RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Dark Horse - The story of Dream Alliance

Beaut story Aaron, just a shame it was buried on Maori TV.

The thrill of racing eh..A bunch of battlers from an anonymous Welsh Valley bred their own horse and took it to the top.

Broke down in a jumps race with serious tendon trouble, they wouldn't put him down, had stem cell treatment and was nursed back to health to come back to win the Welsh Grand National.

Not sure I would have tempted fate in the Grand National as they did, where the earlier problem surfaced again and he was retired.

Won I think £170,000 in his career so they had a great run. Fantastic.....;)

20 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

For some bloody reason this great story is on Maori TV tonight. Worth a watch.

Thanks for heads up OM will try on demand . Reminded me of the the sad postscript I read late last year.The breeders brought a Shadwell cast off trained for one win  by Marcus Tregonning .Called Juriweya she was by Nayef.  In 2015 she had a foal called Impossible Dream. The stable or should I say allotment shed name was Rodders. A great name , after the character in all time classic comedy  Only Fools and Horses. The mare went back into training in 2016 after 1919 days off , won hurdle at Stratford and was retired again after injury. Well in late 2017 some utter evil w##kers decided to burn the stable/shed down killing Rodders and burning quite badly Juriweya but to my knowledge she survived. A sad finish to a great story.What goes on in some people's heads?

Old Dream Alliance had a few more days out at the festival and finished up last racing in the Cheltenham cross country chase  a race that bamboozles me just watching , the jockeys need a sat nav to sort it out.