RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Scotch Thistle

Well Done Hawkes Bay Racing

The Hawkes Bay Racing website tells us:

Hastings races Thursday

The last Hastings race meeting of the season is set down for next Thursday, July 19, and a friends and family day is planned with free admission on course and free entry to the Members’ Stand.

There will be packages available of food and beverages for groups of any size and patrons will also be allowed BYO beverages on the public lawn area and public grandstand. This will be limited to six bottles of beer or one bottle of wine per person.

The gates will open at 11am with the first race timed for 12.27pm and the last at 3.57pm, although these times may change if additional races are programmed.

Presumably blind eyes will be turned if a flask or two of brandy or rum are brought along.  Or a keg of whisky if the Minister of Racing turns up with his friends and family in tow.

mmm yeah well, how does one hear about these events in the general (non racing) community?...this meeting being free,

attracted slightly more on course, than the previous $10 public entry HB jump day (that was devoid/desolate of a crowd)

I went along as i had heard through word of mouth the meeting was on and usually attend anyway on the lawn,

or in the members for the spring carnival with close friends from out of town.

I realise its a fine line and congrats to the club and Butch for still letting patrons BYO... (what would the New Years day pic-nic meet be, without it?)

How do Aussie? (or are they different?)...advertise properly to attract people on-course AND 

Having a breathaliser unit outside the gate (arranged or not) after the last is not a good look,

pre-arranged transport options with drop off points could be considered...

can cars be left overnight and picked up next day at most NZ meetings?  in case the driver has had an un-expected extra Gin.  

2 minutes ago, porky said:

congrats to the club and Butch for still letting patrons BYO...  

I know they are looking for 1800 more cops but I don't believe Butch has passed the 5km run test. So what is it? Does the club have permission to allow BYO or are the cops not interested in meetings that attract a gathering that could fit in a phone box.

56 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

I know they are looking for 1800 more cops but I don't believe Butch has passed the 5km run test. So what is it? Does the club have permission to allow BYO or are the cops not interested in meetings that attract a gathering that could fit in a phone box.

As far as BYO is concerned I think it not only depends on the cops but also the council. Te Aroha has BYO on Breeders stakes day and the cops and council are happy with this has we have not had an incidents. A coutesy van is on course that day to drop people off or even pick them up if they wish to have that option. I think it is a case of making sure your patrons have an option and watching that if someone is intoxicated that they dont get behind the wheel of a car. I know Tauranga and Matamata has a BYO too and in the 3 clubs there is a restiction on the amount of alchol that can be taken in.