RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

My only bet for today.......

Yes, I like my shorties as we all know and I’ve found another one to unload on.

Belmont - Race 5 - #1 Come Play With Me

He’s just better than them. 

Enjoy! B)

Actually my only bet for the weekend.

Kalgoorlie Race 6 #2 Pym’s Royale

He’s short as you would expect but he’s got a bit of ability this boy. He’s unbeaten on the track 4 from 4 and has to carry a bit more pudding but he should get the run of the race and pull away from the pace maker Mervyn in the last 200m for another easy win.

Enjoy. B)

3 hours ago, CBT said:

Actually my only bet for the weekend.

Kalgoorlie Race 6 #2 Pym’s Royale

He’s short as you would expect but he’s got a bit of ability this boy. He’s unbeaten on the track 4 from 4 and has to carry a bit more pudding but he should get the run of the race and pull away from the pace maker Mervyn in the last 200m for another easy win.

Enjoy. B)

I  have been ... Following your picks.. CBT>>
That was a very good win . by Pym's Royale
I Would never ever bet on a horse at Kalgoolie  but I was talking to Graeme Sanders last week

and he was  telling me about handing in his Licence.

We talked about Harrisand, Kalgoolie,Barrallen  and the years we sold horses to Macau when he was milking cows.

Sea Change     etc   etc.

Will probably never back a horse at Kalgoolie again.

Read Bart's  Book " The Man that Built a Horse "

19 minutes ago, Black Kirrama said:

I  have been ... Following your picks.. CBT>>
That was a very good win . by Pym's Royale
I Would never ever bet on a horse at Kalgoolie  but I was talking to Graeme Sanders last week

and he was  telling me about handing in his Licence.

We talked about Harrisand, Kalgoolie,Barrallen  and the years we sold horses to Macau when he was milking cows.

Sea Change     etc   etc.

Will probably never back a horse at Kalgoolie again.

Read Bart's  Book " The Man that Built a Horse "

Cheers Rev. He won well with the big 60. Not many win 5 straight.

I’m sure Graeme would have many interesting stories to tell. I’d love to hear about Seachange. She was one of my favourites and I followed her career closely before I moved to Melbourne.

I’ve only read one of Bart’s books (attached) but will have a look for this one. 

54A535C9-6C08-4042-A7F4-6E5C8DAE1C61.jpeg

Glorious Goodward

Race 4 #6 Stradivarius 

He won this race last year and by all accounts is a lot stronger this year winning his 2 lead ups the latest being the Ascot Gold Cup.

I also like the booking of Atzeni who I actually prefer to Dettori. He’s unbeaten on the horse in 2 starts. 

Enjoy B)

Hi there CBT.....

You are picking winners CBT .....left ,right and centre....the haters have gone quiet !

Hope things well in Melbourne and you keeping fit.

I still have the brolly you gave me !

I still trying to breed a Melbourne Cup winner....the last one made $1k at the yearling auction !

2 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Hi there CBT.....

You are picking winners CBT .....left ,right and centre....the haters have gone quiet !

I still trying to breed a Melbourne Cup winner....the last one made $1k at the yearling auction !

Hey Gary, Melbourne is going great guns thanks. Can’t believe I’ve been here 10 years next month! Where has the time gone?!

That’s good you’ve still got the brolly. I’ll give you another one if you come back. 

You must be due for another Xcellent. You’ve had some good luck so far in this game.

Lookin forward to the superstars returning starting with Kementari on Saturday.

8 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Hi there CBT.....

Nobody hates him...its just harmless ribbing... from my part anyway... but he is passionate about the sport and thats what we need more of in these times, people who love the port.

20 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Hi there CBT.....

Hi Gaz

when you get a good one(how can you tell) me and Pogo will be in ha ha ah he . Imagine that at the post race festivities , or if it gets beat a nose from a poor ride. All the best. 

3 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Hi Gaz

when you get a good one(how can you tell) me and Pogo will be in ha ha ah he . Imagine that at the post race festivities , or if it gets beat a nose from a poor ride. All the best. 

Sadly Pogo has lost it.....I heard they have carted him off to the NSW State home for the Bewildered.

He was shouting Go Cronulla , F?#& Billy and Cam...apparently he bet heavily and lost against the ongoing success of those two !

He also was shouting "remember when Slater did a bad pass ,and 8 years ago Roger threw his racket !'

And our cricketers didn't sandpaper the ball...........

Sad but true !

ps ..mainly into Harness of late ! Going OK.

Moonee Valley - Race 8 #1 Pacodali

Damian Lane riding - tick

5 starts over the distance for 3 wins and a second - tick

1 start on the track over the distance for 1 win over the Melbourne Cup winner Almandin - tick

Only slight query is the 5 week gap between runs (he had an abscess missing his last run) but Weiry would’ve ploughed a  truck load of beach work in to him so I’m not too concerned. 

Should be able to ping off the cambre with the big 60 turning for home and be too good.

Enjoy B) 

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

$1.10, and you stopped the poor bastard.

WTF do you bother demonstrating to the world what a wanker you are and how little you know.

Use the PM system to communicate with your two friend and spare the rest of us your shite pleeeaaasssee.

P4P he is entitled to have his say just like everyone else...just ignore his posts if they upset you, please lets just keep the forum without any personal stuff...its going really well. I know you dont like him so just ignore him or his posts... thanks P4P. If others choose to read it so be it, we are all different at the end of the day..

47 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

$1.10, and you stopped the poor bastard.

I was pretty lucky actually short stuff.

Had a last minute change of heart after seeing him trot up to the start in his prelim. He looked a bit fat so took the safer option. 

I could find easier ways of making $90 though. :lol:

275EB9B4-61DE-42FF-B13B-309858A5B0F7.jpeg

Sandown - Race 7 #6 Miss Pandanus

She’s unbeaten 2 from 2 and possesses a lethal turn of foot.

At her last start she came from behind to beat Naantali and Naantali has subsequently won at Flemington and yesterday at the Valley since.

Mick Kent has scratched her from her last couple of races looking for the ideal assignment to keep her unbeaten record intact and this looks to be it.

She’ll drop out to probably last and have the luxury of that long long Sandown straight to wind up and assert her superiority once again.

Enjoy B)

That's a ballsy bet 900 bucks to pick up 90 profit the place on distance handicap at Valley , on horse that's had some form of setback.Too many potential pitfalls for me . Risk v reward too unbalanced for my punting ,  my ticker wouldn't cope with that. However  good on you getting a collect and risking the wrath of punting gods by changing a plan . I do find it interesting differing methodology when it comes to punting. As I've got older I've got weaker  of mind and body so resort to finding bigger priced value ( or what I perceive to be value) and then betting each way to try  reserve the bank.That said still have to work for living so not been that successful. 

4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Rule #1, if you can find a reason not to back it, don’t

I like this rule. Good advice. 

I think Dutch betting is underrated. Common in the Netherlands but not quite as common in Australia, and less so again in NZ. When applied in the right fashion however it can be quite a successful tactic when investing. 

On 8/5/2018 at 4:54 PM, Red Rum said:

That's a ballsy bet 900 bucks to pick up 90 profit the place on distance handicap at Valley , on horse that's had some form of setback.Too many potential pitfalls for me . Risk v reward too unbalanced for my punting ,  my ticker wouldn't cope with that. However  good on you getting a collect and risking the wrath of punting gods by changing a plan . I do find it interesting differing methodology when it comes to punting. As I've got older I've got weaker  of mind and body so resort to finding bigger priced value ( or what I perceive to be value) and then betting each way to try  reserve the bank.That said still have to work for living so not been that successful. 

I’ve always liked the shorties Red Rum but they don’t always come through. I had 5K on Pierro to win the Caulfield Guineas when he got rolled by All Too Hard with Nash riding him 4 wide in an 8 horse field. I also lost 5K on So You Think when he got pipped on the post by Rewilding in the Prince of Wales stakes after a perfectly judged ride by Dettori.

This horse I backed yesterday also got pipped on the post but I’ve backed another couple of other shorties today to nearly square the ledger (God bless Peter Snowden and Mark Purdon). B)

57364C95-69CA-4D77-AA38-A051EE080BD6.jpeg

1C1D98BB-A98D-4320-B35C-3F39C49DE50F.jpeg

45A24137-B2C2-4C91-8B72-5CF946EA11BE.jpeg

51 minutes ago, CBT said:

I’ve always liked the shorties Red Rum but they don’t always come through. I had 5K on Pierro to win the Caulfield Guineas when he got rolled by All Too Hard with Nash riding him 4 wide in an 8 horse field. I also lost 5K on So You Think when he got pipped on the post by Rewilding in the Prince of Wales stakes after a perfectly judged ride by Dettori.

This horse I backed yesterday also got pipped on the post but I’ve backed another couple of other shorties today to nearly square the ledger (God bless Peter Snowden and Mark Purdon). B)

57364C95-69CA-4D77-AA38-A051EE080BD6.jpeg

1C1D98BB-A98D-4320-B35C-3F39C49DE50F.jpeg

45A24137-B2C2-4C91-8B72-5CF946EA11BE.jpeg

See  they came in today CBT ,gives you some  ammo to go into battle again. Some tidy imports entered up this weekend first up in Australia for Goldolphin , Home of the Brave  and Lloyd Williams got about four entered including  Belgravia . He has got serious levels of form up North , 4th Queens Vase last year to Stadivarius . Well behind him that day were three now Aussie trained imports , two have won already in OZ.

44 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

See  they came in today CBT ,gives you some  ammo to go into battle again. Some tidy imports entered up this weekend first up in Australia for Goldolphin , Home of the Brave  and Lloyd Williams got about four entered including  Belgravia . He has got serious levels of form up North , 4th Queens Vase last year to Stadivarius . Well behind him that day were three now Aussie trained imports , two have won already in OZ.

Absolutely Red Rum. That Avilius won particularly well first up on the weekend. I see he was runner up to Cracksman in a race over there which is very strong form indeed!

The best horse in Williams stable “Order of the Garter” has been kept very quiet so far. You can’t find a market for him but by all accounts they reckon this horse has lengths on Rekindling so will be interesting to see him when he finally hits the track over here.

17 minutes ago, CBT said:

Absolutely Red Rum. That Avilius won particularly well first up on the weekend. I see he was runner up to Cracksman in a race over there which is very strong form indeed!

The best horse in Williams stable “Order of the Garter” has been kept very quiet so far. You can’t find a market for him but by all accounts they reckon this horse has lengths on Rekindling so will be interesting to see him when he finally hits the track over here.

Mentioned Avilius on another thread last week, I'd watched  the Prix Neil online , thought he would be tapped for toe over mile but nope he flew home. He's good very good.

Coolmore really linked into Williams stable now although had many in past like Midas Touch, United States etc .It's good business for them for those just below top line who do not fit into the stallion roster as replacement stock.The rest end up in Qatar or over the sticks with Joseph O'Brien.Was over for Turnball last year and saw ex Coolmore Sir  Issac Newton walking round paddock, 7.5 mill buck yearling now gelded , now battling round Aussie,  that's gotta hurt . I see though they got his 2 year old brother in training at Ballydoyle, called Japan he was cut priced 2.5 mill.

Looked up Orderofgarter,  that form is deep, whacked Taj Mahal at Leopardstown , ran with credit in French Derby and run at Royal Ascot last year oozes form. 

Good luck trying to find a bookie on course paying greater than even money for this boy tomorrow.

TAB briefly pushed him out to $2.10 before firming him back into $2.

With the expected rain over the next 24 hours he should start well into the red.

Enjoy B)0480F24C-6156-4074-8C25-E4A108B15D79.thumb.jpeg.28603cc5224c8ab09c9c01b2aa2d5e85.jpeg

8 hours ago, CBT said:

Good luck trying to find a bookie on course paying greater than even money for this boy tomorrow.

TAB briefly pushed him out to $2.10 before firming him back into $2.

With the expected rain over the next 24 hours he should start well into the red.

Enjoy B)0480F24C-6156-4074-8C25-E4A108B15D79.thumb.jpeg.28603cc5224c8ab09c9c01b2aa2d5e85.jpeg

Good luck CBT , do you see Dancing Tycoon as a danger, good record in 5 starts, with claim sits on 55kgs. I think at 9s and 3s it's a decent each way bet . One thing about hot pot I like  is it can provide value to horse to beat if you can find one. Id be worried big field down straight 6 first time could it get bit lost ? I know most are first down it but they are not 1.90. Mind you I've been trying find something with value to roll  Winx  for two years but iam beaten on that one now .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Good luck CBT , do you see Dancing Tycoon as a danger, good record in 5 starts, with claim sits on 55kgs. I think at 9s and 3s it's a decent each way bet . One thing about hot pot I like  is it can provide value to horse to beat if you can find one. Id be worried big field down straight 6 first time could it get bit lost ? I know most are first down it but they are not 1.90. Mind you I've been trying find something with value to roll  Winx  for two years but iam beaten on that one now .

Cheers Red Rum.

It’s been raining all night over here.

Dancing Tycoon scratched. A few others have come out too.

First time down the straight is always a bit of an unknown but the way this boy races I’m not concerned and David Hayes is supremely confident. 

Stable has been red hot lately (they trained the first 5 winners at Geelong yesterday) and I have no doubt this is the best horse in their stable.