunday fields at Rangiora, yeah I had a quick look at them. But ask most keen harness racing fans what they are most looking forward to this weekend and the answer probably won't be anything to do with Meeting 8 on Sunday, or any of the "good" ex-kiwi horses going round in North America this weekend. I think you'd be in the minority, wanting to concentrate on what we still have at home, but each to their own. I'll be watching and helping Laz get home, that's for sure. 

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Tim Williams passed a notable milestone as a driver passing $5m in stakes earned.

Lazarus goes around this weekend and its on Trackside.

Gore Trots opens Southland racing season and they even gave them a Saturday meeting.

Get the dart board out for another zzzzzzzzzzzzzz meeting at Rangiora

Anyone else got any news to share or comments to make

Thanks for posting Newmarket... you are right things are quiet with racing for now but will soon be hotting up again... cheers.

Malcolm mate, Lazzie's loyal fans certainly do care! and whether he is owned here or not he is, and always will be, a good solid Kiwibred! flyin the flag for our bloodstock at the very top of the harness game in US, where's yuh friggin patriotism :rolleyes:, there are those of us who do follow those racing in the States just cos they've left our shores don't mean they're dead, come on now.....

Rusty mate, Lazzie will have a shitload of us pushing his cart on Sat and I for one plan to be front an centre of that TV an when he and The Legend get down to it I'll be yellin the house down, you will hear me all over the show :D and and, after all Shartin is the top mare so tiz only fair the boys step up, wouldn't that be summit......Ooh gawd I'll be a wreck by the time race rolls round I'll never make it without a medicinal glass or two (hehe probably 3 or more) of the amber liquid, roll on 1.30 Sat.........

GOOOOO!!!!! The mighty Kiwibreds!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

12 hours ago, MalcolmH said:

Gore has never been a good hunting ground for me or any of our syndicate horses and with few workouts down here at the moment there is no real exposed form apart from Forbory Park however I have heard nice things about The Croupier in Race 2 and Chilli Franco in Race 8 is pretty smart on his day.

I seem to recall a chap by the name of Paisley had his team firing early on last season.Yellow and Black colours.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, MalcolmH said:

As for Lazarus who really cares - he is no longer owned here and I for one would sooner concentrate on what we have racing here after all there are plenty of other good kiwi horses exported to the USA that we very rarely hear about.

You sound like a total sad sack if you are not interested in Lazarus. Guess you are not interested in Winx either then or any other sporting superstar.

Yeh ay Spike :D but hey MalcH if you bored with the racin here perhaps try havin a snifty at the racing in the States, we got some gun Kiwibreds goin round over there, on weekend MoreTheBetter is havin a run along with a host of others.....cheez there's no pleasin some people

Cheers Iraklis