RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Novak Djokovic

A great Wimbledon win by Djokovic ,on his day the best player in the World.

Now in the running to become the best player ever.....the one to take the GOAT mantle off the beautiful Roger Federer.

Some may say that the Wimbledon conditions....this year more of a bog like ,slower clay court grass surface....suited him but he did have to beat the King of Clay in a long zzzzzzzz behind the baseline slug fest...not pure tennis.

He does have the all round record ,he's had to win all his titles when RF and RN at their best also he's had to come back from injury and with 2 x kids now has balance in his life.

A true champion ....yes has thrown the odd racket etc....

The next GOAT !!!

Great win by Novak......the best player in world !

But what sheer beauty from Roger....and nearly 38 years old.

Staggering  that the top 3 still dominate.

Amazing that Roger has rissoled Rafa 6 of last 7 matches !

GOAT Roger losing that ranking to Novak.

Who would have thought that after is form slump in recent times ?

9 hours ago, tasman man said:

Another amazing performance from Novak Djokovic !

Now setting all sorts of records for his CV.

More than just 'halfwits' now label him the GOAT in the history of Tennis .

Novak Djokovic !

In my book "Greatness" also encapsulates "Character "T.Man and for that reason when we look beyond the numbers Novak will never pass muster compared to Roger and Rafa--IMO. Similarly Serena's petulance and plain nastiness will never elevate her above the "Grace" of Margaret, Chrissy, Steffi, Martina et al.

dont bother arguing with him chevy

when it was obvious Federer wasnt the gretaest ever, there were many in the debate, he jumped ship.

he's a federer fanboy one minute, djokovic the next :huh:

he lauds federers character and dismsses djokovics.

funniest poster ever.

did someone say KFC

2 hours ago, chevy86 said:

In my book "Greatness" also encapsulates "Character "T.Man and for that reason when we look beyond the numbers Novak will never pass muster compared to Roger and Rafa--IMO. Similarly Serena's petulance and plain nastiness will never elevate her above the "Grace" of Margaret, Chrissy, Steffi, Martina et al.

Couldn't agree more Chevy.

Many of Sport's greatest have had meltdowns of different varieties , both in NZ and on world stage.

Jordan ,Woods , Maradona ,Piggot ...the list goes on.

They can't all be Peter Snell's....

pogo loses it over Tennis.

The only normal people are people we haven't met yet.

KFC is apparently the preferred meal for the clients where pogo resides...the NSW State home for the Bewildered !

Actually I prefer McDonald's...surely the GOAT ...but thats a debate for another day !

You can meet pogo if they let him out for the last Great Northern Steeples in September !

Nice to see people talking tennis,why not more time spent talking sport here when in reality the best sport of the year is actually around now,Tennis,the Euros,anyway in Tennis we have been incredibly lucky to have seen3 of the greatest players ever and yet they all have their features that make them what they are,Federer to watch is just majestic yet I think for mental toughness Jockey itch gets my vote,how many times has he completely squeezed all the fighting spirit out of his opponents,as for Nadal,how many titles would he have won without the others,it's an amazing era in tennis on the men's side.

On the women's side the longer Williams play the less likely she is to win another slam,she won't do it,she's still trying at 39 when Graf retired at 30,I spouse we could ask a question,how many would she have won if she had played 8 or 10 years longer,I actually get sick of the medias obsesion with this old has been,sure any women can win on any given day but Williams has been able to clobber the crap out of the ball to overpower players,not nessarily outplay,not much elegance about her play,I thought it was funny when Meagan Markle flew across the Atlantic to see Serena in the Wimbledon final 3 years ago hoping she could celebrate yet Angie Kerber wiped her off the court in less than an hour,a real party spoiler.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

in reality the best sport of the year is actually around now,

Golf majors and let's not forget the wonderful Cycle Tours, even if they are team "jack-ups" to organise who can and cannot win-- how cool would it be for communication radios to be banned and everyone had to fend for themselves, just like the old days!!

Cannot imagine life without family and sport.😎

Actually I prefer McDonald's...surely the GOAT ..

in my humble opinion you would have to be a goat to eat it .......

give me a pickle and salad sandwich .😍 any day.

https://uk.blastingnews.com/food-and-wine/2016/08/here-is-why-eating-at-mcdonald-s-is-bad-for-health-001083227.html

Oh , cheer up pogo !

Watch some Basketball......the finalists for ABL just been decided......Perth v Melbourne .

Plenty of kiwis involved !

And I hear all Australia getting ready to watch World Cricket finals...on the tele , cos its in England and it's New Zealand and India.

Dunno what happened to Aussie ??????

8 hours ago, tasman man said:

Oh , cheer up pogo !

Watch some Basketball......the finalists for ABL just been decided......Perth v Melbourne .

Plenty of kiwis involved !

And I hear all Australia getting ready to watch World Cricket finals...on the tele , cos its in England and it's New Zealand and India.

Dunno what happened to Aussie ??????

what a crock..

are u just another SCS riddled dill ?

wake up to yourself.

You gotta admit the steady rise by NZ Black Caps to the top of World Cricket rankings has been quite something.

Wasn't so long ago that Aussie sent their 'B' squad to play NZ at cricket.

And the domination of Aussie racing by the Wallers ,McDonalds and now Colletts is also of great satisfaction to many in NZ.

Even silly Rugby league  has the NRL riddled with Kiwis ...and Pacificas and now English stars keeping the thing going !

This is a NZ site so of course we going to comment on our successes in Sport.

Aussie guests ,though welcome , should quit the abuse !

Tennis.....not so many Kiwis do well on world stage ,but  the Aussie brats and imports in that game in Aussie a far cry from the halcyon days of 1960's and 1970's when only USA and Aussie took Tennis seriously !

Every day a beautiful day !

agreed , what a sporting nation indeed, talk about punching above your weight , the rise of the kiwis in cricket particularly has been similar to sri lanka, imagine in the 60s thinking Ceylon would win a world cup.

NRL, theres one team nearly full of kiwis .....:o

as Jesus said to the Pharisees , let thou who is without sin cast the first stone.

no, no , dont try that rubbish

i've never been off track.

it's you who took a different fork in the road to suit your purpose.

SCS and pollyanna syndrome , it seems there is no cure .

1 hour ago, pogo(aus) said:

no, no , dont try that rubbish

i've never been off track.

it's you who took a different fork in the road to suit your purpose.

SCS and pollyanna syndrome , it seems there is no cure .

SCS .......Small Country Success.

Hard to deny !

I see your main man.....the impressive Spaniard has pulled out of next two major Tournaments.....to prolong his career.

Surely you have some description for this type of behaviour ? 

Then your #2 man ......Gall got decked by another ex-leaguey , a much younger opponent, in boxing .

Is there a message in all this  ?

Not been such a good week ? 

On 7/16/2018 at 1:15 PM, tasman man 11 said:

A great Wimbledon win by Djokovic ,on his day the best player in the World.

Now in the running to become the best player ever.....the one to take the GOAT mantle off the beautiful Roger Federer.

Some may say that the Wimbledon conditions....this year more of a bog like ,slower clay court grass surface....suited him but he did have to beat the King of Clay in a long zzzzzzzz behind the baseline slug fest...not pure tennis.

He does have the all round record ,he's had to win all his titles when RF and RN at their best also he's had to come back from injury and with 2 x kids now has balance in his life.

A true champion ....yes has thrown the odd racket etc....

The next GOAT !!!

5 years on.......Djokovic franks himself as the GOAT !

What a player .....sure a few don't like him personally [ TPS ] but a worthy successor to the great RF. 

Tough on the Spaniard , but only room on the pedestal for one GOAT , he just playing in the wrong era !