RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

34 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Oh ho guys The Champ is racin Sat, here's the field:       check out whose in there with him at no.4   :rcfe-happy-2:

RACE 8 - The Red Mile - KY - October 6, 2018

THE ALLERAGE FARMS OPEN ENTRY FEE $2,500 SUPPLEMENT $21,100 **DETENTION BARN 15 BY FRIDAY 4:00 PM**

Gait: Pace     Purse: $179,000     Class: ALLERAGE     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 3:13 PM

1 McwickedL               14  7  3  2  1:48.3F  $964364          Brian Sears Casie Coleman  

2 All Bets OffL             16  2  0  2  1:48.0M  $135703        Chris Page Ron Burke  

3 Rockin RonL              21  5  5  3  1:50.1H  $482155        Yannick Gingras Ron Burke  

4 Heaven Rocks A
  FOR: 4 1-1-1 $93163L 6  2  2  0  1:49.3F  $82211(i)        David Miller Ross Croghan  

5 Lazarus N
  FOR: 5 2-1-1 $289613 4  2  2  0  Q1:48.3M  $355495(i)  Yannick Gingras Jimmy Takter  

6 Filibuster HanoverL 14  5  2  3  1:48.3F  $467911          Matt Kakaley Ron Burke  

7 Dr J HanoverL          17  5  2  2  1:49.4S  $185786          Brett Miller Tony Alagna  

8 Split The HouseL     11  2  2  3  1:49.0F  $321006          Andrew McCarthy Chris Oakes  

9 Western Fame          21  5  3  2  1:48.4F  $259252         Brett Miller Jimmy Takter  

10 Donttellmeagain   13  5  4  1  1:47.2M  $368851        Tim Tetrick Jim King Jr

WOOHOO!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!! The Mighty Champ!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

From that draw, the 1 horse will be awfully hard to beat

FarTooMuch mate, The Champ can do it keep the faith :rcfe-happy-2: he'll be ready to rock, JimmyT will be certain of that, oh hey The Laz has a battle on his his hands but he's tough and hes brave.....but what a race for The Rocks to be returnin into whoar it should be a rippa, and personally, if they have sorted The Rocks issues out, and he comes out firin, he's the one I hold most fears for.....

Cheers Iraklis

lets hope for a 1,46 or better. mcwicked and heaven rocks have a war then laz sets world record. Only a dream but could be poss. Before Scoob gets confused (lol) the race will be run NZ time on Sunday 7.10.18 at 8.13 am . (nz have moved to daylight sav. but Kentucky has not until November they then fall back 1hr) 

55 minutes ago, john legend said:

lets hope for a 1,46 or better. mcwicked and heaven rocks have a war then laz sets world record. Only a dream but could be poss. Before Scoob gets confused (lol) the race will be run NZ time on Sunday 7.10.18 at 8.13 am . (nz have moved to daylight sav. but Kentucky has not until November they then fall back 1hr) 

You are you hoping for a sub 1.46 to claim the world record currently held by Always B Mikki at the same venue. Whilst anything is a possibility to break that you would need 2 or 3 going to war out front and i cant see that happening this weekend. Hope im wrong though.

Hey guys, I'd be happy just to see The Champ home 1st, time right now aint the be all for me, just lets see Laz home at the head of em all and he gets thru race ok.....but hey if he's up and at em, ready to rock a mighty time then so be it, I'd settle for an equalizer to 1.46, I can see McWicked goin for broke from that draw, but there's others close in that ain't gunna gift it to him, Laz is tough and he won't lay down either, his trainer & connections are on a big mish with him, this race is another step along the way, its gunna be summit, oh yeh!!!.....  :rcf-happy-7:

Cheers Iraklis

Yeh Ivan, so what have we seen so far?.....everythin we've seen so far would suggest The Champ by 3 lengths or more, he's been set for a big one who's to say it aint now......

Red Mile: Lazarus looks to get on a roll in Allerage

Lazarus_head_4.JPG
Derick Giwner
Lazarus has a 4-2-2-0 record in four North American starts.

Driver Yannick Gingras would seem to be under immense pressure given he’s been chosen to drive Lazarus since his arrival in North America. Yet the sport’s top driver doesn’t feel that way.

“I think there’s more pressure on Jimmy (Takter),” Gingras said Wednesday. “I think the hype surrounding this horse has made expectations go through the roof, but the horse is a great horse.”

On Saturday afternoon at The Red Mile, Lazarus will make another well-hyped appearance in the Allerage Farms event for open pacers. Again he’ll meet what people have come to accept as his rival in McWicked among others in a solid field of 10 going for $179,000.

“The horse had to change hemispheres and I think what he’s done has been impressive,” said Gingras of Lazarus, “I think with more time to acclimate he’ll be even better.”

While time has been short and expectations have been high, Lazarus has still captured a pair of major stakes races in his four North American appearances and hasn’t raced poorly in his two defeats.

The challenge this week is perhaps a little different in that just winning as opposed to breaking records is paramount. The challenge was made a bit more intense with McWicked landing the pole position in the field, though Lazarus will leave from post five.

The two met most recently in the Hoosier Park Pacing Derby on September 21 where Lazarus went to the front and stayed there scoring in 1:48 4/5 by a neck over McWicked, with Donttellmeagain not far back in third.

McWicked defeated Lazarus in the Canadian Pacing Derby by going first over but in both his losses he had the benefit or impediment of cover, depending on which side of the fence you are sitting.

The Allerage has other horses that could play a role in upending the two obvious favorites and Donttellmeagain, fresh off a wicked trip in Dayton’s Pacing Derby, is certainly a player. The 4-year-old has blossomed this year for trainer Jim King Jr. and despite landing post 10 on Saturday, has the versatility to be in the hunt. Tim Tetrick will be in the bike as usual.

Cheers Iraklis

1 minute ago, Iraklis said:

Gawd he tried, see the ground he made up and at one point 4 wide he's nearly there ay Timbo, nearly :rcfe-happy-2:

Cheers Iraklis

Yeah Mate, I still think he's a run short. He got back a bit and I think had he been a little closer he would have been better taking it to them. It was a great run though. The owners said before the race that he will be racing in the Breeders Crown and then maybe one more race and then off to stud.  These Sweet Lou's and Captaintreacherous first crops are outstanding

1 minute ago, john legend said:

if the positions were reversed laz may have broken the 1.46 record. Tremendous effort by Lazarus. .Next time

Yes I think he will be better next time. The Breeders Crown is at Pocono which is a 1000m but that track is lightning fast.

Good to see the All Blacks get up in final seconds. Don't get a lot of rugby over here.

Guys The Champ can do this and when he's fully fightin fit and ready to rock lookout :rcfe-smile: great to see The Rocks out there and truckin boy just wish they could get him sorted cos he could be anything too......

Cheers Iraklis

Jimmy T is very happy with the Champ: read twitter response......  :rcfe-smile:                   

Jimmy Takter‏ @JimmyTakter

I am extremely proud of Lazarus performance outside two turns and make up half a length on Mc wicked in the stretch amazing horse

12:57 PM - 6 Oct 2018

Mark Herlihy‏ @HerlihyRacing 2h2 hours ago

Replying to @JimmyTakter

Raced huge @JimmyTakter you have done an amazing job with him #championtrainedbyalegend

Cheers Iraklis

for future red mile racing ,, anyone know how nzers can get live racing.... tried everything but nothing worked. I have been able to get every other track on eastern seaboard with live or delayed coverage for free... but maybe red mile for payng customers only (tried to join usta but they wanted my social security number and winstons card not good enough.lol.)