RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Apprentice caught Punting

Queensland Racing have today issued a statement regarding the two months suspension of apprentice Corey Bayliss on betting charges.

The steatement read; Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards have today inquired into the circumstances surrounding apprentice jockey Corey Bayliss betting on thoroughbred racing.

The Brisbane based metropolitan apprentice was today suspended from all riding engagements for two months.

QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett said on 29 June, Commission staff observed Mr Bayliss wagering at the Breakfast Creek Hotel on two races that day at Geelong in Victoria and Moruya in New South Wales. “Mr Bayliss pleaded guilty to breaching AR 83(c) which specifies jockeys or apprentices may be penalised if they bet, have an interest in a bet or facilitate a bet on any race,” he said.

“While this is a serious breach of Mr Bayliss’s licensing arrangements it is important that all jockeys understand that the perception of betting on thoroughbred races is an integrity issue outlawed under the Australian Rules of Racing.”

Wonder what J Mac makes of that sentence and who was the arsehole who potted him

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Queensland Racing have today issued a statement regarding the two months suspension of apprentice Corey Bayliss on betting charges.

The steatement read; Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards have today inquired into the circumstances surrounding apprentice jockey Corey Bayliss betting on thoroughbred racing.

The Brisbane based metropolitan apprentice was today suspended from all riding engagements for two months.

QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett said on 29 June, Commission staff observed Mr Bayliss wagering at the Breakfast Creek Hotel on two races that day at Geelong in Victoria and Moruya in New South Wales. “Mr Bayliss pleaded guilty to breaching AR 83(c) which specifies jockeys or apprentices may be penalised if they bet, have an interest in a bet or facilitate a bet on any race,” he said.

“While this is a serious breach of Mr Bayliss’s licensing arrangements it is important that all jockeys understand that the perception of betting on thoroughbred races is an integrity issue outlawed under the Australian Rules of Racing.”

Wonder what J Mac makes of that sentence and who was the arsehole who potted him

I reckon you'll find out how he was potted if you read the article you've quoted.  Read it carefully, top to bottom and left to right, and you might surprise yourself as to how clever you are

51 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

I reckon you'll find out how he was potted if you read the article you've quoted.  Read it carefully, top to bottom and left to right, and you might surprise yourself as to how clever you are

Thanks for the sarcastic reply. You clearly don't get it. Why was a  QRIC Commissioner at some Bush pub. He was clearly tipped off to be there 

54 minutes ago, puha said:

Big deal a $2 multi on two races and football games .Myself I can’t see the problem with jockeys betting if it’s controlled and all above board .

As they say rules are rules in Queensland racing.  Everybody else in racing can have a bet bar stewards and officials on race day. After that they can all do what they like in spare time.

What a nasty  piece of work by the person  who tipped off the Fed's 

26 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

As they say rules are rules in Queensland racing.  Everybody else in racing can have a bet bar stewards and officials on race day. After that they can all do what they like in spare time.

What a nasty  piece of work by the person  who tipped off the Fed's 

What I don’t get a jockey rides in a race and you can monitor their every move.A Trainer has a horse under their care 24/7 and if so choose could manipulate a race with no cameras on them and they can bet and they do ! Is this double standards? 

Yes many years ago I went to the races with my father in law and a trainer the horse was placed in a closed stall and Iwas told to bring buckets of water to the stall untill i was told to stop found out sometime later the horse had been kept away from water it run mid field and won its next start at Wellington 18/1 needles to say I didnt back it. So yes trainers  can manipulate races if they so wish.

22 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Thanks for the sarcastic reply. You clearly don't get it. Why was a  QRIC Commissioner at some Bush pub. He was clearly tipped off to be there 

Breakfast Creek Hotel, I believe, is right across the road from Albion Park where there's harness or dog racing most days of the week, and pretty close to Brisbane city.  It's not exactly a 'bush pub'.  

The rule may be a joke, but it's a rule nonetheless and until it changes, these folks need to wise up and abide by it.

1 hour ago, Fernlea25 said:

Breakfast Creek Hotel, I believe, is right across the road from Albion Park where there's harness or dog racing most days of the week, and pretty close to Brisbane city.  It's not exactly a 'bush pub'.  

The rule may be a joke, but it's a rule nonetheless and until it changes, these folks need to wise up and abide by it.

So do you believe the Feds were tipped off.  I do and think it was a very ordinary piece of human behavior by the grass. You and others are free to think otherwise.

Just now, Fartoomuch said:

So do you believe the Feds were tipped off.  I do and think it was a very ordinary piece of human behavior by the grass. You and others a free to think otherwise

In my opinion, unlikely to have been potted - more likely spotted by someone from the integrity unit having a beer at the pub after the Albion Park races.  

If he was grassed-up by someone, it's not great form but he knew the rules and chose to break them. It's not the informant that broke the rule, he did.

4 minutes ago, Fernlea25 said:

In my opinion, unlikely to have been potted - more likely spotted by someone from the integrity unit having a beer at the pub after the Albion Park races.  

If he was grassed-up by someone, it's not great form but he knew the rules and chose to break them. It's not the informant that broke the rule, he did.

As i said your free to your own opinion. :D we agree to disagree