RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Booby Bec

Presenter on Trackside

4 hours ago, Booby Bec said:

Anyone listening to the joker on trackside tonight.  I've heard him commentate trials at Puke and Alex Park.  Has a voice on him that makes you want to burst your eardrums!!

Sorry can't agree...the young fella is doing just fine.

Both his roles are challenging ones and his dedication and preparation is obvious.

He will continue to impress IMO.

12 hours ago, Booby Bec said:

Anyone listening to the joker on trackside tonight.  I've heard him commentate trials at Puke and Alex Park.  Has a voice on him that makes you want to burst your eardrums!!

He is a bit like Mark Sheen in Oz used to hate him but many loved him, everyone has different ideas.

I'm hearing what you're hearing Booby. Drives me up the proverbial aswell and has me reaching for the remote like no other presenter ever! 

I wonder sometimes if it's the way they get trained there at trackside, I find some newbies come in and sound like they are 'putting on a voice' and talking unnaturally slooow leee. When they'd be better off being told to be themselves, be natural. That's my 2 cents anyway. Goodluck to Cam Shaw, we can't choice our voice, or how it will effect others eardrums!

2 hours ago, Lowdown said:

I'm hearing what you're hearing Booby. Drives me up the proverbial aswell and has me reaching for the remote like no other presenter ever! 

I wonder sometimes if it's the way they get trained there at trackside, I find some newbies come in and sound like they are 'putting on a voice' and talking unnaturally slooow leee. When they'd be better off being told to be themselves, be natural. That's my 2 cents anyway. Goodluck to Cam Shaw, we can't choice our voice, or how it will effect others eardrums!

The better ones get sent to Ozzie for a month to train with the best. Im sure Cassie Fahey went to SKY racing recently for just that

Geez big Booby give the young guy a chance. He has knowledge and can discuss harness racing intelligently. Much better future than the self promoters ,,,, who dont help with the Betting. (boy better not name them they get really steammed...!) In the past very knowledgable and helpful frontmen have not had great voices but were of immense value. 

Clearly, the young chap is not everyone's cup of tea. I don't drink tea or even coffee for that matter, but I think it's fair to give him a chance and see how he is after a few months under his belt.

I heard him saying late on a Saturday night Trackside stint, that he had been calling the trials earlier that morning, so he is obviously dedicated to the sport, which is a start, and he can always work on delivery style etc similar to what the whale did when he first graced the tv screen. He was like a fish outta water when he first faced the camera but he improved over time. 

Also this kid, sorry I cant recall his name, but he has a bit of knowledge under his lid and not afraid to share it onscreen. Makes it a bit more interesting than merely rattling off the tote and final field divvies in a lead up to a race. 

Anyone hear the Big Fish throwing shade at Cam Shaw tonight on Trackside? Says to him.. your catchphrase which I've heard thousands of times "swing on in" is not working for me. 

Nxt cross Cam tries to make light of it again and whale's just like

"Pfft whatever Junior" or words to that effect. Or was I imagining? :rcf-suspicious: