RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

My only bet for today.......

10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

C’mon, robust debate.

The horse has won one in the country and a city midweek event for $40k at Sandown.

Furthemore he compared it to Shamus award who was a multiple group performer at two and won the Cox Plate at three, this thing is four already.

Can anyone with an IQ greater than a root vegetable help me understand what he’s going to win between now and October to qualify for this years Cox Plate ?

I mean I’m accustomed to dealing with blithering idiots who know nothing, but this example he’s using is bizarre and arguably warrants intervention by the men in white coats, with a straitjacket.

You’re a crack up short stuff. The last horse you spruiked for the Winter Cup didn’t even make the field. :P

Elvstroem won his maiden at Swan Hill. What’s wrong with winning at Bendigo or Sandown? :rolleyes:

Shamus Award was a maiden who ended up winning the Cox Plate. At 2:40pm today this boy would’ve won his third consecutive race slaughtering a quality field. I’ll tell you one thing. He won’t be paying $101 to win the Plate after today. B)

Out to $1.70 Fixed now after shortening in to $1.65 earlier. 

8 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Good luck CBT , do you see Dancing Tycoon as a danger, good record in 5 starts, with claim sits on 55kgs. I think at 9s and 3s it's a decent each way bet . One thing about hot pot I like  is it can provide value to horse to beat if you can find one. Id be worried big field down straight 6 first time could it get bit lost ? I know most are first down it but they are not 1.90. Mind you I've been trying find something with value to roll  Winx  for two years but iam beaten on that one now .

One Waikato Stud! :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Surely takes a set, to stick a photo on here of a half decent wager BEFORE a race, so good on you CBT for putting your money where your mouth is, and showing us what ya think via a betting ticket photo. 

Yes he is passionate about the sport... and gets it wrong a few times but keeps fronting up...

Just got home after a great afternoon sinking a few schofferhofers in Southbank with some good people.

Saw he ran second. Haven’t seen the race yet so I’m guessing he got back and ran on late?

I’ll live to fight another day. Spring racing is here people! :)

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Surely takes some skill to stop David Hayes best horse in the stable from winning an R70.

You wouldn’t have the balls to front up before a race Brent. Keep hiding behind that pseudonym. There’s certainly no skill or fun in potting someone after the race but whatever floats your boat. :P

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The village idiot strikes again 

At least I have $$ of my own to bet short stuff.

You can’t bet on horses with Headquarters vouchers or sponsored Moet. :lol:

1 minute ago, CBT said:

You wouldn’t have the balls to front up before a race Brent. Keep hiding behind that pseudonym. There’s certainly no skill or fun in potting someone after the race but whatever floats your boat. :P

Just ignore the comments and dont let it get personal... harmless banter is fine from all sides but guys lets not get personal...keep it friendly...cheers.

Sounds like you're hurting Chris. Not hiding behind the pseudonym either. Most here who have been around a while know my identity has been very public. But you're right, I wouldn't front up before a race. I don't claim to be a tipster like you do.

You didn't say how you managed to stop David Hayes' "best horse" in an R70?

30 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Sounds like you're hurting Chris. Not hiding behind the pseudonym either. Most here who have been around a while know my identity has been very public. But you're right, I wouldn't front up before a race. I don't claim to be a tipster like you do.

You didn't say how you managed to stop David Hayes' "best horse" in an R70?

Thanks for confirming you have no balls Brent. 

Weak and pathetic. :lol:

Keep potting from the sidelines while I live the dream. ;)

9 hours ago, CBT said:

Thanks for confirming you have no balls Brent. 

Weak and pathetic. :lol:

Keep potting from the sidelines while I live the dream. ;)

No worries Chris. My dream isn't to see how many even money shots I can stop.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

No worries Chris. My dream isn't to see how many even money shots I can stop.

Clearly not Brent. You’re an observer of life where as I’m a participant. 

I find participating in life a lot more fun so I’ll keep doing just that while I’ll leave you to observe, taking pot shots from the sidelines. Clearly that’s what you do best.  :P

The Statesman was good yesterday.Competitive handicap under almost 60kgs joint top weight. 4 starts ago he was winning a maiden hurdle at Ludlow  UK  in Oct 2017,   a lovely old track but the haunt of horses way below the top level of jumps scene in UK.Selling hurdles more the go there.Definitely not a Cheltenham. On that evidence the dual Champion hurdler Buveur D Air would chew up best stayers on Australia and spit them out. The Statesman would be 250 to 1 to beat that horse.

That being said he's done a few connections some financial favours, with exch rates approx 120k buy for Ballydoyle as yearling  , two 3rd places, on sold for approx 180k to Ian Williams trainer of Cory Browns Melbourne Cup ride Magic  Circle. He gets two low grade flat handicap wins and a midweek maiden hurdle then 620k sale to the  Darren' Weir stable and the horse is making a fair go at life in Australia.

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Living the dream.......

Are you embarrassed and humiliated after yesterday ?

That thing is greener than the grass it ran on, head high in the run ( did flatten out late though ), crabbed sideways, hung  left, and ran nearly a second slower than the sprinters......you’ve got no idea, although you’re entertaining.

On watching the replay this morning I think he didn’t run a bad race short stuff. He got a bit lost half way down the straight but when Mark Zahra punched him through that gap late he hit the line well. I’d like to see him over 1400m round a bend next time as he’s clearly still learning the caper. I wouldn’t write him off on that run. ;)

34 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

The Statesman was good yesterday.Competitive handicap under almost 60kgs joint top weight. 4 starts ago he was winning a maiden hurdle at Ludlow  UK  in Oct 2017,   a lovely old track but the haunt of horses way below the top level of jumps scene in UK.Selling hurdles more the go there.Definitely not a Cheltenham. On that evidence the dual Champion hurdler Buveur D Air would chew up best stayers on Australia and spit them out. The Statesman would be 250 to 1 to beat that horse.

That being said he's done a few connections some financial favours, with exch rates approx 120k buy for Ballydoyle as yearling  , two 3rd places, on sold for approx 180k to Ian Williams trainer of Cory Browns Melbourne Cup ride Magic  Circle. He gets two low grade flat handicap wins and a midweek maiden hurdle then 620k sale to the  Darren' Weir stable and the horse is making a fair go at life in Australia.

I didn’t see any of the racing yesterday Red Rum as I spent the afternoon drinking German beer at a friend’s birthday lunch in the city.

Sounds like a good win for The Statesman carrying 60.

44 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

What did you make of Cross Counter RR ? I see Appleby is bringing him to Melbourne along with Hamada and Emotionless.

4 minutes ago, CBT said:

I didn’t see any of the racing yesterday Red Rum as I spent the afternoon drinking German beer at a friend’s birthday lunch in the city.

Sounds like a good win for The Statesman carrying 60.

German beer , they make great cars and brew great beer but as the warnings from government ads say never mix operating both a the same time. 

The Statesman brought some mid winter National Hunt grit and toughed it out yesterday over the last 100.60kgs nothing compared to what he carried in maiden hurdle.

9 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

What did you make of Cross Counter RR ? I see Appleby is bringing him to Melbourne along with Hamada and Emotionless.

Seriously good, cannot run in Leger as a Gelding, Gordon Stakes good Leger trial. Was a small field but second has run in two Derby's and Mark Johnston in top notch form at moment . Iam a massive Charlie Appleby groupie OM but he has proven that he can travel horses globe wide with success time and again so it  is a factor here.He has seen Rekindling can do it so now no fear bringing out right three year old. Your BB from Appleby  runs next week at Newbury , after next weekend it's Ebor meeting at Knavesmire then Prix Kegorley. The real trials are up there next few weeks before the Aussie and NZ big guns get serious. US Navy Flag getting no further runs then Quarantine then Everest. They run private races anyway at Ballydoyle if they need. 

38 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Seriously good, cannot run in Leger as a Gelding, Gordon Stakes good Leger trial. Was a small field but second has run in two Derby's and Mark Johnston in top notch form at moment . Iam a massive Charlie Appleby groupie OM but he has proven that he can travel horses globe wide with success time and again so it  is a factor here.He has seen Rekindling can do it so now no fear bringing out right three year old. Your BB from Appleby  runs next week at Newbury , after next weekend it's Ebor meeting at Knavesmire then Prix Kegorley. The real trials are up there next few weeks before the Aussie and NZ big guns get serious. US Navy Flag getting no further runs then Quarantine then Everest. They run private races anyway at Ballydoyle if they need. 

He's currently 26-1 for the Cup, Hamada at 34's.

I'm waiting to see Order of St George. They tell me he is rated " lengths better" than Rekindling so worth keeping an eye on.

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

He's currently 26-1 for the Cup, Hamada at 34's.

I'm waiting to see Order of St George. They tell me he is rated " lengths better" than Rekindling so worth keeping an eye on.

OrderofGarter I think you mean OM. Order st george Ascot Gold Cup winner and Arc placesetter.  Perennial Melb Cup top weight when weights comes out but looks little below his form this year, age might have caught him.

CBT mentioned Order of  garter week or so back so I checked out its Euro form. Got high level Euro form  French Derby , placed behind Benbatl at Royal Ascot last year and that's only 17s for Plate.

Some of these Coolmore names get confusing , went through a stage of When's,  ifs ,maybe, Sometimes,  Founds etc. Difficult to follow who's who , in fact maybe was one called Who .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

OrderofGarter I think you mean OM. Order st george Ascot Gold Cup winner and Arc placesetter.  Perennial Melb Cup top weight when weights comes out but looks little below his form this year, age might have caught him.

CBT mentioned Order of  garter week or so back so I checked out its Euro form. Got high level Euro form  French Derby , placed behind Benbatl at Royal Ascot last year and that's only 17s for Plate.

Some of these Coolmore names get confusing , went through a stage of When's,  ifs ,maybe, Sometimes,  Founds etc. Difficult to follow who's who , in fact maybe was one called Who .

Yes, probably right there RR. Both well down in early markets anyway 40-60's. 

https://m.ladbrokes.com.au/racing/horses/featured/42679962/