RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Glorious Goodwood

Glorious Goodwood meeting starts tonight. Looks like on trackside from day 2 . Goodwood Cup tonight looks like a real highlight , Stadivarius Ascot Gold Cup winner trying to pick up next leg of big million pound stayers bonus that started this year.John Gosden has named Te Akau's Torcedor as the big danger. I like Idaho , looks decent price for class horse on his day if he stays the 2 miles.

Eminent also NZ owned entered later in meeting .

I love Goodwood,the  flag start in front of stands  for the extreme distance race on day 2 tomorrow as they go wrong way down home straight,  loop and come back the right way. Up hill,  downhill , loops , it's got the lot . Set in  one of the  most beautiful parts of the UK. 

Also home to Stewards Cup run this week, had my first ever bet as a kid in it, Soba 1982 , who forgets their first collect. Would have been 20p win  at most , but still remember it like yesterday.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Glorious Goodwood meeting starts tonight. Looks like on trackside from day 2 . Goodwood Cup tonight looks like a real highlight , Stadivarius Ascot Gold Cup winner trying to pick up next leg of big million pound stayers bonus that started this year.John Gosden has named Te Akau's Torcedor as the big danger. I like Idaho , looks decent price for class horse on his day if he stays the 2 miles.

Eminent also NZ owned entered later in meeting .

I love Goodwood,the  flag start in front of stands  for the extreme distance race on day 2 tomorrow as they go wrong way down home straight,  loop and come back the right way. Up hill,  downhill , loops , it's got the lot . Set in  one of the  most beautiful parts of the UK. 

Also home to Stewards Cup run this week, had my first ever bet as a kid in it, Soba 1982 , who forgets their first collect. Would have been 20p win  at most , but still remember it like yesterday.

I with you about G G. Red Rum. Its hard to describe the course unless you have actually been to a day or of racing. And the less said about the society ladies the better:wub:

5 hours ago, Steve Paul said:

God, thats a blast from my misspent youth, seriously fast horse, struggled to run a yard beyond 6 furlongs!

On the money there SP, 6 furlongs that's it  tank empty. She went on to finish 2nd in the next year's  July Cup to Habibti . Day after the Stewards  i persuaded my nan to let me roll up my winnings on Wiki Wiki Wheels , with his brother Miki Miki Motor my all time favorite racehorse names .It won and I was hooked and forever in love with Goodwood.

Soba' s trainer David Chapman and jockey Dandy Nicholls both sadly passed on, the old march of time .Chapman was a master of beating the handicapper with the sprinters, Chaplins Club in the 80s won 9 races in season  twice (when uk flat  season ran March to Nov)  including an  unreal 7 wins in 19 days one year. He also won 9 in a year with Glencroft , the horse had been tubed so bit disconcerting seeing him walk round paddock. Basically Chapman got hold big players  cheap cast offs and problems and worked the oracle.  A true punters friend.

Right going to nab telly before family watch build a house show and relive Soba 1982 on you tube. Good days.

Bevan Sweeney was again exposed on Trackside yesterday for his complete lack of knowledge about foreign racing. Telling us that the TAB were taking bets on the Goodwood Cup overnight. He then proceeded to read out odds of the fav  Stradivarius  at 1.55 before pausing to tell us that it was unbeaten in 2 runs this season, the last win being over 2 miles and 4 furlongs at Ascot. Yes Bevan, the race was wait for it the Ascot gold Cup, one of the biggest races at Royal Ascot 

On 7/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, Red Rum said:

On the money there SP, 6 furlongs that's it  tank empty. She went on to finish 2nd in the next year's  July Cup to Habibti . Day after the Stewards  i persuaded my nan to let me roll up my winnings on Wiki Wiki Wheels , with his brother Miki Miki Motor my all time favorite racehorse names .It won and I was hooked and forever in love with Goodwood.

Soba' s trainer David Chapman and jockey Dandy Nicholls both sadly passed on, the old march of time .Chapman was a master of beating the handicapper with the sprinters, Chaplins Club in the 80s won 9 races in season  twice (when uk flat  season ran March to Nov)  including an  unreal 7 wins in 19 days one year. He also won 9 in a year with Glencroft , the horse had been tubed so bit disconcerting seeing him walk round paddock. Basically Chapman got hold big players  cheap cast offs and problems and worked the oracle.  A true punters friend.

Right going to nab telly before family watch build a house show and relive Soba 1982 on you tube. Good days.

Red Rum, Dandy Nicholls liked to set a horse for Goodwood as well and had quiet a bit of success doing it.  I remember having a collect off one of his horses Double Oscar at Goodwood in the late nineties.

Couple of articles you may be interested in - the first one mentions Chapman and Soba

https://www.racingpost.com/news/from-success-in-the-saddle-to-sprint-riches-as-a-trainer/288211

https://www.racingpost.com/news/sprint-king-nicholls-dies-aged-61/288207

53 minutes ago, Paddymc said:

Red Rum, Dandy Nicholls liked to set a horse for Goodwood as well and had quiet a bit of success doing it.  I remember having a collect off one of his horses Double Oscar at Goodwood in the late nineties.

Couple of articles you may be interested in - the first one mentions Chapman and Soba

https://www.racingpost.com/news/from-success-in-the-saddle-to-sprint-riches-as-a-trainer/288211

https://www.racingpost.com/news/sprint-king-nicholls-dies-aged-61/288207

Thanks for the links, a few good old names there. Sovereign Debt still racing trained by Ruth Carr who is David Chapman's granddaughter, a good horse so old Dandy kind of paid it forward with that horse. Always wondered where the Dandy nickname  came from now I know.

Iam all fired up now ready to solve the 30 runner Stewards Cup  riddle on Saturday night.Had Rotherfield Grey's one year but apart from that been pretty shabby with my punting on it, done money cold early  on many occasions with horses on wrong side.Always frustrating thinking going well but 10 in front of it stands side or vice versa.

First race tonight at Goodwood will be interesting with eye to future.Runners include.  Eminent owned by Sir Peter Vela  but looks like he needs to find some improvement to win on this seasons form. Red Verdon ( same connections as Red Cadeaux) equal 3rd favorite for Melb Cup ( cannot see second favorite Stradivarius coming wil be huge weight plus tough season) so in that respect default second favorite.  Also Mirage Dancer in form and won't be many better bred colts in training. By Frankel out of Heat Haze . Related to a who's who of Juddmonte Farms best. Group 1 winners all over the family.

At Randwick Saturday is Avilius for James Cummings.Have had a watch of his run in September's Arc trial at Chantilly behind Cracksman. Looks a very interesting horse but got feeling he might be  tapped for toe over mile but i will be surprised if he does not pick up decent race , been gelded since last run so he only has to stress about racing now.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, Red Rum said:

First race tonight at Goodwood will be interesting with eye to future.Runners include.  Eminent owned by Sir Peter Vela  but looks like he needs to find some improvement to win on this seasons form. Red Verdon ( same connections as Red Cadeaux) equal 3rd favorite for Melb Cup ( cannot see second favorite Stradivarius coming wil be huge weight plus tough season) so in that respect default second favorite.  Also Mirage Dancer in form and won't be many better bred colts in training. By Frankel out of Heat Haze . Related to a who's who of Juddmonte Farms best. Group 1 winners all over the family.

At Randwick Saturday is Avilius for James Cummings.Have had a watch of his run in September's Arc trial at Chantilly behind Cracksman. Looks a very interesting horse but got feeling he might be  tapped for toe over mile but i will be surprised if he does not pick up decent race , been gelded since last run so he only has to stress about racing now.

Avilius , wow that was a run today. I wrote might be  tapped for toe, umm well wrong on that , he looks like a serious horse. Full brother won group two at Deauville over 2000 few years back and only his debut run in France over mile since then only raced over 2000 to 2400 . He's going to improve for a longer  trip.If  the stable can get Moonlight Cloud going like he was few years back  they have some good replacements for some of the aging imports like good old Hartnell and It's Somewhat. 

Stewards Cup tonite,  Growl each way. No nz betting too many runners i think so offshore job I think only option. Looks like it's on  trackside two. Walton Street earlier race a spring contender for Melbourne maybe? 

Charlie Appleby assembling an awesome team for Melbourne. Cross Counter heading down for big one , the 3 year won Gordon Stakes on Saturday and misses the Leger up in UK as he's missing two important things to be eligible for entry  for that race. He looks very  good .Second horse no mug.

Walton Street had prep run of sorts as he made his way to start , however the cheek pieces didn't , maybe a job open for Chief Cheek Piece  Application officer available in Godolphin operation. Report states they are confident the person who forgot this won't do it again. Big bullocking or sacking who knows. Walton Street withdrawn by starter runs in few weeks then heads down.