RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pegasus 9

Cruelty

I recently took some dogs down to Picton and back on the Interislander, once I told them I had dogs in my van I was shepherded to an area on the boat that had good air circulation, that wasn’t inside the ship and away from exhaust vents, I think there’s more to this story than is being printed

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

Totally agree with you Gom. The team would have made that trip 100 plus times without incident. Whether you like the kennel or not, that is a fact. 

and fact is you take your eyeoff the ball once and your done

7 hours ago, GOM said:

What kind of negilgence. BM. If you know the full details of how this happened then publish if not STFU.

No doubt John would have been devastated by these events and kicking someone while they are down is gutless.

Emily Robertson of the GPL uses the sad news to spray more false news with the statement that  "it is not surprising that it has happened". Thousands upopn thousands of greyhounds plus other breeds have been transported interisland by the same method over the years with no adverse results. We have made the trip many times and the dogs were in excellent conditon at the ens d of each trip. Mc Inerneys have made the trip more than anyone without trouble till this occasion . Obviously something out of the ordinary happened and untill we are all aware of what it was it is best to not comment.

The fact the thread was started with the word Cruelty indicates the intention of the poster

I’m not sure how slowly I have to explain this to you GOM but the case HAS BEEN INVESTIGATED AND TWO PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH NEGLIGENCE.

You are right about one thing though GOM - Five dogs suffocating in a vehicle - clearly something out of the ordinary did happen!!!!!

I do not know who is responsible but clearly someone is and it needs to be dealt with sternly.

5 hours ago, Emotive said:

Totally agree with you Gom. The team would have made that trip 100 plus times without incident. Whether you like the kennel or not, that is a fact. 

That is kind of like a mother who’s baby has been fried in a hot car saying “ I’ve left her in the car unattended hundreds of times and she’s never died before....”

51 minutes ago, Betting man said:

I’m not sure how slowly I have to explain this to you GOM but the case HAS BEEN INVESTIGATED AND TWO PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH NEGLIGENCE.

You are right about one thing though GOM - Five dogs suffocating in a vehicle - clearly something out of the ordinary did happen!!!!!

I do not know who is responsible but clearly someone is and it needs to be dealt with sternly.

You don’t have to explain it betting man, but you need to learn how to read. From what I have read and been told no one has been charged (proven) or otherwise, from what I can gather it’s going to the jca I agree with GOM  it’s a bloody tragedy and the people involved must be be side themselves. 

51 minutes ago, I know said:

You don’t have to explain it betting man, but you need to learn how to read. From what I have read and been told no one has been charged (proven) or otherwise, from what I can gather it’s going to the jca I agree with GOM  it’s a bloody tragedy and the people involved must be be side themselves. 

May I suggest you read it again.

Two quotes from the article:

“One of the country’s top greyhound trainers has been charged with negligence after 5 of his dogs died from suffocation “

”Mcinerney and the driver of the van had since been charged with negligence “

I don’t doubt for a minute that whoever was responsible for the dogs welfare at the time are beside themselves and are deeply regretful, unfortunately that won’t bring those poor dogs back or lessen the horror they went through.

3 hours ago, Betting man said:

That is kind of like a mother who’s baby has been fried in a hot car saying “ I’ve left her in the car unattended hundreds of times and she’s never died before....”

Not at all. I agree with GOM's comment that possibly there was a set of extraordinary circumstances that contributed to this tragic incident as the McInerney team had made this trip without incident probably more than any other trainer in the country. My comment referred to their experience in traveling dogs. Your comment was uncalled for.  If you have evidence that shows without doubt negligence has been proven then please share. While a charge has been preferred, the case is still to be heard. Personally, I would like to wait till that hearing has concluded before throwing cutlery around, but each to their own.

If hacking someone to bits on social media is your way of deflecting harm suffered by this story, then so be it. I would be horrified if this tragedy was due to carelessness, and am sincerely saddened by the deaths.

On 8/3/2018 at 8:53 PM, Hound Fan said:

Worst way and most painful way for a dog to die if it was heat exhaustion.....grnz need to stop greyhound farming and eliminate the numbers game right now if they are serious about welfare.....limit numbers breed per kennel and numbers trained before our sport is destroyed through greed...

I am in total agreement with you on limiting numbers bred and raced (per kennel) Steve. There should be a levy placed on any kennel that breeds more than 40 dogs per year. That levy should be $100 per dog payable at 3 months of age. The levy paid directly to our re-homing initiatives.

4 minutes ago, Emotive said:

I am in total agreement with you on limiting numbers bred and raced (per kennel) Steve. There should be a levy placed on any kennel that breeds more than 40 dogs per year. That levy should be $100 per dog payable at 3 months of age. The levy paid directly to our re-homing initiatives.

Emotive 

Can you tell me how many dogs you have breed and also how many dogs you have trained that have come from oz

9 hours ago, Emotive said:

Is there not already a fee of $50 per pup bred that goes towards re-homing initiatives?

9 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Emotive 

Can you tell me how many dogs you have breed and also how many dogs you have trained that have come from oz

It makes no difference to my opinion what those numbers are. If you do the math ie numbers bred per annum versus adoption spaces available each year, the numbers are polls apart. If we are going to allow breeders to churn out excessive numbers each year then those breeders need to take responsibility for what they produce. That's my opinion, you may disagree, it's still my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

Emotive  

It dose mean alot there is already a fee for each pup paid before they are 3 months old 

It tells me you race alot if imports and this is what should be looked at not nz  breeding 

WOW, and you came to that conclusion how. The fee per import is $500 per dog. I have no imports in my kennel. The number imported is capped. The fee to register a NZ bred is $50 per pup. If the number of NZ breds was capped per kennel, then the numbers to be rehomed could be more easily managed. An additional fee over the cap would be the breeders choice. Breed in excess, pay the additional fee.

33 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

Emotive  

It dose mean alot there is already a fee for each pup paid before they are 3 months old 

It tells me you race alot if imports and this is what should be looked at not nz  breeding 

Joe, you are now in  a tie with Yorky for stupidest post of the year.

Emotive would have been well aware of the $50 fee for all, and was commenting that in their opinion there should be another $100 for mass breeders.

How you can determine from that  that Emotive races a lot of imports is beyond belief and if Emotive does then it is of no consequence to their opinion.

Emotive's comments highlight a comment I have made on here a few times recently. Greyhound racing in NZ under the current circumstances is not sustainable

There was a time not long ago when we needed the the big guys to keep the wheels going round and to build us up to a financially sustainable industry. Now with the attention of the activists and the impetus on rehoming it's almost like we need them gone just as badly.

There will be tough times ahead and some fiercely difficult decisions to be made by the board and Petone seatwarmers.

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

WOW, and you came to that conclusion how. The fee per import is $500 per dog. I have no imports in my kennel. The number imported is capped. The fee to register a NZ bred is $50 per pup. If the number of NZ breds was capped per kennel, then the numbers to be rehomed could be more easily managed. An additional fee over the cap would be the breeders choice. Breed in excess, pay the additional fee.

Does sound like a good plan. Better yet, The NZGRA should restrict the amount of pups each trainer/breeder can breed in a year to say 30-50 and the amount of dogs each trainer is allowed to race each year to 30-50. That way, it stops mas breading and those trainers who constantly bring dogs in, win 7 or 8 than get rid of them. I

They are looking at similar policies in both VIC and NSW right now. I know NSW have already placed a cap on the amount of dogs bred per year which imo is a good thing. Many in Australia are against these policies, however we cannot continue breeding in an unsustainable way.

I also believe GOM has pointed this out on several occasions on here that there are only so many homes dogs can go to aswell. Its clear that GAP and co are struggling to rehome the current number of dogs, so the only other way is to restrict the amount of dogs bred and imported.