RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Southland

Benbatl - La Mer family lights up!

Read with interest that Cox Plate invitee Benbatl has bounced back to form with a Group One victory in Germany. Looking at his pedigree it was interesting to see La Mer 4 gens removed on the bottom of the page.

I don’t know to much about this family since the great filly raced in the mid 70s but would be interested in thoughts on what may have activated this pedigree to leave a horse of Benbatl’s quality.

In terms of the dam line I guess class is permanant but do you see any other influencing factors?

chrs

5B610C15-7732-47C9-9C12-25F3EE7B2BA1.png

On 7/31/2018 at 7:42 PM, Southland said:

Read with interest that Cox Plate invitee Benbatl has bounced back to form with a Group One victory in Germany. Looking at his pedigree it was interesting to see La Mer 4 gens removed on the bottom of the page.

I don’t know to much about this family since the great filly raced in the mid 70s but would be interested in thoughts on what may have activated this pedigree to leave a horse of Benbatl’s quality.

In terms of the dam line I guess class is permanant but do you see any other influencing factors?

chrs

5B610C15-7732-47C9-9C12-25F3EE7B2BA1.png

Hope you got some off his win on Saturday Southland - he's a flashy chap :)

On 10/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, Chestnut said:

Hope you got some off his win on Saturday Southland - he's a flashy chap :)

She is the fastest horse I ever rode... a super mare, had a mind of her own but an absolute superstar. I watched with my boss Malcolm Smith in the car park at hastings her last race the Ormond Memorial,which she won, after they had sold her...it was so sad..it was a big story at the time, but i think she was the first of the real big international purchases of broodmares.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Phar Lap Fan said:

interesting but not overly excited.  La Mer was foaled in N.Z.of 100% European blood, related to Ribot.

Distantly related. Ribot's sire Tenerani was out of Tofanella. La Mer's 5th dam was Tofanella. La Mer's sire Copenhagen spent his whole time at Wynthorpe stud just outside New Plymouth as far as I can remember. He was a champion sire and had some good sire premiership "battles" with Pakistan. Probably fair to say that being a bit isolated in the "naki, he didn't initially get top mares.

5 hours ago, bazach said:

Distantly related. Ribot's sire Tenerani was out of Tofanella. La Mer's 5th dam was Tofanella. La Mer's sire Copenhagen spent his whole time at Wynthorpe stud just outside New Plymouth as far as I can remember. He was a champion sire and had some good sire premiership "battles" with Pakistan. Probably fair to say that being a bit isolated in the "naki, he didn't initially get top mares.

5 hours ago, bazach said:

Not normally the way you express the close relation tie up. It universally means that through the dam there is a close relationship, not an inbreed to the stallion.