RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CBT

Foxbridge Plate - I remember the good old days.......

How far have we fallen??

I remember back when I was at Waikato Uni and was on course to see Valentine Girl beat the champion Rough Habit in the Foxbridge Plate.

Good to see Winston having a crack ,trying to stop the rot with his all weather track proposal, but will NZ ever get back to the halcyon days of the 80's and 90's when people actually used to go to the races??

We can only but dream.

Meanwhile in Australia racing continues to thrive getting stronger and stronger. I can smell Spring racing! :)

3 hours ago, barryb said:

Dont think it is in to much of a decline huge increases in prize money just announced...wish NZ was in such a bad way...good to see you changed your mind about visiting RC....:D

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Dont think it is in to much of a decline huge increases in prize money just announced...wish NZ was in such a bad way...good to see you changed your mind about visiting RC....:D

The below says otherwise.

19B2AB2B-D488-4376-B3E0-4184566BCFE5.png

16 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I meant for the participants... the prize money is what keeps the owners returning and putting their hand up to stay involved.

For sure, agree with that.

The original statement was that Australian Racing was getting stronger and stronger, which is malarkey. It’s in terminal free fall decline and is equally non sustainable as NZ. Qld racing is losing $10s of millions each yr, Vict & NSW are declining so fast that only Pokies and Sports betting can save it. Sound familiar?

9 hours ago, barryb said:

Don’t believe what’s published in the Heraldsun Barry. That’s your first mistake. As Donald Trump would say “It’s fake news.” :P

For sure, agree with that.

The original statement was that Australian Racing was getting stronger and stronger, which is malarkey. It’s in terminal free fall decline and is equally non sustainable as NZ. Qld racing is losing $10s of millions each yr, Vict & NSW are declining so fast that only Pokies and Sports betting can save it. Sound familiar?

What a load of tripe, I sit here in Brizvegas and look at the pools and they are healthier than ever, UBET/TAB.COM/ and the corps, then I look at the NSW pool betting into the NZ Race day.......not the co-mingle delusion, the real deal, and UBET is worse, the interest here on NZ racing is negligible, the non tab fields here are racing for really good money, they survive on the bookies tax, oncourse tote, etc.......the fields in Melbourne are so good, their pools are amazing, and, the noms were so huge during the past weeks RVL have scheduled another meeting [xtra] at Bainsdale just to cater for all the ballots.......you can quote all you like, but we are living in reality here, oh, and heaps of sunshine, so we don't have the same chips on our shoulders.....hopefully most of you will accept the professionalism of John Messara, he should be lauded not punted into touch.

37 minutes ago, barryb said:

http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/getmedia/15e9921d-f7f5-421f-bda4-2a4a71612f90/QLDR-201617-Annual-Report.pdf.aspx

Read pages 6 & 7, despite massive wagering increase it’s still losing money.

Maybe aquaint yourself with facts before you post, beside wtf has the weather got to do with anything?

Well for starters both Flemington & Randwick are racing on perfect good tracks today in the middle of winter where as Te Rapa and Pukekura are racing on your typical bottomless heavy tracks.

Don’t worry though Bazza, Winston will hopefully get those All Weather tracks cranking soon which will fix that never ending abandoning problem NZ has been experiencing forever. ;)

http://www.racingqueensland.com.au/getmedia/15e9921d-f7f5-421f-bda4-2a4a71612f90/QLDR-201617-Annual-Report.pdf.aspx

Read pages 6 & 7, despite massive wagering increase it’s still losing money.

Maybe aquaint yourself with facts before you post, beside wtf has the weather got to do with anything?

Queensland is in the middle of political instability, it will rectify itself, same as the track at Eagle Farm, and yet we are racing for K70 today....every race except the Tatts, a lot more.....you can cry in your beer, across Oz racing is going well, read my facts.....you are a very well balanced Kiwi aren't you? a chip on each shoulder......it's 23 here, sunburn, slip, slap, slop.....that's what the weather has to do with it......a proven fact, people that live in sunshine are better adjusted than those that live in rain/wind/tempest......watch all the Kiwi horses racing in oz today, they are all basking in sun and finding lengths on their Kiwi form.....people like Little Avondale are laughing.....and enjoying the awards of a very solvent and prosperous Australia.

27 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Queensland is in the middle of political instability, it will rectify itself, same as the track at Eagle Farm, and yet we are racing for K70 today....every race except the Tatts, a lot more.....you can cry in your beer, across Oz racing is going well, read my facts.....you are a very well balanced Kiwi aren't you? a chip on each shoulder......it's 23 here, sunburn, slip, slap, slop.....that's what the weather has to do with it......a proven fact, people that live in sunshine are better adjusted than those that live in rain/wind/tempest......watch all the Kiwi horses racing in oz today, they are all basking in sun and finding lengths on their Kiwi form.....people like Little Avondale are laughing.....and enjoying the awards of a very solvent and prosperous Australia.

Nice win by Rogie’s horse at Randwick La Zip. 

I’m jealous of your 23 degrees. Only 13 in Melbourne today! :o

By real I mean, good tracks, good horses, great money, Great crowds......I feel really sorry for the valiant and the brave that go out in all weather over in NZ.....and then get shafted by the people in paid jobs at Petone......don't you?

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

Can’t be any good racing forums in the great land, if you are wasting your time on a NZ one, mind you I guess this appeals to you as you can appear big deal to all us poor peasant NZers.

2 hours ago, La Zip said:

No Barry, just a few.....you know who I mean.........great respect for all forums, especially in NZ as it's the only way people with passion can speak!

Just an ex kiwi wanker like Trump, ,so no issues from me. As bad as a reformed smoker.

13 minutes ago, barryb said:

Just an ex kiwi wanker like Trump, ,so no issues from me. As bad as a reformed smoker.

So because his opinions differ from yours he is a wanker...Thats not being very nice... no need for that i would not have thought....differing opinions make a forum...personal insults dont.

12 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

So because his opinions differ from yours he is a wanker...Thats not being very nice... no need for that i would not have thought....differing opinions make a forum...personal insults dont.

Thanks Scooby, but I'm not a he.....I'm a she........and as an Australian who tried to live, support and more importantly invest my hard earned cash in New Zealand racing for the past 4 years, I believe I see things differently...I do have the practical experience of  racing on both sides of the Tasman. As the President of my local track said to me "you know this is not Flemington or Rosehill"...which I replied "I'm fully aware of that but it doesn't stop you from running it like it was Flemington or Rosehill".....

I'm still supporting Kiwi trainers (I have 4 in work) and Kiwi breeders (3 mares).....if I was as BarryB suggests, then I would have taken my bat and ball and gone home. But I'm still supporting them..

3 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Thanks Scooby, but I'm not a he.....I'm a she........and as an Australian who tried to live, support and more importantly invest my hard earned cash in New Zealand racing for the past 4 years, I believe I see things differently...I do have the practical experience of  racing on both sides of the Tasman. As the President of my local track said to me "you know this is not Flemington or Rosehill"...which I replied "I'm fully aware of that but it doesn't stop you from running it like it was Flemington or Rosehill".....

I'm still supporting Kiwi trainers (I have 4 in work) and Kiwi breeders (3 mares).....if I was as BarryB suggests, then I would have taken my bat and ball and gone home. But I'm still supporting them..

No I was more meaning what he said about Trump...didnt mean to offend...

Reading some of those Aus stats charts above the conclusion is quite obvious. Betting on horse racing is losing out to sports betting.

So the geniuses in charge of NZ racing rather than improving racing  go out and promote the opposition with this so called Fixed Odds Platform. I doubt any business manual has ever come up with that formula.

The Fixed Odds platform has nothing to do with NZ Racing. Its a singly a sports betting "platform" indirectly paid for by racing at no risk to sports bodies.

Racing will be far better of in NZ divorcing itself from the TAB. Thats not silly as the IT infrastructure needed to handle just NZ betting is not all that expensive to setup from scratch.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:50 PM, barryb said:

Still the bitter and twisted one B.B. if racing is rooted in Oz then NZ is completely f#%ked. Tatts Raceday on Sat - crowd up 60% on last year. The June Tiara Tatts day ? Largest crowd since 2012. Ask Paul Shailer when he’s returning to NZ. With 60 winners and $6.5m in Stakes winnings this season, I don’t think he’s in too much of a hurry to return to NZ Racing soon. Get rid of the chip BB. 

On 7/21/2018 at 1:21 AM, barryb said:

2015 stories...little out of date.  This was before Winx brought them through the gates for Cox plate.  Still can't beat a champion to get the crowds.