RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

I cant believe they are going again NEXT WEEKEND....

Lazarus back on top in the United States... where he belongs

LAZARUS’ North American career is back on target after a powerhouse display to beat a hot field in the $US177,000 Group 1 Indiana Pacing Derby at Hoosier Park.

CAN LAZARUS ACTUALLY DO A LAZARUS? 

It was a crunch race for the former Kiwi champion after consecutive defeats in Canada took the gloss of his breathtaking North America debut win, also at Hoosier Park, last month.

Trainer Jimmy Takter praised Lazarus’ courage after saying pre-race the entire was “about 90 per cent right” and taking on the best open-class pacers in North America.

“He’s still got improvement there for sure. He’s going to need more racing. It’s amazing what he can do off a short preparation so I’ll take him to the Dayton Park Derby next weekend as well now,” Takter said.

“That was a big win when you take everything into account. I said before the race he was about 90 per cent right and he had to dig very deep in the stretch (home straight). I’m very proud of what he did.”

c49b87c351c643f589d55b4cd72a3adf?width=6
Lazarus has returned to the winners’ list in the United States with a neck victory. Picture: Stuart McCormick

Lazarus, much like he did winning when last at Hoosier Park, worked from a wide draw (gate six) and found the lead, but after a slick 26.0sec opening quarter.

Driver Yannick Gingras dictated the terms through the middle stages, mindful of a strong headwind down the back straight and also of the his main danger, McWicked, had a perfect one-one trail.

“He just about felt as good tonight as when he won the Dan Patch (his North American debut win). That was a brave effort because he worked hard for the first quarter,” Gingras said.

“He felt really strong on the corner (home bend), but I knew he’d get tired late. He knew they were coming at him and kept digging in. He fought it right out tonight.”

Lazarus held-on to beat McWicked by a neck in 1min48.8sec mile and ripped home his last quarter in 25.8sec.

Lazarus’ win took his North American record to two wins and two seconds from just four starts and gives him a 2-1 advantage over McWicked, who many believe was North American’s benchmark open-class star before Lazarus arrived there.

Hey Scoobs, guys I think I recall somewhere last year MarkP sayin that 'Laz needs racin (the competition of) to keep him on his toes' matchfit, perhaps this next race is part of it, he's definitely on the improve one maybe two more runs should top him off....guess we have to trust that JimmyT and the team know a bit, and given his future, I doubt that they would do anything that might cause our (I don't care he's been sold, he is and will always be one of our fav sons to go to US) Champ harm......look at his face, and eye, while he was finishin out the race the other day, he was on! he knew that other horse was there he just did what he had to do, even tho tired he kept truckin, he'll be bloody dangerous in the weeks to come, and ready to do battle bigtime, :rcfe-like: I can't wait.....

Cheers Iraklis

In the herald online today.....cool news

Lazarus improves to two wins from four starts in North America

24 Sep, 2018 5:00am
3 minutes to read
Lazarus is now being aimed at the US$150,000 Dayton Pacing Derby in Ohio. Photo / Dean Gillette
Lazarus is now being aimed at the US$150,000 Dayton Pacing Derby in Ohio. Photo / Dean Gillette

The man with the best seat in the house says Lazarus can get better even after he downed many of North America's best pacers again over the weekend.

The former Kiwi pacing hero led throughout in the Hoosier Park Pacing Derby to hold out his new arch rival McWicked in the Indiana race on Saturday afternoon (NZ time).

In a near replay of his US debut four starts ago, Lazarus showed blistering gate speed and led and while he didn't have much in reserve at the line he had done all the work early and into a strong wind down the back straight to stop the clock at 1:48.8

That victory takes Lazarus's record to two wins and two seconds in four North American starts and while he is already beating the best free-for-allers up there, driver Yannick Gingras says Lazarus can go faster. And will need to.

"After having a virus a few weeks ago I am sure he is still getting back to his best," said Gingras. "He felt good but he can feel better still. He really is a very, very good horse.

"He looks like having some pretty regular racing coming up in the next six weeks and that should see him improve even more."

Lazarus is now being aimed at the US$150,000 Dayton Pacing Derby in Ohio on Friday night (Saturday NZ time), although Gingras was not sure whether a start there was certain.

But the 6-year-old has already been transferred to Kentucky where he will be based not only for the Dayton Derby but the feature open class mile at the lightning fast Red Mile track on October 6.

While Lazarus was embellishing his reputation in the US the last horse to nearly beat him in New Zealand, Dream About Me, made a long-overdue return to the winner's circle in the Hannon Memorial at Oamaru yesterday.

Cheers Iraklis

5 hours ago, Iraklis said:

In the herald online today.....cool news

Lazarus improves to two wins from four starts in North America

24 Sep, 2018 5:00am
3 minutes to read

The man with the best seat in the house says Lazarus can get better even after he downed many of North America's best pacers again over the weekend.

The former Kiwi pacing hero led throughout in the Hoosier Park Pacing Derby to hold out his new arch rival McWicked in the Indiana race on Saturday afternoon (NZ time).

In a near replay of his US debut four starts ago, Lazarus showed blistering gate speed and led and while he didn't have much in reserve at the line he had done all the work early and into a strong wind down the back straight to stop the clock at 1:48.8

That victory takes Lazarus's record to two wins and two seconds in four North American starts and while he is already beating the best free-for-allers up there, driver Yannick Gingras says Lazarus can go faster. And will need to.

"After having a virus a few weeks ago I am sure he is still getting back to his best," said Gingras. "He felt good but he can feel better still. He really is a very, very good horse.

"He looks like having some pretty regular racing coming up in the next six weeks and that should see him improve even more."

Lazarus is now being aimed at the US$150,000 Dayton Pacing Derby in Ohio on Friday night (Saturday NZ time), although Gingras was not sure whether a start there was certain.

But the 6-year-old has already been transferred to Kentucky where he will be based not only for the Dayton Derby but the feature open class mile at the lightning fast Red Mile track on October 6.

While Lazarus was embellishing his reputation in the US the last horse to nearly beat him in New Zealand, Dream About Me, made a long-overdue return to the winner's circle in the Hannon Memorial at Oamaru yesterday.

Cheers Iraklis

I shudder to think what time he would run at the Red mile, the fastest track i have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

FarTooMuch mate I am so jealous you lucky bugga :rcfe-like: yeh I was thinkin just that after I read the above, what time is he likely to be capable of when fully match fit whoarrrr.......what sorta track is it big? small? tight corners etc etc etc

Cheers Iraklis

19 hours ago, Iraklis said:

FarTooMuch mate I am so jealous you lucky bugga :rcfe-like: yeh I was thinkin just that after I read the above, what time is he likely to be capable of when fully match fit whoarrrr.......what sorta track is it big? small? tight corners etc etc etc

Cheers Iraklis

The times are phenomenal even for lesser graded horses. That said Always B Mikki holds the US record for fastest ever mile at 1.46 flat Track is one mile and surface is a reddish clay although that's not how its got its name as its located on Red Mile Road in the smallish town of Lexington and is literally surrounded by TB activities.

The facilities cater for all pockets and pre races on a Sunday a big crowd turns up to bet on all the gallops meetings around  US. Beer and food is really well priced

Yes Iraklis. seems a bit tough making Laz sit on 1st em. He would start against  an old foe Bit of a Legend and the dreaded McWicked. so no gimme at Dayton raceway Ohio.In some ways thinking long term a week off maybe beneficial.(they d0 seem a bit anxious to recoup his purchase price as soon as.... now won $355000 US.)but what would I know ?:rcfe-clown:

I know JL, thought that was bit rough not like the Champ is a mug :rolleyes: I don't think The Champ have need of any fear of McWicked or any of the others for that matter, he only just beat him and Laz was sick.....maybe The Laz was only a late entry this weekend in the hopes of gainin a start, now he's back on track health wise.....personally I don't think its a case of recoupin purchase price , hell they'll get that back later in stud fees :) my feelin is it's gettin him to the level of match fitness he needs to take on the big races they got lined up later.....and that fast Mile time

Cheers Iraklis

No Scoobs, he never made field, he was 1st Em on list, so no start for the Champ today....all good, as JL said, week off could just be the medicine he needs he may just be not quite right yet, you can trust that when he does start next he should be cherry :rcf-happy-7: I concur with JL if JimmyT wanted him in that field he'd be in there......

Cheers Iraklis

Heres results from todays Dayton Derby : new track record 1.47.4 won by Don't Tell Me Again 1st, from Western Fame 2nd, and McWicked 3rd, whoar!!! they didn't shag about congrats JimmyT for his 2nd placing......wowee

Cheers Iraklis

On 9/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, Iraklis said:

Heres results from todays Dayton Derby : new track record 1.47.4 won by Don't Tell Me Again 1st, from Western Fame 2nd, and McWicked 3rd, whoar!!! they didn't shag about congrats JimmyT for his 2nd placing......wowee

Cheers Iraklis

And now just for you I man , they have moved south as of last Sunday

" Grand Circuit action continues at The Red Mile on Thursday, Oct. 4 with divisions of the $350,000 est. International Stallion Stakes for two-year-old colt and gelding trotters. First-race post Thursday will be at 1:00 p.m. (EDT). "

Oh ho guys The Champ is racin Sat, here's the field:       check out whose in there with him at no.4   :rcfe-happy-2:

RACE 8 - The Red Mile - KY - October 6, 2018

THE ALLERAGE FARMS OPEN ENTRY FEE $2,500 SUPPLEMENT $21,100 **DETENTION BARN 15 BY FRIDAY 4:00 PM**

Gait: Pace     Purse: $179,000     Class: ALLERAGE     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 3:13 PM

1 McwickedL               14  7  3  2  1:48.3F  $964364          Brian Sears Casie Coleman  

2 All Bets OffL             16  2  0  2  1:48.0M  $135703        Chris Page Ron Burke  

3 Rockin RonL              21  5  5  3  1:50.1H  $482155        Yannick Gingras Ron Burke  

4 Heaven Rocks A
  FOR: 4 1-1-1 $93163L 6  2  2  0  1:49.3F  $82211(i)        David Miller Ross Croghan  

5 Lazarus N
  FOR: 5 2-1-1 $289613 4  2  2  0  Q1:48.3M  $355495(i)  Yannick Gingras Jimmy Takter  

6 Filibuster HanoverL 14  5  2  3  1:48.3F  $467911          Matt Kakaley Ron Burke  

7 Dr J HanoverL          17  5  2  2  1:49.4S  $185786          Brett Miller Tony Alagna  

8 Split The HouseL     11  2  2  3  1:49.0F  $321006          Andrew McCarthy Chris Oakes  

9 Western Fame          21  5  3  2  1:48.4F  $259252         Brett Miller Jimmy Takter  

10 Donttellmeagain   13  5  4  1  1:47.2M  $368851        Tim Tetrick Jim King Jr

WOOHOO!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!! The Mighty Champ!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis