RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

Lazarus is racing today Sunday in race 9 at woodbine Mowhawke Toronto Canada .start time in Canada is 10,15 pm which is 2,15 pm nz time. Lazarus is red hot fav at 3/5 on.One of main opponents is the x manawatu horse Te Kawau drawn 1. Lazarus is drawn 7. If he does not win it would be major blow and extremely unlikely. they must have considered taking him out of betting altogether.

Now why would they suddenly be runnin The Champ on lasix? hmmmmm......one thing I do know is someone needs to make contact with Jimmy T and inform him of the benefits of updatin his website :rolleyes: come on now Jimbo, tiz great place for us (fans) all to get regular updates on how he's goin etc etc....

Te Kawau has been kickin ass n takin names over there too! watched a replay of one of his wins and cheez he didn't shag about......

Cheers Iraklis

9 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Now why would they suddenly be runnin The Champ on lasix? hmmmmm......one thing I do know is someone needs to make contact with Jimmy T and inform him of the benefits of updatin his website :rolleyes: come on now Jimbo, tiz great place for us (fans) all to get regular updates on how he's goin etc etc....

Cheers Iraklis

If the others all have the benefit of it why not join the club, it makes it an even playing field then.

Scoobs mate, an old horseman once told me that you never use anything on a racehorse horse that isn't necessary, The Laz is great without it, he showed that in the Dan Patch, save for his blood bein outta whack re his last start I'm sure he woulda been fine then too.....I guess if he has suddenly become a bleeder fair enough, but there's been no word to that effect, yet?

Cheers Iraklis

I agree Dockers he didn't look good at all, 2nd is good but he had no fight at all hmmmmmm.....there was no kick there Piper like in the Dan Patch or like we know he can....I too can't for the life of me see why he was in against these horses as opposed to gun horses unless there is summit not right, could be just too soon and he needed more time who knows, I hope all is ok with him and things come right for him and his future.....

Cheers Iraklis

I hope so too Scoobs, this is startin to make him look like a mug, no offense but that race today was well, not sure what it was all about.....I watched race again, and he looked to me to be just goin through the motions, not like normal he always looks keen to run when he's on.....there's been mention before about the acclimatization they need is usually 5/6months before bein ready to rock, I know they're lookin to take in some big races soon with our Champ, but hey at what cost......

Cheers Iraklis

Take your point Lee......however I don't know that he's had anything of note for sometime, ah goin by his very 'up to date' website, in the past he's had pretty good results tho, got the necessary creds and he's lookin forward to the challenge of gettin The Laz to the top over there, and yes you gotta think if Takter says he was ready to race even tho he's only had 3 or 4 mths acclimatization etc he would know.....that said if The Champ aint right give him his time, he'll be better for it and it'll be worth the wait trust us (DownUnder) we've seen first hand, he's given them a taste of what he's got on offer re The Dan Patch so hey whats bit more time gunna matter in long run.....he'll show em, maybe just not as soon as they wanted  :rcf-happy:

Did you watch race Lee? mate there was no customary sting there! he wasn't on.....virus still lingering poss?

Cheers Iraklis

Just found this....... Cheers Iraklis

Lazarus was "good" in defeat and "will improve", says Jimmy Takter

Trots Media - Michael Guerin
16 Sep 2018
Last Updated 16 Sep 2018

8_10_18-Lazarus-NearWire.jpgIf Jimmy Takter was disappointed by Lazarus’s shock defeat in Canada today he was hiding it well.

The champion former Kiwi pacer had to settle for second in a C$34,000 free-for-all at Woodbine in Toronto, closing from fourth to second at the top of the straight but easily beaten by Nirvana Seelster.

Nirvana Seelster could manage only eighth in the Canadian Pacing Derby that Lazarus finished second in two weeks so after winning fresh up in North America three starts ago, Lazarus could appear to be tracking in the wrong direction.

But Takter, the Hall of Fame trainer entrusted with the millionaire stallion, says he was happy enough with the performance in the 1:48.2 mile.

“Obviously we would have liked to win but it is not that easy against these horses over a fast mile,” said Takter.

“We found out he had a virus after the Canadian Derby so he missed some work coming into this race which is why we decided to drive him further back rather than sending him down the road (leading).

“So for him to come from fourth to run second and pace his last half mile in 53.2 seconds was good.

"And he will improve with that. All the mile races he can have will help.”

Lazarus will now head to the US$175,000 Hoosier Park Derby in Indiana on Friday (Saturday afternoon NZ time), the track where he won the Dan Patch in his first US start last month.

The irony for Lazarus is had he started out with a performance like yesterday’s in his first North American start, progressed to a second in the Canadian Derby and won the Dan Patch he would now be rated the best pacer in North America.

But the expectations created by his magic mile fresh up in the Dan Patch last month mean that anything but a Lazarus win will be judged a failure by most racing fans.

The six-year-old gets the chance to win them back over before the week is out.

Safely through the Hoosier Park race Lazarus is still a chance to head to the super fast Red Mile in Kentucky in three weeks to chase a career best time.