RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

The Amazing Farce

It wasn't till I got to Alexandra Park tonight that I realised there was a 3/4 hour gap between two races, both here and at Addington.      After investigating  I was shocked to learn the reason was that the time was being occupied by a Greyhound "bonanza" of 2 dog races.     No body in the area I was was remotely interested in this but we were told that this was done at the Command of the TAB (or Racing Board) (or both).     The club's race book didn't advise this was happening so most patrons were non-plussed over the whole episode and a list of these dogs were not printed anyway..      I will admit that I am not a lover of dog racing but each to his own, but for the life of me, if "they" wanted 45 minutes of such boredom, surely they could have shown the whole "event" on Channel 2 for those interested and not hoisted it upon the majority of racegoers who were attending to see Horses, not Dogs!       Could you imagine this happening on a Saturday and Ellerslie told they had to pause for an hour just to accommodate TV coverage of dogs from a village like Wanganui.      Also tonight this enthralling interlude was bang in the middle of their Turbo Pick 6 which incidentally in my opinion, started far too early in the night.     I was told the harness clubs just obeyed and did not apparently object to the TAB etc. for interrupting their programme.     I cannot imagine they would have been in favour of this - I might be wrong.      During the day the Greyhounds are on Trackside 2 so why couldn't they have shown this there tonight?? 

Listen here your intolerant old twat. 

Dog racing is the new "thingy". What's not to love ?

The cocking of the leg and the squating of the bitches on the way to the boxes is absolutely must watch viewing......and last night we got to see the two dog tango run over a lap and a half at the hallowed Whanganui saucer track.

I was fizzing at the bung for 45 minutes.

Those doggies made Standardbreds look like Farty Too Much overdosed on constipation tablets. It was exhilarating and compulsive viewing.

God it was exciting. I can't wait till next year's edition.