RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

My only bet for today.......

11 hours ago, Red Rum said:

OrderofGarter I think you mean OM. Order st george Ascot Gold Cup winner and Arc placesetter.  Perennial Melb Cup top weight when weights comes out but looks little below his form this year, age might have caught him.

CBT mentioned Order of  garter week or so back so I checked out its Euro form. Got high level Euro form  French Derby , placed behind Benbatl at Royal Ascot last year and that's only 17s for Plate.

Some of these Coolmore names get confusing , went through a stage of When's,  ifs ,maybe, Sometimes,  Founds etc. Difficult to follow who's who , in fact maybe was one called Who .

Abbott: Well Costello, I'm going to New York with you. You know Bucky Harris, the Yankee's manager, gave me a job as coach for as long as you're on the team.

Costello: Look Abbott, if you're the coach, you must know all the players.

Abbott: I certainly do.

Costello: Well you know I've never met the guys. So you'll have to tell me their names, and then I'll know who's playing on the team.

Abbott: Oh, I'll tell you their names, but you know it seems to me they give these ball players now-a-days very peculiar names.

Costello: You mean funny names?

Abbott: Strange names, pet names...like Dizzy Dean...

Costello: His brother Daffy.

Abbott: Daffy Dean...

Costello: And their French cousin.

Abbott: French?

Costello: Goofè.

Abbott: Goofè Dean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...

Costello: That's what I want to find out.

Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third.

Costello: Are you the manager?

Abbott: Yes.

Costello: You gonna be the coach too?

Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names?

Abbott: Well I should.

Costello: Well then who's on first?

Costello: I mean the fellow's name.

Abbott: Who.

Costello: The guy on first.

Costello: The first baseman.

Costello: The guy playing...

Abbott: Who is on first!

Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first.

Abbott: That's the man's name.

Costello: That's who's name?

Costello: Well go ahead and tell me.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's who?

PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman?

Abbott: Certainly.

Costello: Who's playing first?

Abbott: That's right.

Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money?

Abbott: Every dollar of it.

Costello: All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base.

Costello: The guy that gets...

Costello: Who gets the money...

Abbott: He does, every dollar. Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it.

Costello: Who's wife?

PAUSE

Abbott: What's wrong with that?

Costello: Look, all I wanna know is when you sign up the first baseman, how does he sign his name?

Costello: The guy.

Costello: How does he sign...

Abbott: That's how he signs it.

Costello: Who?

PAUSE

Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base.

Abbott: No. What is on second base.

Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second.

Abbott: Who's on first.

Costello: One base at a time!

Abbott: Well, don't change the players around.

Costello: I'm not changing nobody!

Abbott: Take it easy, buddy.

Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base?

Abbott: That's right.

Costello: Ok.

Abbott: All right.

PAUSE

Costello: What's the guy's name on first base?

Abbott: No. What is on second.

Abbott: Who's on first.

Costello: I don't know.

Abbott: He's on third, we're not talking about him.

Costello: Now how did I get on third base?

Abbott: Why you mentioned his name.

Costello: If I mentioned the third baseman's name, who did I say is playing third?

Abbott: No. Who's playing first.

Costello: What's on first?

Abbott: What's on second.

Abbott: He's on third.

Costello: There I go, back on third again!

PAUSE

Costello: Would you just stay on third base and don't go off it.

Abbott: All right, what do you want to know?

Costello: Now who's playing third base?

Abbott: Why do you insist on putting Who on third base?

Costello: What am I putting on third.

Abbott: No. What is on second.

Costello: You don't want who on second?

Abbott: Who is on first.

Abbott & Costello Together:Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: Look, you gotta outfield?

Abbott: Sure.

Costello: The left fielder's name?

Abbott: Why.

Costello: I just thought I'd ask you.

Abbott: Well, I just thought I'd tell ya.

Costello: Then tell me who's playing left field.

Abbott: Who's playing first.

Costello: I'm not... stay out of the infield! I want to know what's the guy's name in left field?

Abbott: No, What is on second.

Abbott: Who's on first!

Abbott & Costello Together: Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: The left fielder's name?

Abbott: Why.

Costello: Because!

Abbott: Oh, he's centerfield.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, You gotta pitcher on this team?

Abbott: Sure.

Costello: The pitcher's name?

Abbott: Tomorrow.

Costello: You don't want to tell me today?

Abbott: I'm telling you now.

Costello: Then go ahead.

Abbott: Tomorrow!

Costello: What time?

Abbott: What time what?

Costello: What time tomorrow are you gonna tell me who's pitching?

Abbott: Now listen. Who is not pitching.

Costello: I'll break your arm, you say who's on first! I want to know what's the pitcher's name?

Abbott: What's on second.

Abbott & Costello Together: Third base!

PAUSE

Costello: Gotta a catcher?

Abbott: Certainly.

Costello: The catcher's name?

Abbott: Today.

Costello: Today, and tomorrow's pitching.

Abbott: Now you've got it.

Costello: All we got is a couple of days on the team.

PAUSE

Costello: You know I'm a catcher too.

Abbott: So they tell me.

Costello: I get behind the plate to do some fancy catching, Tomorrow's pitching on my team and a heavy hitter gets up. Now the heavy hitter bunts the ball. When he bunts the ball, me, being a good catcher, I'm gonna throw the guy out at first base. So I pick up the ball and throw it to who?

Abbott: Now that's the first thing you've said right.

Costello: I don't even know what I'm talking about!

PAUSE

Abbott: That's all you have to do.

Costello: Is to throw the ball to first base.

Abbott: Yes!

Costello: Now who's got it?

Abbott: Naturally.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, if I throw the ball to first base, somebody's gotta get it. Now who has it?

Costello: Who?

Costello: Naturally?

Costello: So I pick up the ball and I throw it to Naturally.

Abbott: No you don't, you throw the ball to Who.

Costello: Naturally.

Abbott: That's different.

Costello: That's what I said.

Abbott: You're not saying it...

Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.

Abbott: You throw it to Who.

Costello: That's what I said!

Abbott: You ask me.

Costello: I throw the ball to who?

Costello: Now you ask me.

Abbott: You throw the ball to Who?

Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU! I throw the ball to who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't give a darn!

Abbott: What?

Costello: I said I don't give a darn!

Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop.

CBT, good on you for providing your tips pre-race and what you wager, takes balls, especially on the hot pots.  I must admit, i find the banter between you and others very hardcase, im just not sure how i would feel if we ended up backing the same horse.  There have been plenty on here before, beat there own drum about winners they back after the race.  

keep it up mate, and enjoy and appreciate your views on your fancys from across the ditch.

Varro

4 hours ago, Varro said:

CBT, good on you for providing your tips pre-race and what you wager, takes balls, especially on the hot pots.  I must admit, i find the banter between you and others very hardcase, im just not sure how i would feel if we ended up backing the same horse.  There have been plenty on here before, beat there own drum about winners they back after the race.  

keep it up mate, and enjoy and appreciate your views on your fancys from across the ditch.

Varro

Cheers Varro.

I’ve always found it more fun tabling your thoughts before the race. Makes the race itself a lot more interesting when you know someone has a wager on a particular horse.

You’ll always get people like Brent and short stuff though just hoping and waiting for you to fail. It’s human nature and says more about them than it does about me.

Good to see the Tall Poppy syndrome still alive and kicking back in NZ.

P.S. You don’t have to worry about Brent tabling his thoughts as he is not a “tipster” apparently (not that that has anything to do with it :lol: ). Ditto short stuff as you actually need $$ to place a bet (something that has been very foreign  to him his whole life). Headquarters vouchers and sponsored Moët on the other hand. Well that’s a totally different story. :lol:

I thought the Tall Poppy Syndrome applied to cutting down people who had achieved notable wealth or status, not those who perpetually demonstrate how they lose those things?

I'm happy to be a participant or participate as an observer. Enjoy both but prefer to do either profitably.

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Talk about a chip on one’s shoulder CBT, get over it, the forum is for all to express their opinions, we don’t all have to agree!

Couldn’t agree with you more Chris. Differing opinions should be encouraged.

What I have an issue with is several people don’t post here for fear of being berated for their opinion (clearly I’m not one of them :lol:).

According to Brent I’m not allowed to table my thoughts on a race before as I’m not a “tipster” which I find quite hilarious. :lol:

Anyway I’ll let him continue to have his fun observing taking pot shots from the sidelines as that’s clearly what he’s good at. That and hiding behind a pseudonym.  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

I thought the Tall Poppy Syndrome applied to cutting down people who had achieved notable wealth or status, not those who perpetually demonstrate how they lose those things?

I'm happy to be a participant or participate as an observer. Enjoy both but prefer to do either profitably.

Well I guess that depends really on what you consider to be notable wealth or status doesn’t it?

If successfully relocating from Auckland to Melbourne 10 years ago, marrying my beautiful wife, buying land, building our dream 4 bedroom home, buying a brand new car, travelling to several countries around the world, working in several different roles for over 6 years in the same company both in Melbourne and Mumbai is notable wealth and status then I think I’m doing ok.

Keep those pot shots comin Brent. ;)

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Something tells me it’s going to be a “Brutal” weekend! B)

Only gonna be brutal CBT for the usual Sydney Saturday suspects trying to give Avilius 7 kgs . He could get drawn Gate 53 and still win Saturday. Gets up to closer his trip as well.

9 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Only gonna be brutal CBT for the usual Sydney Saturday suspects trying to give Avilius 7 kgs . He could get drawn Gate 53 and still win Saturday. Gets up to closer his trip as well.

Very exciting horse after that first up win Red Rum. 

What about the pipe opener of Kings Will Dream on the weekend?Might be unbeaten for the rest of his prep now.

I might head out to the Valley on Saturday to see Brutal if the weather holds up.

1 hour ago, CBT said:

Very exciting horse after that first up win Red Rum. 

What about the pipe opener of Kings Will Dream on the weekend?Might be unbeaten for the rest of his prep now.

I might head out to the Valley on Saturday to see Brutal if the weather holds up.

As regards Kings Will Dream, I cannot get my head around how horse that June July 2017  runs first  three lifetime races  in UK.Cannot win a poor 7  runner Ripon maiden in UK , then poorer 5 runner midsummer evening maiden at same venue then wins poor maiden at Pontefract ends up Caulfield Cup fav 13 months later. Previously trained by Micky Hammond a decent bread and butter dual purpose trainer from North Yorkshire and very good ex jump jock ,  was  a 50 thousand  Euro yearling at Goffs but went through Tatts HIT as unraced 2 yo for only  7000 guineas to Hammonds yard . I wonder what Darren Weir paid for him after Pontefract win?.Most of those horses out those races  destined for selling hurdles and point to points.  The only horse of any passing interest out of those three maidens was Highland Cradle who ran last in the 5 runner maiden who is the  ex Smeardon trained  Verdants half brother but Juddmonte outed him for 9k a week after that race. What with The Statesman,  Darren Weir must have a good talent  scouting team seeing potential away from the main tracks up there. Hes got a ton of improvement out the horse , he was huge Saturday.

Talking buying up North, how did OTI end up with High Bridge ?  Dam 1000 Guineas winner , unraced Godolphin,  went jumping bumpers , then novice hurdles , then handicap hurdles , ran in Belfair Trophy Hurdle Newbury beaten 53 lengths in Feb now carrying 59kgs from Chris Wallers yard first up in Australia at Warwick Farm tomorrow as an 8 year old. These trainers really casting the net wide up there. I suppose prices for better performed horses so high now they got to work wiser seeking out some rough diamonds.

Good luck with Brutal.

And despite drawing barrier 10 he goes up $1.85 Fixed odds favourite.

I’ll be interested to see what price they put up for the unbeaten 3 year old filly Multaja (probably shorter than $1.85 I suspect). :ph34r:

On 8/22/2018 at 1:55 PM, CBT said:

And despite drawing barrier 10 he goes up $1.85 Fixed odds favourite.

I’ll be interested to see what price they put up for the unbeaten 3 year old filly Multaja (probably shorter than $1.85 I suspect). :ph34r:

Multaja + Brutal = $$

Looks like a leader’s bias at the Valley today which will make it interesting for Multaja but really looking forward to seeing these 2. B)

19 hours ago, poundforpound said:

$1.50 and $1.10 Multaja....and you stopped it ......WAFW .....

How good was Brutal short stuff?! 

He wobbled around the corner turning for home then really knuckled down the last 100. B)

Multaja ran against her normal racing pattern sitting outside the leader and fought to the line well but was still a fraction disappointing. I wouldn’t sack her on that run though. :ph34r:

CBT what did you think of Avilius at Rosehill and Taj Mahal in last at Valley ? I thought Avilius very good with a mind though to fact he was on 53 kgs against some very exposed types.That Rosehill track looked rough on TV to be honest, might be the contrast on my TV but  when do they harvest the potatoes they must have planted in the straight. 

Really liked Taj Mahal,  nice tender run, Midterm I though ran better than placing suggests in same race considering he was a early Derby fav for Sir Micheal Stoute few years back so will get stronger over a trip.

Hope you had good day on punt .

Brutal won (as betting expected it to) but imho, it wasn’t dominant as the price expected it to be. The time (1:11.9 Last 600m 35.86) was average, despite being ridden hard in the straight to beat a $30/1 2nd placed horse by a neck. Also, Hawkes was not overly bullish at the after race interview, preferring to wait and see the replay etc. I personally doubt he will go to the Caul Guineas and I would rather spruik the run of the Hayes/dab runner, Ocean Knight, which finished strongly from last to be a closing 5th on a leaders bias. He’s the one I’ll be following from the race. Brutal reminds me of that one you spruiked last year as a Caul Guineas horse. I think it won its first two. Royal something? Haven’t seen it since. But, Brutal won and looks a nice horse. 

1 hour ago, CBT said:

How good was Brutal short stuff?! 

He wobbled around the corner turning for home then really knuckled down the last 100. B)

Multaja ran against her normal racing pattern sitting outside the leader and fought to the line well but was still a fraction disappointing. I wouldn’t sack her on that run though. :ph34r:

Multaja is much better with a sit, so no idea why they pressured her to lead. Mind you, there were some ordinary rides yesterday. I backed Shokora and it is still trying to get out. Mallyon never moved on it and ran up every backside he could find. She will keep.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Brutal won (as betting expected it to) but imho, it wasn’t dominant as the price expected it to be. The time (1:11.9 Last 600m 35.86) was average, despite being ridden hard in the straight to beat a $30/1 2nd placed horse by a neck. Also, Hawkes was not overly bullish at the after race interview, preferring to wait and see the replay etc. I personally doubt he will go to the Caul Guineas and I would rather spruik the run of the Hayes/dab runner, Ocean Knight, which finished strongly from last to be a closing 5th on a leaders bias. He’s the one I’ll be following from the race. Brutal reminds me of that one you spruiked last year as a Caul Guineas horse. I think it won its first two. Royal something? Haven’t seen it since. But, Brutal won and looks a nice horse. 

Best 600 and 200 splits in the race Trumpy, though you might be a bit harsh on Brutal, he was three wide most of the way.

IMG_3257.JPG

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

CBT what did you think of Avilius at Rosehill and Taj Mahal in last at Valley ? I thought Avilius very good with a mind though to fact he was on 53 kgs against some very exposed types.That Rosehill track looked rough on TV to be honest, might be the contrast on my TV but  when do they harvest the potatoes they must have planted in the straight. 

Really liked Taj Mahal,  nice tender run, Midterm I though ran better than placing suggests in same race considering he was a early Derby fav for Sir Micheal Stoute few years back so will get stronger over a trip.

He's a very nice horse RR and had to overcome a few things in the run but it was easy in the end. Bigger races in store for him.

IMG_3258.JPG

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

He's a very nice horse RR and had to overcome a few things in the run but it was easy in the end. Bigger races in store for him.

IMG_3258.JPG

Nice photo OM, have you seen the Ebor. What's your thoughts on it as winner could be heading down under according to Angus Gold . If you have not watched yet check out fav Stratum murdered on the rails, same owner as a cup Fav Withhold.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I thought Avilius ran extremely well and the European form around Cracksman is very strong indeed (Our Venice Beach, who also finished runner up to Cracksman like Avilius, ran a slashing second to Trap For Fools on the leader biased track - this could be Lloyd’s second string to Orderofthegarter). 

I didn’t see the run of The Taj Mahal so I’ll have to check the replay.

A quiet day for me on the punt yesterday. Looking forward to the Memsie this weekend. B)

41 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Best 600 and 200 splits in the race Trumpy, though you might be a bit harsh on Brutal, he was three wide most of the way.

IMG_3257.JPG

Yes, he looks a nice horse and I may be wrong. But it wasn’t dominant - like expected. It will be interesting to see where they go with him and how he develops. Reminds me a bit of Grunt. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Jeepers Ernie. When was the last time you got those eyes tested? 

His second race day start, didn’t handle the tight turn of the Valley, once he balanced up he powered through the line. 

This horse on his breeding shouldn’t be winning at 1200m yet he’s done exactly that twice. 

The further he goes the better he’ll get. The last 100m of the race yesterday was the best part of his race. 

That being said he has some stiff competition in the form of The Autumn Sun who trialled enormously yesterday and looks to be the benchmark for the Spring with the runs already on the board. 

The Golden Rose will answer a lot of questions. B)