RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Maybe They Will Find A Safe Place To Cry

Vegan has a beef with advert

by WH 

meat_Pack.jpg?resize=630%2C378&ssl=1

Oh, suck it up snowflake!

If one ever needed proof that veganism is bad for you, one only needs to look at the sad case of the vegan/vegetarian womble who got all out of joint over a humorous advert on the radio.

“Tofu turkey, soybean chicken, coconut bacon, mushroom mince pies. Ah, nice try veges, but you’ll never beat actual meat …”

Fortunately the Advertising Standards Authority did not agree with this person’s beef about the advert, and without mincing words told the complainant they were a bit of a turkey. I would have preferred that the complainant had got a bit more of a roasting from the Advertising Standards Authority. Whichever way you slice it, the Advertising Standards Authority clearly was not on the complainant’s side.

One wonders if the complainant was actually just hamming it up a little as it is hard to take the complaint seriously. Still, I guess that they had to steak out their claim of imagined offence on behalf of others.  Regardless of their belief that they had got a rump deal, the complaint was given the chop once the Authority had got abreast of it and realised it was all tongue in cheek. Quote.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has dismissed a complaint over a Pak’nSave advertisement that alleged it was offensive to the vegetarian and vegan community.

The radio advertisement promoting meat week said: “Tofu turkey, soybean chicken, coconut bacon, mushroom mince pies. Ah, nice try veges, but you’ll never beat actual meat …”

“I found the Pak’nSave ad promoting the meat specials highly offensive to the vegetarian/vegan community,” the complainant said.

“It disrespects products that many people depend on for nutrients, that are more environmentally friendly to produce and consume and that are more ethical to animals.

“Whether someone is vegan/vegetarian or not … these are quality, ethical products that should not be made a mockery of. By mocking the product, Pak’nSave are mocking the people who consume them and the good it does for the world to have these products. This is NOT right!!”

In its ruling, the ASA accepted that some viewers would not find the advertisement humorous but said the humour used in promoting meet week was acceptable and would not likely cause serious or widespread offence. end of quote.

“It disrespects products that many people depend on”

Oh, poor disrespected tofu and soy!  Is there a Givealittle page where I can donate to the society

• Which
  • Helps
  • Advance
  • The
  • Respect
  • Of
  • Tofu? quote.

“I found the Pak’nSave ad promoting the meat specials highly offensive to the vegetarian/vegan community,” end quote.

Yes, and the garlic specials are offensive to the Buddhists, and the oyster specials are offensive to the Jews, and the egg specials are offensive to the Hindus, and the alcohol specials are offensive to the Muslims, and the coffee specials are offensive to the Mormons, and the potato specials are offensive to the Pastafarians and so on. Life’s tough that way!

Behind every door is someone waiting to be offended, if not for themselves, then selflessly, (OOBOO), offended on behalf of others.