RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

Koral Steeples Saturday

On 8/1/2018 at 11:00 PM, kdt said:

Thank goodness a number of North Island trainers have decided to make the trip down with their horses otherwise there would be no race. 

How`s the track rating ?

5 hours ago, jack said:

How`s the track rating ?

Been a slow 9 - upgraded during the week from heavy 10.

Been very little rain here this week and doesn't look like any in the forecast till Sunday. Going to trip up a few expecting normal Riccarton Heavy !!!!

Possibly form reversals as the week goes on if we do get rain.

Going to be a cracking carnival.  I was talking to a fellow Racecafer earlier today -  we agreed that horses we separately have  interests in are going to win the first 2 races  B) Rest of the week should be plain sailing....

Wouldn't mortgage the farm on "that bloke Nelson" in the first either just quietly, and Cubes is more than just a sneaky chance in the second. 3.5 kgs is a fair pull in the weights. Racing is no place for the feint-hearted.

11 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Good luck Col.....and Cubes.

Thought your bloke would like more rain Col but still a big chance...just that bloke Nelson to worry about....;)

Agree re ours and the track Ohoka - bloody unusual to run into a slow track this carnival. Mind you I am up early so might stroll down Cutts Rd with my watering can and see if I can jump the fenceB)

18 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Been a slow 9 - upgraded during the week from heavy 10.

Been very little rain here this week and doesn't look like any in the forecast till Sunday. Going to trip up a few expecting normal Riccarton Heavy !!!!

Possibly form reversals as the week goes on if we do get rain.

Going to be a cracking carnival.  I was talking to a fellow Racecafer earlier today -  we agreed that horses we separately have  interests in are going to win the first 2 races  B) Rest of the week should be plain sailing....

... And ?

7 minutes ago, premixer said:

First time actually watching a steeplechase live at the track, great spectacle, even though I did my dough when Notabadrooster fell at the last.  

Premixer once you get hooked on the jumps there's something about it that gets you. I know a lot of punters not into it but each to there own  , you learn to live with last fence fallers.It works in your  favour sometimes when leader falls , although most long term National Hunt  fans never hope for a leader to fall , maybe just a slow jump losing bit of  momentum opening the door for your selection to breeze past up run in.. Not sure where you positioned yourself but if you didn't it's well worth sacrificing a bit of view of finish and back straight to   get close to  hurdle or fence in straight  even for one race . The noise up close as they  jump gives you the respect for the brave buggers who ride them.

If you  get to UK at some point  , try take in  Sandown Park jumps card, standing by hurdle when 20 novices fly over is awesome ,  the noise of the rap of the hurdle is something..IMHO it's the best jumps track in UK or Ireland,  the view is great and uphill finish a game changer.Was a second home for me for nearly 20 years and is  a consideration of a venue for a sneaky ashes spread by my family  when I hop twig , few years away hopefully tho.   I was lucky enough to be at the 1984 Whitbread Gold Cup , if someone can find a better finish to a 5700 metre plus steeplechase or any chase i would love to hear so I could you tube it. Sandown just a short train trip from Waterloo to Esher and your 50 metres from track when you get off train.

This GN hurdle going to be tough to pick, iam stumped just looking at noms.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:27 PM, chelseacol said:

2nd and 3rd - both went pretty good races but retirement plans are off until wednesday at least

Congrats on a fine win chealsea ...