RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

On 9/17/2018 at 1:02 AM, Lee270744 said:

Has the trainer got any ability and has he trained a decent horse?

Hes forgotten more than the rest of us combined Lee.Put another way

" But Takter, the Hall of Fame trainer "

They dont give that accolade to many in USA

FarTooMuch mate I think Lee was speakin tongue in cheek in reply to my post questioning why Laz was run in such a race, what was point etc etc.....I understand The Champ needs more racin the way they do over there, then there's the virus and acclimatization thing, but heck I'm feelin he's down to a 'must win' situation now; not a great position to come from, to save his future career....it all had a rushed feel to it, as they're after the big ones and a fast mile time to boot I just felt stinkin for The Champ he's always a trier even when he aint well, bit hard on him MHO.....

Cheers Iraklis

Here we go guys n gals, field for Fri (Sat) race.....GOOOOOO!!!! The Mighty Laz!!!!   

Cheers Iraklis

RACE 11 - Hoosier Park - IN - September 21, 2018

**THE HOOSIER PARK PACING DERBY** Free For All ($1500 entry fee) (make entry fee check out to Ham Society) (raceday detention PADDOCK NOON)

Gait: Pace     Purse: $177,000     Class: HP Pac Der     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 9:50 PM

PP HorseMed              2018 North America YTD Driver TrainerMLBase 

Sts W P S Time Earnings   StableOddsClaim 

1 Split The HouseL          9  2  2  3  1:49.0F  $306846  Scott Zeron Chris Oakes  

2 Western Fame              19  5  2  2  1:48.4F  $212902  Andrew McCarthy Jimmy Takter  

3 McwickedL                   12  7  2  1  1:48.3F  $902114  David Miller Casie Coleman  

4 Donttellmeagain          11  4  4  0  1:47.2M  $272611  Tim Tetrick Jim King Jr  

5 Filibuster Hanover       13  5  2  3  1:48.3F  $467911  Yannick Gingras Ron Burke  

6 Lazarus N
  FOR: 5 2-1-1 $289613   3  1  2  0  Q1:48.3M  $266995(i)  Yannick Gingras Jimmy Takter  

7 Beckhams Z TamL      12  2  1  4  1:49.0S  $114617  Ricky Macomber Jr Jamie Macomber  

8 Dealt A WinnerL          10  1  1  1  Q1:49.1M  $94062  Tim Tetrick Mark Silva  

9 All Bets OffL                14  2  0  2  1:48.0M  $123703  Matt Kakaley Ron Burke  

yes and no gimme from 6 with mcwicked inside. He will need another 1.48 I pick to win andfrom last Sunday travel and race pretty hard task.like running a miracle mile every week ! To protect their millions invested they should get someone over from NZ real quick.(even if it costs $50 k.(who knows him and not doing much at the moment}

Yup JL, however McWicked got trounced his last start too (he ran 4th) and his connections were somewhat disappointed but he's battlin a 1/4 crack, Laz may have bin bit off colour but they're sayin he felt lot better in his last race than the one before, fingers and everything crossed that can be for The Champ :rcf-happy:

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Yup JL, however McWicked got trounced his last start too (he ran 4th) and his connections were somewhat disappointed but he's battlin a 1/4 crack, Laz may have bin bit off colour but they're sayin he felt lot better in his last race than the one before, fingers and everything crossed that can be for The Champ :rcf-happy:

Cheers Iraklis

Clearly he was still down on his best last start. 

The thing with viruses is that a horse can seem perfectly normal and it is only when the pressure really goes on at the business end of a race that you find out if they are still suffering from the effects of the illness.

If he turns up in the form he was in when he won the Dan Patch he should be winning this.   

Yes Lamour, a vet mate told me sometime ago that the only way to see how a horse is doin (re virus recovery) is to run em, but on the positive side they're (his new connections) feelin pretty good about Fri race so here's hopin the gods are watchin over The Champ :rcf-happy-7:

Cheers Iraklis

Thanks Iraklis, for updates.One point that I thnk maybe need clarification is the comments last week that Laz was on Lasix. This appears to be false. There are 2 lists where meds appear issued by the track and  a sep one by the national body .In one last week it had the L alongside but the other did not . USTA have not got him listed so i assume he is not nor has he been on Lasix. ? The Wonder from Down Under....maybe lets hope on saturday (1.50pm)no more wondering.

Nada wurries JL :rcfe-smile: yeh I noticed that too re the Lasix, I think twas more a 'typo' than anything, I am goin to hold to 'The Wonder From Down Under' we must stay positive.....I scan as many sites as I can for info since Lazzies trainers website is so far out of date, his last listed item under news is 2014 huh?! I know one of his owners was somewhat disappointed with The Champs last run but Takter and Yannick were quite happy, so here's hopin Laz has come thru that virus etc and is ready to rock......GOOOOOO!!! THE CHAMP!!!!!!!

I'm with you and your thoughts JL 'GET MARK OVER THERE' hehehe I mean there was talk of Mark goin over there bit later for his bigger races, sod that get him there now I say..... :rcf-happy:

Cheers Iraklis

Here's excerpt........    

Coleman was not the only one that was a bit perplexed by the performance of her horse, as Duncan Taylor was not exactly satisfied with Lazarus N’s two starts at Woodbine Mohawk Park.

After a stellar U.S. debut where the six-year-old New Zealand star defeated McWicked in the $325,000 Dan Patch Invitational at Hoosier Park on August 10, Lazarus N was second to that rival in the $462,000 Canadian Pacing Derby at Woodbine Mohawk Park on Sept. 1. The horse then finished in the same position behind Nirvana Seelster over the same surface in a $26,180 Preferred on September 15 after a first-over journey.

“I was a little disappointed with what happened in Canada,” said Duncan Taylor, who owns the horse with his brothers as Taylor Made Stallions. “The first race Jimmy (Takter, his trainer) said he came out of it sick, and Yannick (Gingras, his driver) said he knew at the half-mile point he wasn’t himself. In the second race, Yannick was much happier with him, although he didn’t win. He said he felt much better and there was a large improvement from the first race.

“Jimmy felt the same way and said we should send him back out to Hoosier Park. As with anything all we can do is see what happens, but Jimmy and Yannick both think he is ready for the race in Indiana.”

Cheers Iraklis

Go the mighty Lazarus. In USA they take thehorses for courses theory to new levels so a return to Hoosier their big chance. Laz paying  9 to 5 on (1.80) and Mcwicked 2 to 1 (2.00 ) If  no Whittakers this week letshope they find a nice paddock for him for a week or 2. many horses are raced every week over there until they runout of steam... would make even Geoff Martin sit up and take notice !!! (trains Danke over  50 starts every season )

Yeh JL I'm with you, gawd I'm so frickn nervous for The Champ, but I reckon we gotta trust in Takter if he says he needs more racin to get him experience and match fitness, then I say we gotta go with the Hall of Famer :rcfe-like: I hope he whups em, and who knows maybe he likes Hoosier its big roomy track he'll think he's back at Addington, nahh Laz too smart for that.....

GOOOOOOO!!!!! The mighty Laz!!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

16 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh JL I'm with you, gawd I'm so frickn nervous for The Champ, but I reckon we gotta trust in Takter if he says he needs more racin to get him experience and match fitness, then I say we gotta go with the Hall of Famer :rcfe-like: I hope he whups em, and who knows maybe he likes Hoosier its big roomy track he'll think he's back at Addington, nahh Laz too smart for that.....

GOOOOOOO!!!!! The mighty Laz!!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

I think maybe Laz is eight months away from his peak over there, those horses are tough to beat when you get a field that can 1-48 and change. This time in is a learning curve, have a spell in winter and then look out when he comes back. He allready has  stud duties in front of him on what he has done and his very good breeding.  Racing him over there is getting the USA breeders to go to him hopefully and the times he runs will set his stud fee, be it this year or next. Like us, the USA also is crying out for different bloodlines as both counties are breeding  into a funnel so to speak. Laz has our best in his pedigree with BD and CC and in saying that, there are a lot of girls out there with both as their gran dams, food for thought there alone or too much of a good thing, only time will tell. Good luck today, win or loose, your still great in my eyes and I just happen to own three mares.

Ran not too bad but he's gonna have to go better to win the Breeders Crown. Getting tired at end but probably needs a few more runs to be at his best. If I remember he ran his last quarter in 25 4/5 and those other two ran their last quarter a little quicker.

His last few runs he has run a slow 2nd quarter and knowing Gingras and Jimmy, when he's fully fit he will not be going a slow second quarter. It will be hammer down and I think Lazarus is better if he goes a goes a better than 54 first half

The Red Mile is way quicker than this track. About 3 years ago I watched the filly Mission Brief trot in 1:50 and change when she was 2 years old.

Haven't been on this site for years but I'm a Kiwi living in US.

Edited by TimTimTimbo
Spelling

Just now, TimTimTimbo said:

Ran not too bad but he's gonna have to go better to win the Breeders Crown. Getting tired at end but probably needs a few more runs to be at his best. If I remember he ran his last quarter in 25 4/5 and those other two ran their last quarter a little quick.

His last few runs he has run a slow 2nd quarter and knowing Gingras and Jimmy, when he's fully fit he will not be going a slow second quarter. It will be hammer down and I think Lazarus is better if he goes a goes a better than 54 first half

The Red Mile is way quicker than this track. About 3 years ago I watched the filly Mission Brief trot in 1:50 and change when she was 2 years old.

Haven't been on this site for years but I'm a Kiwi living in US.

Good to see you here... thanks for coming... yes he was getting tired but a win is a win is a win... they haven't missed him hope they space his runs a bit they aint machines.