RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

10 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

image.png

You see as lot of rubbish as times on all sorts of forums but the one below is right up there in the bitter and twisted division re Lazarus

hunterthepunter

• hunterthepunter
  • Members
  • 433 posts
11 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes a bit strange the he is that he is the only journo in the know!

he is a one eyed journo only interested in reporting on one Canterbury stable a real tosser

Do you think someone should tell this clown , whoever he is,  that D Mac is a consultant to Purdon barn which is probably why he writes stories on their webpage.:rcf-sad-4:

6 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

I know JJ right, hence why him an his mates aint welcome here anymore......a write up in herald says that Laz's connections got some decision makin to do now, so I guess it's watch this space.....

Cheers Iraklis

I did not know he used to post here. He seems to say a lot of stupid things as if he does not understand whats actually going on. He appears  to have issues with Purdon barn as well , whats that all about.

JJ mate, that lot have issues rangin across the board, but basically they suffer from jealousitis :rcfe-smile: can't stand the success of AllStars, that's all.....quite alot of em used to post here but basically abused the priviledge hence they no longer welcome here, most of the regulars in here had run ins with em all at one time or another, it just became ridiculous, since Scoobs has cleaned house there have been alot of people comin back and we also have newbies now as well......

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

JJ mate, that lot have issues rangin across the board, but basically they suffer from jealousitis :rcfe-smile: can't stand the success of AllStars, that's all.....quite alot of em used to post here but basically abused the priviledge hence they no longer welcome here, most of the regulars in here had run ins with em all at one time or another, it just became ridiculous, since Scoobs has cleaned house there have been alot of people comin back and we also have newbies now as well......

Cheers Iraklis

Cheers  Iraklis,  why anyone would want to bag a successful trainer /driver is beyond me so jealousy must be the reason. They have just run the Tri in a maiden race at Kaikoura and are bound to have some sort of say in the Cup.

7 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You see as lot of rubbish as times on all sorts of forums but the one below is right up there in the bitter and twisted division re Lazarus

hunterthepunter

• hunterthepunter
  • Members
  • 433 posts

he is a one eyed journo only interested in reporting on one Canterbury stable a real tosser

Do you think someone should tell this clown , whoever he is,  that D Mac is a consultant to Purdon barn which is probably why he writes stories on their webpage.:rcf-sad-4:

I see that Basil has sorted this silly idiot out re Dave McCarthy but now 2 other clowns have joined in. Brodie de dah why am i restricted and Flagship i love to bag everything RC.Having a crack as usual about Iraklis unique style

They seem to spend an awful lot of time over here and then re-quoting posts

JJ mate, gawd I'm bankin on AllStars to successfully defend our NZ Cup, without The Mighty Laz, TigerT and Bull could easily run rampant in it this year, so I'm hopin like hell that MarkP cranks up Machete, The Dream and Co, to put up a mighty defence against the raiders from over the ditch :rcfe-happy-2: I don't care who gets it just so long as its a Kiwi......yep, I saw that AllStars are firin at Kaikoura long may they reign, I love watchin their horses when they come North they just present them so well, you just know your gunna see summit when they run......hey did yuh see, me fav Trotter the mighty Spur won the Trot yeh boy! he's on track for Cup week....

Hey! Tony H, Barry P, n Reido, crank those Northerners up guys lets be havin a good showin from us up here this year in The Cup  :rcfe-like:

Newmarket, cracks me up cos they say they're so full on over there, buuuuttttt, holy shit they're over here mostly WTFs with that???    LOL

See Scoobs, now we know who's sites best, they gotta come here for their news and views, and they'll be bustin a gut that they can't even post here LMAO well done Scoobs

Cheers Iraklis

PS. actually Newmarket I try not to give them much air time in here at all.....

The AS team was certainly on fire today and no matter what the naysayers say isn't Mark Purdon the ultimate professional both on and off the track. Just tells it like it is and was quite succinct about the 3 he had in the maiden which they trifectered. You get the impression they wont be top notches and for punters thats good bully going forward

Lazarus still had blood and mucus in his lungs. IMO when he first got sick, they should have shut him down until he had gotten over it. We know he's a champion but this they way it has worked out has not helped his cause with American people who wanted to send their mares to him.

Somehow we can hope that they decide to race him next year to restore he reputation. He has nothing to prove to Kiwi's but he does to those over here and having lived here for 29 years, he does. I think he's an amazing horse to have run as well as he did.

http://ustrottingnews.com/lazarus-n-scopes-sick/

“I was done at the half,” said Yannick Gingras. “I knew as soon as I got to the lead he was done.”

Post race analysis immediately following his disappointing Breeders Crown showing revealed mucus and blood in the lungs for Lazarus N.

According to trainer Jimmy Takter, the high SAA (Serum Amylord A) test which resulted in his removal from the Dan Rooney at Yonkers on International Trot Day never did normalize and the infection remained in his system.

That explains it.

Oh thanks so much for that Timbo, on the bright side glad it was the flu (nothin more serious) on the other hand.....well, dunno bout the rest of you guys, but I would've thought better of his 'new owners' Taylormade stallions (who all got their 15mins of fame at Laz's expense) and more, especially his hall of fame trainer 'Jim Takter' what the f*** were they all thinkin, no way will I believe that they all didn't know he was still sick, Takter obviously had a vet check done (blood drawn etc info wouldve all been in there beforehand, if vet was worth his salt) to determine if as he stated in his interview with MickG he was ok etc, you bloody lot could've damaged him irreparably internally doin that to him! what the hell were you thinkin? yuh oughta be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!!! :rcf-angry-2: un-f*****-believable!!!

Scoobs, you were bang on the button, bunch of money hungry mongrels! all at the expense of an exceptional horse, these don't come along all the fricken time how bloody dare they, I'm disgusted by all of em.....Poor Laz he tried so hard and they were so bloody dumb arse, Jim Takter Mr Hall Of Fame trainer you above all are SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE HORSES BEST INTERESTS AT HEART! yeh whatever?  :rcf-angry-4: have a good look at yourself pal! one thing I do know MarkP would never have done that to our Champ! never!

Sorry guys but that bullshit fricken gets my back up hard!!!! These are all so called horseman? WTF not even!...MarkP is a horseman and could show them more than a thing or two about how to care for a CHAMPION RACEHORSE.....here's alittle bit of advice to Takter and the other goons....PUT THE CHAMP ASIDE! LET HIM FULLY (that includes a thorough scopin beforehand duhh) HEAL UP! BRING HIM BACK NEXT YEAR! AND HE WILL (if he sees fit to cos if I was him I wouldn't) GIVE YOU WHAT YOU FRICKEN DON'T DESERVE!!!!! COS one thing our Champ has is heart, tonz of heart! You better bloody believe it......shitsakes!!!

Hey Tim, Basil Dean was Champion trotter loved watchin him race :rcfe-like:

Iraklis

PS. yeh ay Scoobs I saw that interview, ah to Takter an mates, the trick is to have horse scoped before the fricken race and SCRATCH him if he aint right!!!! duhhhhhhh

That's right Scoobs, Takter lied all over the place, that interview with Mick is gunna haunt him, he and the owners knew, they had to have; and they never gave an f***** shit! well they have animal welfare over there too you know, our Champ aint no mug, but that don't say much for his new owners and his fricken 'hall of fame trainer'.....beggars belief, rank friggin amateurs

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Oh thanks so much for that Timbo, on the bright side glad it was the flu (nothin more serious) on the other hand.....well, dunno bout the rest of you guys, but I would've thought better of his 'new owners' Taylormade stallions (who all got their 15mins of fame at Laz's expense) and more, especially his hall of fame trainer 'Jim Takter' what the f*** were they all thinkin, no way will I believe that they all didn't know he was still sick, Takter obviously had a vet check done (blood drawn etc info wouldve all been in there beforehand, if vet was worth his salt) to determine if as he stated in his interview with MickG he was ok etc, you bloody lot could've damaged him irreparably internally doin that to him! what the hell were you thinkin? yuh oughta be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!!! :rcf-angry-2: un-f*****-believable!!!

Scoobs, you were bang on the button, bunch of money hungry mongrels! all at the expense of an exceptional horse, these don't come along all the fricken time how bloody dare they, I'm disgusted by all of em.....Poor Laz he tried so hard and they were so bloody dumb arse, Jim Takter Mr Hall Of Fame trainer you above all are SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE HORSES BEST INTERESTS AT HEART! yeh whatever?  :rcf-angry-4: have a good look at yourself pal! one thing I do know MarkP would never have done that to our Champ! never!

Sorry guys but that bullshit fricken gets my back up hard!!!! These are all so called horseman? WTF not even!...MarkP is a horseman and could show them more than a thing or two about how to care for a CHAMPION RACEHORSE.....here's alittle bit of advice to Takter and the other goons....PUT THE CHAMP ASIDE! LET HIM FULLY (that includes a thorough scopin beforehand duhh) HEAL UP! BRING HIM BACK NEXT YEAR! AND HE WILL (if he sees fit to cos if I was him I wouldn't) GIVE YOU WHAT YOU FRICKEN DON'T DESERVE!!!!! COS one thing our Champ has is heart, tonz of heart! You better bloody believe it......shitsakes!!!

Hey Tim, Basil Dean was Champion trotter loved watchin him race :rcfe-like:

Iraklis

PS. yeh ay Scoobs I saw that interview, ah to Takter an mates, the trick is to have horse scoped before the fricken race and SCRATCH him if he aint right!!!! duhhhhhhh

Yeah, seems like it was yesterday not 34 years ago, LOL.

He had 3 bad legs. Didn't race until he was 6.  Then lost a bunch of time when he had the broken splint bone. He had incredible heart and lungs.  When they gelded him as 2yo, he got the injection and stood there and had to be given another shot to go down. Then before the vet was finished, he woke up.  Had he had 4 good legs, he would have won 3 times the races IMO but I am biased of course. He actually could beat most pacers. If you may remember, he broke Lord Module's NZ Record fo 3:15.5 when he went 15.3.

What's it cost to train one over there now?

Yeh Timbo, good on you for your bias :rcfe-happy-2:  BasilD had the misfortune to be racin at the time when my personal fav, mighty mare Tussle (she was one of the ones responsible for my addiction to Harness Racin) was runnin all over everyone, little mare but huge in attitude as any racin then, then there was Jenner and Sir Castleton (my mums fav) to contend with, Basil's sister Phyliss Hadley was alright too......not to sure what costs are these days but I reckon someone else in here would probably know.......ahh, but those were the days ay :rcfe-like:

Cheers Iraklis

Here we go guys just found this online:  yeh whatever is all I can say, he knewThe Champ was sick and shouldn't have raced.....  cheers Iraklis

Jimmy Takter: Lazarus N bled in Crown final

Return Home
October 30, 2018 | Print View

Trainer Jimmy Takter told harnessracing.com Tuesday morning that post-race tests revealed Lazarus N bled during last Saturday's $430,000 Breeders Crown Open Pace at The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono.

Driven by Yannick Gingras, Lazarus N battled to the lead before reaching the half in :55.2, but after yielding to eventual winner McWicked, he backed through the field and finished last in the eight-horse field, beaten 19 1/4 lengths.

Without eliminations necessary for the Open Pace, Lazarus N came into the race having not raced since finishing second to McWicked in the Allerage Farm Pace on Oct. 6 at The Red Mile. Lazarus N had been scheduled to start in the $250,000 Dan Rooney Invitational on Oct. 13 at Yonkers Raceway, but he was scratched "sick" by Takter.

Takter said prior to the Breeders Crown that Lazarus N had been on antibiotics, but all signs indicated the 6-year-old pacer was 100 percent heading into Saturday's contest.

"We thought we had everything under control, but at the same token, the antibiotics kind of covered everything," said Takter. "In hindsight you'd say we shouldn't have raced him, but in hindsight we are all the best quarterbacks.

"He had never bled before. He didn't bleed because he is a bleeder, he bled because he was fighting a virus. And that's so sad. This was the race we were aiming for."

Billed as the "Wonder from Down Under" after a spectacular career racing in New Zealand and Australia, Lazarus N was purchased by Taylor Made Stallions and sent to Takter in June. In his first North American race in early August at Hoosier Park, Lazarus N won the $325,000 Dan Patch in 1:48.4. Over his next four starts he won once—the $177,000 Hoosier Park Pacing Derby—and finished second three times.

Including his Crown paycheck of $4,300, Lazarus N amassed $404,545 in his six North American starts, bringing his career total to $3,070,095. The son of Bettor's Delight has won 37 of his 51 starts, with his Crown finish only the second time he was worse than third.

"He came to me when it was hot here and he had his winter coat on," said Takter. "The poor guy really never had a 100 percent chance to show what a great horse he was. Twice he got sick on me. Overall, I am proud of the horse and thought he did really well. He's just a great, great horse. We need that character of a horse in our sport here."

Takter said no decision has yet been made on Lazarus N's future and whether he will head to stallion duty or return to the racetrack in 2019. Or maybe both.

"I think they'll put him a stud, but he could do double duty," said Takter.

Although Lazarus N needed a win in the Crown final to earn a ticket to the TVG final on Nov. 24 at the Meadowlands, Takter will still have a starter in Pure Country in the Mare Pace. Pure Country finished third in last Saturday's Crown final and the 5-year-old Somebeachsomewhere mare with more than $2.4 million in earnings will be making her final career start in the TVG.

In addition to Takter and Pure Country, also retiring from the barn are the standout female trotters Manchego and Ariana G.

This Jimmy whatsname trainer has not done the champ any justice. Is he dumb, stupid or under strict instructions from the owners? 

I find it incredible and beyond belief that none of the new connections, trainer included, contacted Mark Purdon and discussed Laz's routines or preferences post sale to the US. But this is what happened (or didn't happen), and these know it alls got what they deserved. More money than sense. 

Hi Rusty, yes I read MarkP's comments on AllStars website re Lazarus, even he was gob smacked by what he saw and is clearly gutted for The Champ too......owners or no, Takter was/is Laz's trainer and as such his responsibility was to the horse - his fitness/soundness to run in that damned race, or any race for that matter......you can't race a dead horse, but it wasn't for want of tryin, not bad from a Hall Of Fame trainer, what a joke....but actually Rusty it wasn't about Laz's likes n dislikes etc so to speak, this was a simple matter of a really sick horse who just needed some frickn time out to heal.....and didn't get it! we just have to hope that any damage internally isn't long lasting and he can get back to his old self soon.......

Cheers Iraklis

On 10/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Newmarket said:

I see that Basil has sorted this silly idiot out re Dave McCarthy but now 2 other clowns have joined in. Brodie de dah why am i restricted and Flagship i love to bag everything RC.Having a crack as usual about Iraklis unique style

They seem to spend an awful lot of time over here and then re-quoting posts

Im, sure he doesn't play with the full deck he makes some erroneous statements fueled on hate of successful trainers. I used to get a bit of humour from his literacy skills or lack of them he never turned spellcheck on.

12 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

Im, sure he doesn't play with the full deck he makes some erroneous statements fueled on hate of successful trainers. I used to get a bit of humour from his literacy skills or lack of them he never turned spellcheck on.

He loves Nigel and hes not traveling to good at the moment compared to team AS. Ignoring him is probably good advice

13 minutes ago, TimTimTimbo said:

https://standardbredcanada.ca/notices/11-2-18/lazarus-stand-stud-2019.html

Lazarus Standing in New Jersey 2019

I guess that was jis last race then.  Shame to go out like that

Sad he was never given a chance to be the the REAL LAZARUS.... very poorly managed in my humble opinion.:rcfe-clown: