RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rigger

Help wanted

Could someone help me identify this horse and jockey.  I have owned this for a number of years now, and have never known.   I have listed this print on trademe, any help would be appreciated.  I have also listed tin sign, and can't seem to find any info regarding age etc

DSC02297.JPG

DSC02309.JPG

DSC02307.JPG

51 minutes ago, Rigger said:

Could someone help me identify this horse and jockey.  I have owned this for a number of years now, and have never known.   I have listed this print on trademe, any help would be appreciated.  I have also listed tin sign, and can't seem to find any info regarding age etc

DSC02297.JPG

DSC02309.JPG

DSC02307.JPG

whats it listed under

Not Mainbrace, who was chestnut and a bulkier type. Syntax also chestnut and more upright type, being a stallion. Their jockey's colours were tartan and blue & cerise respectively.

Wonder if the photo was taken as a youngster as looks a small horse.

Yes, definitely not the aforementioned pair. Plumbing the depths of my pre-teen memory banks here. Certain I've seen that pic before in the old HoofBeats magazines. Pretty sure it's in the early-mid 50s......Fox Raid, Foxola, Fox something. Could be miles away but that's what's gnawing at me.

18 hours ago, Blue said:

Yes, definitely not the aforementioned pair. Plumbing the depths of my pre-teen memory banks here. Certain I've seen that pic before in the old HoofBeats magazines. Pretty sure it's in the early-mid 50s......Fox Raid, Foxola, Fox something. Could be miles away but that's what's gnawing at me.

Intriguing puzzle, or waste of time, isn't it? Looked through my collection of Hoof Beats colour/b&w plates for the quartered cap and not one that I have. Fox Raid (1948 br. m.) was the dam of Foxskin but it's not him.

4 hours ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

Intriguing puzzle, or waste of time, isn't it? Looked through my collection of Hoof Beats colour/b&w plates for the quartered cap and not one that I have. Fox Raid (1948 br. m.) was the dam of Foxskin but it's not him.

First comment very true. Narrowed it down to 63/64 when jockeys first had helmets as opposed to skull caps, and pre July 67 when decimal currency came in. How hard can it be? Anyone recognise the style of the jockey? Will this life-changing problem ever be solved???? What is the meaning of life????????...........................