RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Lazarus

On 7/29/2018 at 2:03 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Pretty sure you have to go through qualifying heat before an import can race in US unless its an invitational race Blue. In doing so officials record what gear is used and whether any medical assistance was used i.e Lasix which is given by club vets.

Hope this helps

Also I think all horses over there have to re-qualify if they haven't raced for a certain period of time.

31 minutes ago, eljay said:

Also I think all horses over there have to re-qualify if they haven't raced for a certain period of time.

Have to re-qualify if have 30 days without racing,  make a break first start off a qualifier or judges say make to many breaks in races and for that sometimes 2 qualifiers . Don't have trials .  

Yeh they are very happy with The Champ and see he is more forward than they thought, so they are possibly lookin at makin late payment for the Dan Patch at Hoosier......

Mick G from the Herald:

Lazarus's debut in North America looks set to be fast-tracked after the Kiwi champion dazzled in his first public outing there.

The two-time New Zealand Cup winner paced a 1:48.6 mile in a qualifier (trial) at The Meadowlands in New Jersey on Saturday morning (US time), beating outstanding three-year-old Lather On, winner of the North America Cup.

Purchased out of New Zealand for around $4 million just a few months ago Lazarus is now trained by Hall of Famer Jimmy Takter with the aim of winning a major North American race and pacing a sub 1:47 mile to make him a dual hemisphere stallion prospect.

Saturday's performance was a hugely positive step in that direction.

It proved Lazarus is fit and healthy and handling his new training regime as Takter tries to sharpen him up for the almost exclusively diet mile racing in North America.

And importantly Lazarus showed gate speed in the trial, leading from the ace early before trailing and then powering past Lather On at the 400m mark and holding him easily at the line.

"I couldn't be any happier with him," driver Yannick Gingras told local media. "He's very easy on himself and had tons of pace."

Lazarus's gate speed, or perceived lack of it, was one of the concerns for the $3.6m earner when he headed to the States as it will be incredibly hard to win a top level free-for-all in North America coming from back in the field. But the way he left the mobile, cruised past a serious horse and paced one of the fastest qualifying times in history suggests he is already set to pace 1:48 when needed, probably faster.

When Lazarus left New Zealand the original targets were races at the Red Mile early in October, where the track is conducive to a very fast time, and the Breeders Crown at Pocono on October 27.

But he looks way more advanced than anybody expected and Takter has indicated a late entry fee could be paid for Lazarus to contest the US$300,000 Dan Patch at Hoosier Park in Indiana on August 10.

Cheers Iraklis

Oiy oop guys the draw for The Dan Patch.....The Champ gets to start from the rank outside :D an up against The Legend oh ho its on.....

Cheers Iraklis

RACE 11 - Hoosier Park - IN - August 10, 2018

Conditions: **THE DAN PATCH STAKES** Free For All ($2500 ENTRY FEE) (RACEDAY detention PADDOCK, NOON)

Gait: Pace     Purse: $325,000     Class: Dan Patch     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 9:30 PM

PP Horse            Med      2018 North America   YTD                  Driver                                  TrainerMLBase 

Sts W P S Time            Earnings                                                    StableOddsClaim 

1 Dealt A Winner L            7  1  0  1  Q1:49.1M   $42662          Brett Miller                         Mark Silva  

2 Beckhams Z Tam L       8  1  1  4  1:49.0S       $33937          Ricky Macomber Jr         Jamie Macomber  

3 Split The House L          5  1  1  1  1:49.0F       $50100          Trace Tetrick                     Tim Tetrick                Ricky Macomber Jr Chris Oakes  

4 Rockin Ron L                 16  5  5  2  1:50.1H     $437875        Trace Tetrick                      Ron Burke  

5 Bit Of A Legend N L     13  4  5  2  1:49.4H     $425255(i)    Jordan Stratton                 Peter Tritton  

6 Mcwicked L                      9  6  2  0  1:48.3F    $617304         Brian Sears                        Casie Coleman  

7 All Bets Off L                 10  2  0  2  1:48.0M   $104643         Matt Kakaley                      Ron Burke  

8 New Talent                    15  3  4  2  1:49.3S     $51360           Sam Widger                      Jeff Cullipher  

9 Lazarus N
                                   FOR: 5 2-1-1          $289613 -  -  -  -  -  -(i)  Yannick Gingras               Jimmy Takter  

Oh shit yeah Scoob :D any other horse I'd be somewhat worried by his draw but personally reckon The Champ will handle, may not be pretty but hey yuh gotta do what yuh gotta do, he looked keen and ready to run in his qualifier and he cruised 1.48 we all know what he's like when he's got his game face on, different beast, and he's a Kiwi and smart!....great we gunna get to watch on Trackside yeh frickn go TAB!

Interesting reading from USTA news site, interview with Peter Tritton on Lazzie:

“I’m sort of looking forward to seeing him,” Tritton said, adding with a laugh, “I just didn’t want to be racing him.”  and  “He’s probably the best horse to come out of New Zealand,” said Tritton, who has trained a number of Down Under horses in the U.S. during his career. “He’s very strong, very gutsy, so that big track will suit him. It’s his first run and he’s probably not completely acclimated, so he’s got a few things against him. It will be interesting to see the transition, but I know he’s a great horse.”

Hey would't that be summit to see, 2 Kiwi's fightin out the the finish :D  GOOOOOOO!!!! The Mighty Champ!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Hey guys just watchin an interview by Mick with Lazzies driver Yannick and he said 'that in Lazzies qualifier he didn't even pull the ear plugs' and he went 1.48 he's confident that had he done so he could have easily gone 1.47......the interview is on aus harness site it's well worth a watch......

Cheers Iralis

“He’s probably the best horse to come out of New Zealand,” said Tritton

I'm not sure he can make this claim YET , and being an Australian and about 66 years old ( not old enough ) I don't believe he knows Cardigan Bay well enough either. Of course its the age old question of comparing horses of different era's.

For now I am a huge fan of Lazarus and I do believe he will prove to be the best we have ever had BUT he is yet to tip Cardy off his mantle. 

YES YES YESSSSSS.  You little beauty.  Showed gatespeed, led and won like the champion we all know he is. Did KIWIS proud and will make US harness start noticing NZ horses again. 

Big Congratulations to all especially LAZ

Oh dear Mick, just reading his write up on Lazzies impending race in the Herald, in the first sentence this: ' Before you consider taking the $1.75 price around Lazarus winning his US debut today, consider this one simple word of advice: don't.' buggahhh!!!!!   :D

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Oh dear Mick, just reading his write up on Lazzies impending race in the Herald, in the first sentence this: ' Before you consider taking the $1.75 price around Lazarus winning his US debut today, consider this one simple word of advice: don't.' buggahhh!!!!!   :D

Cheers Iraklis

Mick's not the best judge around in case you had not noticed. Still working for numerous media outlets and apparently subsidizes his income by betting. If he was going that well he would surely not be working

4 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Did yuh see our boy Harewood? he was $*&^%*$ awesome :lol: now they know.....see BitOfALegend go! cheez thought he was gunna be there sluggin it out..1.48.4 not bad he will only get better....

GOOOO!!!!!! THE MIGHTY CHAMP!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Great win by a great horse. Surely must enhance his stud value

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

If you read the full article his logic was quite sound. It was more about $1.75 being to short rather than the horse not being a chance of winning.